• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic What Would Zelda Be Like Without OOT?

T

TND

You have to wonder if ZD or any Zelda fan site would exist without it. Heck, you have to wonder what Nintendo and video games themselves would be like without it today. It revolutionized so many things. I don't even want to think about OoT not existing. :(

F

Flare24

Zelda wouldn't give anyone anything to reference and the little cut scene with Zelda and Young Link from MM wouldn't make as much sense.

As much as it pains me to say it, I don't think Zelda would be anywhere near as popular as it is today if Ocarina hadn't come around. Zelda was popular, granted, but Ocarina cemented it as one of the greats. I'm not even sure if Zelda would still be around without the reputation it earned with Ocarina. I would be a sad individual were I to live in such a world.

Just imagine what it would be like if OoT didn't come out, what would the series be like then? Then thank God we don't live in that world, then thank Him for SS which made the series even better. <3

O

Omniversal

Ocarina of Time was the game that brought me into the zelda world
The other games wouldnt have that much elements as now
It probably would become more RPG like

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I think, without OOT, the series would lack a strong base. I played Twilight Princess first, and thought it was missing something. However, when I picked up Ocarina of Time, it was like everything fell into place. I don't think the Zelda franchise would have expanded as much as it did without OOT.

zellinkda

one of many
I think, without OOT, the series would lack a strong base. I played Twilight Princess first, and thought it was missing something. However, when I picked up Ocarina of Time, it was like everything fell into place. I don't think the Zelda franchise would have expanded as much as it did without OOT.
OoT is a big reason that zelda still exists. but sometimes i think that nintendo needs to loosen up and come up with ideas that aren't solidly based off of OoT. the reason why everything fell into place for you is because you played like star wars. you did the later game before the earlier one. you probably would have gotten the same reaction had you played SS first, as we still have the this of time and the that of time. of time of time of time. I love OoT, but i just have to laugh that this game was made over a decade ago, and we're still refering to it!:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom