• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What is Your Most Hated Zelda Misconception?

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
I actually met someone who said to me "I really hated Zelda II!" "Why's that?" "I dunno, just all those masks you had to collect, it was so boring!" "... You mean Majora's Mask is Zelda II...?" "Yes? lol What else would you call a second installment to a series?? haha!"

gDI1Y7F.gif

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I've read a theory that in Twilight Princess, the stalfos that teaches you all those moves is actually kid Link from OoT and MM. Supposedly, at the end of MM when he finishes his quest, he ends up lost in the woods and becoming a stalfos like the Kokiri girl in OoT said would happen to all non-Kokiri... or something like that. Personally, I think people just read too much into it and find whatever they want they want to find.

Actually this is a confirmed fact. It is stated that the Hero's Shade (i.e. the "stalfos") is the Hero of Time in Hyrule Historia. It's never been explained why he appears the way he does, so people theorize that Link got lost in the woods.

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
Actually this is a confirmed fact. It is stated that the Hero's Shade (i.e. the "stalfos") is the Hero of Time in Hyrule Historia. It's never been explained why he appears the way he does, so people theorize that Link got lost in the woods.

Well dang! Just shows how much of a noob I really am. I didn't read enough into it. That and I've just been watching a "Let's Play" of TP. I'll just shut my mouth now. O///O

That's what I get for only playing 2 of the games and calling myself a fan I guess. XD

Salem

SICK
I actually met someone who said to me "I really hated Zelda II!" "Why's that?" "I dunno, just all those masks you had to collect, it was so boring!" "... You mean Majora's Mask is Zelda II...?" "Yes? lol What else would you call a second installment to a series?? haha!"
Yeah, When MM was released a lot of people called it" Zelda 2", like the 4 that came before OoT don't exist or something...

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I don't know if this has been stated, but when people call Link mute it annoys me. I believe that in the games they don't give him dialogue for the same reason the pokemon characters don't have dialogue, to open things up for imagination and also so you, the player, can form your own reactions and voice for the character. It makes it personal.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I've read a theory that in Twilight Princess, the stalfos that teaches you all those moves is actually kid Link from OoT and MM. Supposedly, at the end of MM when he finishes his quest, he ends up lost in the woods and becoming a stalfos like the Kokiri girl in OoT said would happen to all non-Kokiri... or something like that. Personally, I think people just read too much into it and find whatever they want they want to find.

To clarify, it's fact that the hero's shade is OoT Link. It is not fact that he's a stalfos.

The hero's shade is a Stalfos.
Just look at him. He's a ghost. The only thing that looks remotely skeletal is his face.​
The hero's shade's sword and shield look like the Razor Sword and Mirror Shield from Majora's Mask.
Again, use your eyes.​

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
To clarify, it's fact that the hero's shade is OoT Link. It is not fact that he's a stalfos.
Again, the skull lead me to assume he was a stalfos. Like, I said, I'm following a non-copleted "Let's Play" of TP and have not actually played it.

Please don't hate me for being a noob. XD

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Oh yeah. When people complain about how Zelda should stop being cartoony. That's not really a misconception but it ANNOYS THE CRAP out of me. Seriously, they switched from old N64 3D models to cartoony. How do they even know that Zelda wasn't originally INTENDED to be cartoony? Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were all anime, and then they went to cartoony Wind Waker.

People complain about the cartooniness. Again, how do you know this wasn't their intention?? You don't! So stop complaining!

Squirrel

The Rodent King
When I mention The Legend of Zelda to someone and they think it's a movie and then I have to explain that it's one of the most popular and famous video game series in the world. -_- Or when people who've never played before prejudge TP because they think of the Twilight movie series.
Also I've never met anyone in person who plays Zelda who was aware that an ocarina is a real instrument, and very old too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom