• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your favourite and least favourite word?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My favourite words are poo and pop. I just love the way they sound.

I cant think right now of a word i hate as such but my least favourite word is like when people like use it inappropriately like. It's like so annoying.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
My favorite word is "word" I use it a lot. My least favorite word is "***got". It's such a terrible thing to say. I'm not a big supporter of the gay movement but I still don't see the point in using hate slurs like that, so really anything like that. So I guess I also hate ******,spick, dune coon. All that **** thows me into a rage fit.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
Favorite word I can think of now: Integrand. Because it's so grand.

Least favorite: Any sorta racial slur. I'm not a big fan of those words at all.

However, I know a big following of people who very much hate the word moist. I dont understand it however it's a thing.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
However, I know a big following of people who very much hate the word moist. I dont understand it however it's a thing.

There has actually been a scientific study into why words like 'moist' are so disgusting to people and it's to do with a combination of what the word sounds like and what it entails: things that are moist are often also unpleasant.

My favourite word.... hmm that's a hard one. I love the word 'tranquility'. It sounds like its meaning, it's all liquid and peaceful sounding.

In addition to the word 'moist', I hate the word 'cigarette', probably because I'm so grossed out by the object itself idk but I hate even saying it.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
My favourite word is 'apothecary'. It just sounds mysterious and shady, just like an apothecary. Plus, it isn't really used a lot. I also like 'convolution' and 'studio' for how they sound.

My least favourite is 'cripple' because it is usually misused as a derogatory term to refer to people using wheelchairs, canes, or other such devices because of a physical disability. Plus, the hard consonant sounds don't make the word roll off the tongue nicely. I'm also on the 'moist' hate bandwagon, preferring to use 'wet' instead.

Lanky Kong

borf
most of my favourite words are actually really offensive insults like ***got (not because I support them, they just REALLY roll off the tongue)
my least favourite word has to be bourgeois. I've never heard anyone use it and not sound pretentious.

I like "interesting" "brilliant" and "fantastic" this last one for the sound of it mostly.
I don't have many words I don't like but I dislike a lot of common expressions that are used for excessive hatred towards something "this or that sucks" or "XXXX is the worst YYYY ever!" and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom