• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What games are you most excited for this year?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I made this thread last year for 2015 or at least one similar. Quite a few of the games on this list made it on last years list due to delays.
So for me the games I am most excited for that are supposedly coming this year are:

Final Fantasy 15- This has been years in the making and unlike Nintendo and Zelda we have been shown updates for this game, they have allowed fans to play a tester and taken in feedback and rectified problems and recently a gameplay trailer was released showing that they have made improvements to the combat system. It looks totally amazing. I cant wait to play the game. It looks fun. Not only that but the game itself is beautiful. The graphics are going to be the best this generation. The design of the world (which we have only seen a tiny amount of) looks fantastic. I'm looking forward to the story, this is a series well known for its storytelling and for me story is equally important to how a game plays. I'm just...I cant wait for this. It's the game I'm most excited for this year.

Zelda U-I'm ready to give this series a final chance to impress me. Since TP I have noticed a big decline into mediocrity with the series. When it happens to a franchise you love it makes it even worse. I want this game to be good. I want it to do well...Just dont **** it up Aounuma.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided- I greatly enjoyed its predecessor. Transhumanism is a topic which captivates my interest so when I saw the first trailer for Human Revolution and that it was about transhumanism I knew that I would have to get the game. It turned out to have a great story to it. It was stylish and a joy to explore its world. The stealth gameplay was fun and I enjoyed all the different augmentations you could get for yourself. It is only natural that I want to play the sequel. The story should be interesting with transhumans actually being rejected now by society rather than being seen as the future.

Twilight Princess HD- TP is my favourite game of all time. I would have liked a proper remake but I'll make do with a remaster. It has hero mode and should correct my complaint with the weak enemies of the original.

Dark Souls 3- I am a big lover of the original but have refrained from buying 2 which has been reported to me as not being particularly good. DS3 promises to correct the problems with 2 so hopefully will be as good as 1.

Final Fantasy 7 remake- I'm looking forward to playing this game. I like the sound of the story of FF7. I enjoyed the animated movie Advent Children however I cant bring myself to play the original. I know I won't get the same joy from it first timers got when they played when it first came out. I don't even like turn based games like that anyway. But 7 remake has gameplay more akin to Crisis Core which I did enjoy, so I'll get it when it is all out, which is probably not this year as it is apparently being released in parts rather than all at once. I am not one to watch serials until the box set or play serial games until all parts are out.

Darksiders 3-This was available to preorder yet its probably just going to get a reveal this year and release next year. Loved 1. Enjoyed 2 but not as much. Here is me hoping 3 will be an improvement.

Doom-This looks like Serious Sam crossed with Bulletstorm and Gears of war. There's curb stomping, crazy weapons, ripping out your enemies eyes and bathing in their blood as you explode them. I saw a recent trailer and I knew this was my sort of experience.

Mass Effect Andromeda- There hasn't been much news on this game and I'm not sure it will actually come out this year but the ME series is one of my favourites of all time and I am interested in where it will go after the events of 3.

Scalebound-The game looks really nice. I love the art direction of it. The gameplay videos I have seen look interesting so I'm kind of looking forward to this game. I doubt I will buy on release or anything but when it is cheaper I will likely pick up.

Gears of War 4- I got gears 1 and 2 with my xbox 360 in a bundle and have played the series through many times since. The story of 3 wrapped things up with the locust so this is going to be a whole new enemy. I'm definitely going to give this game a shot at some stage.

What titles are you most excited for this year?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
D

Deleted member 14134

Shipping Simulator 2.0 Fire Emblem Fates
Dark Souls 3
Uncharted 4
Divinity Original Sin 2

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Halo Wars 2
ReCore
and maybe Mass Effect Andromeda (Kind of excited, but EA could easily screw the pooch with this one, so I'm not holding my breath).

Beyond that, I'm semi-excited for (will probably wait for a sale to buy):
Gears 4
Quantum Break
Deus Ex
Scalebound
Doom

Zelda U, Final Fantasy XV, and Mass Effect Andromeda, Twilight Princess HD.

It's been a long time coming for Final Fantasy XV and Zelda U, but it looks like we're finally getting around to their releases this year. I'm still skeptical on them actually managing to make it this year considering how long its been, but if both games make it to release, we're in for a pretty good fall release schedule. I'm not necessarily expecting a release for Andromeda this year, but getting more details on it at E3 would be amazing.

Outside of that, Twilight Princess HD definitely has my attention. I love the original, and the cleaned up version we've been shown looks good enough to interest me. I'm excited for another opportunity to run through the game.

Dan

Twilight princess HD of course, finally get to experience the game with wide-screen support without a pesky mirror map. Street fighter V too as I've just remembered I managed to preorder it for £22.
I've got my fingers crossed for Zelda Wii U too!

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
mainly just waifu emblem dates
i mean,im looking forward to other games like zelda u and persona 5 and such,but fe fates is the one im likely to get sometime soon after its release
oh and maybe dragon quest 7

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Final Fantasy XV, full stop. Square Enix made a good call in replacing Nomura with Tabata. And as Squeenix release more trailers and gameplay videos, the more my hype grows. I'm also really looking forward to the Dragon Quest VII and VIII remakes coming to the West at long last, as well as Bravely Second: End Layer.

Persona 5 is another game I'm excited about. It's more like a villain of the week story, but after seeing ATLUS milk the Persona 3 and 4 brand to death the last few years, Persona 5 is a much needed breath of fresh air. Speaking of ATLUS, I'm wagering that we'll be seeing Etrian Odyssey V some time at the end of this year, too. Give it to me, ATLUS. I'm ready. I'm also looking forward to Odin Sphere: Leifhrasir.

Cautiously optimistic about No Man's Sky. The project itself almost feels too ambitious, but I'm hopeful they can pull it off. Same with Nier: Automata and The Last Guardian.

Super curious about Cuphead. Old school cartoons are my jam, but shooters are not. But it looks so sharp and polished and fun and I don't have an Xbox One to give it a whirl.

Browen

xXThatReallyEmoNameXx
I'm rely exited for fire emblem fates and the new rwby game. Not sure what it's called, but I love the amerimu= american anime

Final Fantasy XV takes the cake. It'll be the first truly new FF since 2009, and it looks better and better the more we see of it.

Fire Emblem Fates is looking awesome too. Counting down the days...

Not really excited for Zelda U, since Nintendo has yet to market the game, but I'm still looking forward to it a bit.

• Tekken 7
  • Doom
  • Battlefield 5
  • Resident Evil 2 remake.
  • Uncharted 4
  • Zelda Wii U
  • Zelda Twilight Princess HD
  • Fallout 4 DLC
  • FF7 remake

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
To be honest, none. None of the games that we know are coming this year look any good.

I do want Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, simply because Human Revolution was such a fun game, but since it isn't coming on Wii U, I'm not going to play it probably.

Other than that ... meh. I'll eventually get TPHD, but I'm not drooling over it. Zelda U probably isn't happening, and there's nothing else of note.

Mass Effect is promising, but we know very little about it, so I can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom