• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think the Next Xbox Will Have to Offer?

Big Octo

=^)
With the availability of the Wii U and the PS4's big reveal, the pressure's on Microsoft to showcase what makes their next console worth the purchase. With the Wii U's and PS4's features in mind, whether they're interesting or not, it looks like Microsoft might need to get creative.

What unique features could ignite interest in the general gaming community with the next Xbox?

What games would make it survive in the market?

What would make it preferable over the PS4 or Wii U?

What would you personally like to see in the next Xbox?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
What unique features could ignite interest in the general gaming community with the next Xbox?

A button that baked pizzas and dispensed milkshakes.
(All of the rumoured features of the Nextbox are things we have seen before which will surprise no one. Microsoft doesn't have the creativity to do anything new or innovative.)

Half-Life 3 and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros as exclusives.
(The same cross-platform games which have kept the 360 going, things like Call of Duty, as well as Bungie's Destiny, The Elder Scrolls and Microsoft's only meaningful exclusive, Halo.)

If it gave you money everytime you turned it on.
(I doubt Microsoft have the ability to make a console which will appeal more than the Wii U or the PS4. I'm not necessarily saying it will appeal less, just that it most likely will not appeal more.)

Imps. If you opened it up and it was just a room full of imps all running around making stuff happen.
(Reliable hardware that didn't break down every 6 weeks. Seriously, Microsoft hardware is easily the most shoddy by a huge margin and they seriously need to get their act together in the reliability department.)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
...I....just want a system that works. Seriously, the 360 crashes, overheats, and breaks down more than my N64. =/

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I think they're going to focus more on the social aspect gaming. They've been already doing that with the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live, but I think they'll have newer features that continue to integrate social interactions and other forms of entertainment with your video game consoles.

Exclusives... Games and/or content/DLC. Just exclusive stuff. This applies to all the consoles. You need exclusive games.

Exclusives. And fan loyalty. Features and things would be nice too. Also the features of Xbox Live 3.0, whatever they may be.

Backwards compatible. Beyond that, I'm game for anything else. I feel like most gaming consoles are going in the right direction with integrating other forms of entertainment (like Netflix and Hulu) into the gaming experience, so I'd like see where that goes in the future.

(All of the rumoured features of the Nextbox are things we have seen before which will surprise no one. Microsoft doesn't have the creativity to do anything new or innovative.)
?
That must be the dumbest thing I've read all day.

Microsoft's only meaningful exclusive, Halo.)
Gears of War and Fable say hi

Austin

Austin
Same interface as the 360, except that each screen only has one tile dedicated to system functions and the rest are ads. You may not progress to the next screen until all the ads have finished playing. Volume settings are not adjustable.

Instead of loading screens, you'll now have commercial breaks. Turning the power off during these will brick the console.

You must fill out several mid to long length surveys prior to installing a game. Information collected during these surveys will not be shared with anyone but Microsoft, their investors and their advertising partners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom