• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[TUTORIAL] How To Inject Games Into GBC/GB Virtual Console Titles

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
A new exploit for the 3DS has been released that allows you to use the Game Boy and Game Boy Color virtual consoles for other games. For this to work you must be on firmware 9.0-9.4.

What the exploit does exactly is when the rom is loaded into ram, it replaces it with another.

Before we start, there are some things you need to know.
1. Your custom rom must be the same size, or smaller than the rom of the game you have on the virtual console. I'm using Legend of Zelda - Links awakening DX (512kb) for GBC and Tetris for GB (32kb).
2. This exploit does not have what is known as "kernel exploit" which means it cannot write to nand, which means there is almost no chance of bricking your console. That being said, I am not responsible if it does.

ALright. Have your ROMs? Good. If you're using a GBC game, download GBC.bin and rename it "code.bin" and put it in the root of your SD card along with your rom which you'll need to rename "rom.gbc"

If you are using a game boy game use gb.bin, name it "code.bin" and do the same, but name your ROM "rom.nes". NES because the creator of the code was originally doing it for nes virtual console but switched halfway through.

Now that every thing is in place, insert the SD card and load up your virtual console.
Hit "Reset" and as you hit yes, press the home button.

Now make your way to the web browser. (You'll need to be connected to the internet) and go to this website.
loadcode.projectpokemon.org
Your web browser will spit out an error, crash, then return to home menu. Resume your virtual console game and reset via the VC menu and your new rom should be running.

EDIT: The rom change is temporary, but the next time you load up your virtual console, reset it, or it will crash. After crashing, it will load up as normal.

Original source
Credit goes to KAZOwar for GBC and Shutterbug2000 for GB

Feel free to ask any question, I'll do my best on answering them. I may also do a tutorial on how to inject pokemon into pokemon games, though I'm not sure about that just yet.

Attachments

• GBC.bin.txt
    944 bytes · Views: 41
  • GB.bin.txt
    712 bytes · Views: 52
Last edited:
I try to inject a game of gb and they go out for me you get crazy the virtual game icarus is kid of myths and monters, the game that I want to inject: Anyone (already checks that his size is equal or minor)

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
I try to inject a game of gb and they go out for me you get crazy the virtual game icarus is kid of myths and monters, the game that I want to inject: Anyone (already checks that his size is equal or minor)
Are you making sur eto rename the file to "code.bin" and rom.nes? AMke sure you change the actual file extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom