• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce Beasts

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
We all know Ganondorf turns into a GIANT PIG when he uses the ToP, and that he has an amazing power, and his hand shines during the transformation. We also know that in TP Link was transformed into a wolf and when he was transforming his hand was glowing.

Does this mean that when the holder of the Triforce is in great danger it tranforms him(or her) into a legendary beast?

Discuss;)

You may want to check the continuation of this thread Triforce Weapons.

Last edited:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
From what I you seem to be saying I would agree that each triforce holder has beast inside him/her so the ? is what is Zelda's Triforce beast.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well actually what you are talking about are two different thing. Link's hand in TP was glowing because the Triforce probably reacted with the twilight causing him to turn into a wolf. Ganondorf on the other hand is different. He is transformed by the Triforce of Power into his hate and evil. This case he is a pig-creature-sort of thing. We only see this when he is really angry. The Triforce probably doesn't react with the holder being in danger; at least not that we know of.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I think Ganon's triforce of power causes him to become the pig demon, Link becomes a wolf, and Zelda just stays the same because she's just too cool to be made. Awesomer.

Djinn

and Tonic
While I do not believe the animal transformations truly represent the single Triforce pieces I do think the transformations have more to do with the individual transformed.

The only time we were given any type of explanation on the transformations was in Link to the Past which tells us the Dark World transforms someone to match their true nature in their heart. And in Ganon's case it was a pig. I took the pig transformation to represent Ganon's greed in wanting everything and rule the world itself. While Link's transformation was a rabbit. Possibly exposing Link's fear of the quest set before him. But the true nature of courage is acting in spite of it, not the absence of it.

But in Twilight Princess Link transforms into a wolf. Theories have been made trying to explain this, the most common is Link was a lone wolf already. Living alone, acting alone, and was not afraid to fight when needed. It represented a more heroic animal.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Satoru Takizawa: In the previous Zeldas, Ganon has always been a pig. Though we wanted to do something differently this time, we still thought it would be best to have him as a pig in the end, but weren't sure how to go about it. I was really worried, myself. I wanted to know what Miyamoto would think. In the end I realized Miyamoto wouldn't be obsessed about anything like that, and just went through with it myself.

The story in Ocarina of time isn't actually original, it deals with the Sages' Imprisoning War from the Super Famicom's ALttP. Because of the relation, I thought it would be right to leave a part of the pigginess in.

So, what I mean is "pigs will be pigs," hey? When Ganondorf transforms, his human face is pulled away and only the pig remains, it can't be hidden anymore.
Ganon turned into a pig because of obtaining the Triforce, as explained in the LttP BS. Since OoT was retelling this BS, they made him a pig again. However, in OoT he only got the ToP. The re-use of this concept in TP leads to the conclusion that now only the Triforce of Power is required for Ganondorf to reveal his pig self. Takizawa explains that Ganon's always been pig-natured at heart, and the Triforce of Power allows him to pull away his human exterior and let his inner beast out. He can probably do this at will, or out of anger as had been suggested.

(Faron)
光の人々が魂となる影の領域トワイライトで 貴方は、青き目の獣と化した・・・
The area of shadow that turns people of the light into spirits which is known as the twilight transformed you into that blue-eyed beast…
In the land covered in twilight, where people roam as spirits, you were transformed into a blue-eyed beast...

しかし、それは兆し・・・
But that was a sign…
That was a sign...

貴方の中に眠る、神に選ばれし者の力の 目覚めの兆しだったのです
It was a sign of the awakening of that which sleeps within you, the power of one who is chosen by the gods.
It was a sign that the powers of the chosen one rest within you...and that they are awakening.

(hero's shade)
だがそれは、気高き獣の精神を備える 勇者の血族だけに受け継がれるもの
However, those are inherited only by blood relatives of the hero who possesses the spirit of the sublime beast.
Those are only for one who carries the blood of the hero...the one whose spirit is that of the sublime beast.
But I only accept to be succeeded by one who has the spirit of the sublime beast and who is a blood relative of the hero.
So you're right in that this is very similar to Ganon's case. Link is a "sublime beast" at heart. The difference is that Link's beast is also brought out by the Twilight, not only by the ToP (later in the game you can you Ganon's magic [ToP] to transform when you want, just like he can). So it appears that Link's beast is only associated with the ToP and the Twilight, and not the ToC.

The ToW is also shown to behave differently in regard to Twilight and transformations.
(Zelda)
私もまた、貴方と同じ 神より授かりし力を持つ者・・・
Like you, I am a bearer of the power granted by the god(desse)s…
Like you, I have been granted special powers by the goddesses…

ミドナ 受け取ってください これを、貴女に・・・
Midna, please accept this, it's for you…
Accept this now, Midna. I pass it to you…

(Midna)
ゼルダ・・・アンタの全て 確かに、受け取ったよ・・・
Zelda… I really have received your everything…!

Zelda… I've taken all that you had to give…though I did not want it.
Zelda's power allows her to stay in her own form inside the twilight, and allows Midna to stay in hers outside the Twilight. (I don't quite remember what happened to Zelda when she gave Midna her everything. iirc, she just became unconscious, which doesn't follow this logic.)

In conclusion, I think the Triforce of Power is the only one that actually facilitates transformation.

linksbro321

Awsome sauce!!!!!!!
Someone might have said this but I think everyone has a twilight form. Links was a wolf and Ganons was a giant monster. Link got the thing which I can't name, the back stone I'll call it from Zant. Ganondarf probably has somehting like that or has learned to control it/

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Someone might have said this but I think everyone has a twilight form. Links was a wolf and Ganons was a giant monster. Link got the thing which I can't name, the back stone I'll call it from Zant. Ganondarf probably has somehting like that or has learned to control it/

I think ganondorf's transformation capabilities is self-explanatory. The Triforce of Power seems to be the most powerful of the three and it gives the holder tremendous offensive power. So it's not a huge mystery as to why Ganon can do some pretty weird stuff.

And as for Link transforming into a Wolf in the Twilight, it's because he has the Triforce of Courage. A gift from the goddesses. Midna says that "regular" people who enter the Twilight become those shadow beasts, mindless freaky-looking things. So if you're not a Twili or don't hold a part of the Triforce, the Twilight is not going to transform you in a positive way. The only people with unique transformations in the Twilight are those who hold part of the golden triangle.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
No. The reason I say this is because the Triforce is not an evil artifact. The reason Ganondorf transformed is likely because he wanted it to happen, which wouldn't mean he was in "danger" of transforming: it was just an ace in the hole for him (which Link still trumped without transforming himself).

In OoT, he seemed to do so willingly in order to preserve his life. In Twilight Princess, he did so willingly in order to kill Link.

Also, don't argue that Ganon turned into a pig demon upon getting the Triforce in the BS to ALttP, because he didn't. Instead he decided to transform the Sacred Realm into the Dark World, and remember that the Dark World reflects a person's nature and turns them into the creature or object that represents them the most. He transformed upon the Dark World effecting him.

Then consider Link's transformation into a wolf in TP. He was forced into it, yes, but the thing is, the ToC was somewhat obviously (at least to me) reacting to the Twilight around him. And to prove that point, remember when you gain the ability to transform to and from Wolf form at will? It's because of a shard of Twilit whatever that Link touches, which proves that it's not the ToC itself that causes him to transform, it's the external stimuli (Twilit Shard) that the ToC reacts to.

My conclusion is that either only the Triforce of Power allows it's bearer (EG Ganon/dorf) to transform into anything other than human without external stimuli or Link and Zelda just don't know how to use the Triforces all too well. That, and there never was any "danger" of transforming as though it were a bad thing or something.

Djinn

and Tonic
I think there is enough evidence to say that owning the Triforce is the catalyst for the transformation but not the cause or reason. Simply owning the Triforce does not transform one into a creature. But the power it gives the owner grants them the ability to transform if they wanted to.

Every other transformation has an explanation. InLttP simply being in the Dark World and not carrying the Moon Pearl will cause an individual to transform into what their heart reflects. Sahasrala, the ball on Death Mountain and one or two Trees tell Link this. While in TP the Twilight will normally transform people of the Light World into spirits but in Link's case he was transformed into a wolf.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Ganondorf in TP did not transform because the ToP activated. He transformed into a "divine beast" similar to how Link did - his Triforce piece protected him against the twilight that he called forth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom