• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri Force Heroes Tri Force Heroes is in Downfall Timeline

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Aw come on, where's the problem with that? It's really funny actually. Like I've said before, it shouldn't have been ALBW Link doing the crossdressing but even that is not that big of a deal to me honestly.
Why should it not be ALBW Link? What's the difference between regular Link, and this one specific incarnation?

That one specific incarnation never showed any signs of being interested in crossdressing in the past, so I feel it's out of character for him.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
You guys want to know why they stuck it after ALBW? It wasn't because it actually adds anything to the overall timeline—it's more of a way to get people to buy ALBW who don't have it already, or for people with ALBW to buy Tri-Force Heroes thinking it's a sequel and that the plots will connect adding to the story.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'll try, but I won't like it:(. Well, at least it's not A Link to the Past Link^^. If it was him cross dressing like that, I'll be really Furious! Outraged! SICK WITH ANGER:ananger:!
Why? ALttP Link had pink hair and turned into a bunny so he's already halfway there. Either that or he plays bass in a punk band. Regardless, it would make more sense for him to crossdress than ALBW's Link.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Why? ALttP Link had pink hair and turned into a bunny so he's already halfway there. Either that or he plays bass in a punk band. Regardless, it would make more sense for him to crossdress than ALBW's Link.
Nah, ALttP Link is still too hardcore for cross dressing.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
That one specific incarnation never showed any signs of being interested in crossdressing in the past, so I feel it's out of character for him.
To be fair, neither does TFH Link thinking about it, it's frankly more of a sacrifice to do the greater good than willingly crossdressing due to enjoyment. Still though, I fail to see why one would be upset about ALBW doing it and not just Link in general, it's not like there's a huge massive gap in the opinions and/or thought processes of the slight redesigns or in the case of ALBW and TFH, reused designs, of Link, the singular character.
His hair is not pink, it is blond.

I actually cannot believe that the TFH Link is the same as the ALBW Link. ALBW Link looks like LttP Link, and TFH is Toon Link.

As for the timeline placement, I really don't care. The story of TFH is so unimportant to me that it matters less than any other title in the series.

I just sum it up to the whole "Link went into disguise to hide his Heroic origins" thing, and ironically his disguise ended up looking like another Link from other eras.

They should make Hyrule Warriors canon now too if i'm honest, but now that this is canon i have to buy it lol.

Well the demo was fun playing online with randoms this weekend gonna order it today and play it tommorow.

Also wanna get HW but i'm waiting for a legends like version for Wii U with the 3DS stages added. Or maybe they wil release that as dlc somewhere after the 3DS version release. I rather wanna play it in HD:p

It would be kind of impossible to make HW canon, since remakes are the canon, up to date versions, and HWL completely throws the timeline out the window.

Some people are taking the canon way too seriously. We are talking about Zelda here. A series with characters like Tingle, Fyer, and Falbi. In Wind Waker, they fire Link out of a cannon into the Forsaken Fortress. In Spirit Tracks, you ride on a magic train across the shackles of an ancient demon. In Skyward Sword you dive out of the sky using practically a bed sheet to break your fall. It's silly, it's fun. Just play the games and don't get so bent out of shape about how serious they are. ;) They were never intended to be overly serious games. I also don't get the problem people have with the cross-dressing. It's 2016!! :pikalove:

That said. I've enjoyed the game. Finished most of the challenges in single player, but also many in multi. Both ways have been fun. Is it like a traditional Zelda game? Not really. But it's a good time, and it's fun to see them take a step in a new direction. Can't wait to see what other content comes out for it. :)

Last edited:

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Yes, Nintendo placed TFH after ALBW and claimed it's the same gen of Link all because the game has the same engine/assets and because of what some guy (who's probably just a time traveler and/or just worked with the Hero's kind before in his history/timeline) said to "Link". Sounds a lot like what they did with FS when they placed that game before OoT all because of how a map was designed in the game!

Just shows that Nintendo just doesn't care about the timeline when speaking outside of the games at all. Nintendo is just weird like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom