• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 3 Overrated Series

1. Call of Duty

2. Battlefield

3. Elder Scrolls

What do all these have in common? The only people that I know that play them are in Middle School and early High School.

What do you guys think are the 3 most overrated series currently?

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
CoD definitely tops the list. Acitivision has been cranking out the same game since 2007 and enjoys incredible sales as well as prestige. If that's considered AAA material then I don't want to live on this planet anymore. The story deteriorates with each installment, involving predictable and unsatisfying plot "twists" and mutiplayer is as broken as they come nowadays.

Your signature makes me prone to nominate Madden NFL Football is another overrated franchise. It's the same case with CoD repeated again. A new game is released, fans rush to pick it up and claims its the greatest sports game ever played. I'm inherently biased against football but a stale virtual reinvention of one of America's favorite past times fails to distinguish itself from the pack.

Pokémon concludes my list. I've tried to reignite my interest in the franchise but there is nothing worthwhile to invest in. Game Freak has been churning out the same product for over 15 years. I'd like for the traditional barrier to be broken as I explore a 3D realm filled to the rim with both gyms and Colosseums with additonal integrated online functionality via leaderboards but I realize that's a far fetched pipe dream.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Zelda is a very overrated series on the outside, but what baffles me the most is how torn the fanbase is on the inside of things. They all push out the notion that Zelda is the best series, yet they quarrel and all of this other nonsense. I'd like to say as well that they believe every new 3D release to be a gift from God or something of the sort -- they never have questions or concerns for new releases which is ridiculous int he eye of one who just hated the latest release. For an overrated series, Zelda is an oddity.

Next that comes to mind is Call of Duty. Now, I'm not trying to perpetuate stereotypes, but a great deal of the online players of CoD herald every single installment as the best game ever made, yet they turn around and backstab that title when the next title releases. Like the Zelda fanbase, though, they all send the message that CoD is the best, yet they themselves do not truly appreciate the titles they're given. Another oddity, yet still overrated.

And finally, I would like to say...hmm...I don't know, so I won't comment on a third.

Dan

I'll probably have to go with COD as well on this one, it's a great game and all but certainly not the "BESTEST GAME EVER YH M8 C WAT I'M SAYIN". Then again that's mostly what chavs and young-ins think. ;p
Next I'll have to go with Pokemon, their aren't too many changes but I still like it because I'm cool that way. (I'm not) but like ALIT said I would like to see something done different with the series, A realm of 3D would be nice, a world a big like dragon quest on the PS2. It could also use a rabbit unicorn Pokemon still. (bunnycorns are the greatest thing ever) Lastly I'll have to go with FIFA. I hate Fifa games with a passion, although this might be more of a British overrated game rather than a general overrated game. I just dislike the sport in general and hate seeing the game in bargain bins, and filling up the shelf's in game stores. :P

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
I loved these games until 4 yr olds would befriend me because I was nice... Thats great but i felt like a pedophile. So I sold these games

Call of Duty

Halo

Grand theft auto. Seems too serious that i dont wanna play it and 4 year olds swearing at me! Yeah..

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
1. Call of Duty: Same thing every single November, yet best selling game every year. It honestly makes me sad inside.

2. Elder Scrolls: Just for Skyrim. I like the series and all, but people just got ridiculous when Skyrim came around. No one I knew that played it would ever shut the hell up about it, not to mention that annoying arrow to the knee "meme".

3. Pokemon: Another example of a series that I love, yet many others just take it over the top. Also mixed with Call of Duty, it's pretty much the same thing every time. And, I don't find very much appeal in Black/White, probably won't with Black/White 2 either.

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
1: Half-Life.

I had everyone telling me Half-Life 2 was like the second coming or something. I enjoyed it, but it was nothing special. The episodes weren't very good though, especially Episode 2.

2: Call of Duty.

I actually really like Call of Duty, well, Modern Warfare, but the series doesn't deserve the fanfare it gets. They're good games but not that good.

3: Assassin's Creed

Again, I really, really like the Assassin's Creed games but when I play them I do find myself getting frustrated or repeating the same actions over and over. There are only about three or four different types of mission in them (kill, follow, timed, steal) and after a while it can get boring. I'm still very exciting for Assassin's Creed 3 but I still expect to have the same frustrations at times.

1. Obligatory Call of Duty Answer....

While I don't hate the series, I don't understand why people gush over each entry like it's the second coming of God. Most gamers will agree that it's a good series with flaws, but the majority of high school players who's knowledge ranges from Madden XX to Call of Duty claim it's the best thing ever.

2. Final Fantasy?

This choice is a bit unfair considering I've actually only completed one Final Fantasy game and loved it. I don't know, but the series just never felt very amazing. Perhaps it's not my gameplay style, but I just realized that my other FF games have been sitting on the shelf collecting dust. Hey, maybe one day I'll actually play through them and see how they turn out since I did love FFX once I got the hang of things, but for now, we're just going to write off this series as "Not for me."

3. Madden

1. Update Roster
2. Add a few new modes
3. Sell for $60 every year
4. ???
5. PROFIT!!!!

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Call Of Duty So overrated people get to excited over the same thing every year.

Pokemon I love pokemon don't get me wrong but people go over the top with it in some cases even saying it's the best but in my opinion it's not the best but still good and the newer 5th generation just feels like they were forced to do it.

How embarrassing i can't even think of a third one and my list is basically the same as most previous ones. :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom