• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Tips for Making a Good Fanfic

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
Hey guys and gals,

I was just wondering how to make a good fanfic because im going to post the next three chapters of first fanfic. If you could reply and let me know what makes a good fanfic to you. Oh and if you have time could you check out the first three chapters of my fanfic. Its called The Legend of Zelda: The Mythical Sword chapter 1-3
Thanks,
ZeldaMaster

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't write Fanfics,but this is a very important rule in all kinds of writing.Make it detailed.A sentence like "He was walking throung the forest and saw a cabin" is a bad sentence,because it's not very Detailed.Here it is with more detail."He was walking through the peaceful,serene,forest in the morning,when he suddenly spotted a old log cabin near the local well".Much better,right?Always have detail,unless it's a comic or something.Hope this helps!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Well I have been told my fanfic is good so I'll give this a try, though to be honest I don't consider it a fan fic, just a story.

Anyway, make sure you put lot's of personality in your story. You don't want each character and chapter sounding like each other. Also don't be afraid of the boring moments in the story. I've seen stories fail because they were rushed trying to hurry up and get to the action.

Description is vital. It's better to be too descriptive then to not have enough description. (Though it's best to have just the right amount)

Hope your story works out!

Always add detail when you can, if you're using a character made up by someone else make sure they aren't changed too much, and most importantly, make sure you have a good plot. A very well-written story is pointless if it's about nothing. A good story is what really gets fans.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
I don't write fan-fics, but grammar and punctuation can make a story much more enjoyable. Make sure you read over what you've written every paragraph or so for errors and anything you'd like to remove or add. Also, make sure you like the chapter, if the creator doesn't like their own product, usually others won't either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom