• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Time Travel Speculation, a Rumor, or Possibility Now?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I remember, before Skyward Sword was announced, was that time travel theory and that it was going to be in the game.
I was simply wondering, do some of you people still believe in this theory, or have another idea? As for what I myself personally think, I don't think it will be a role in the game, and I highly doubt it, because the main theme for this Zelda is the sky, from what it seems.
So what do you think? Time traveling in Skyward Sword? True, or false? And why?

M

Mujura

I don't think that there will be time travel in SS because Miyamoto doesn't reuse ideas, and that it really wouldn't add to the plot.

its funny you say he doesnt reuse ideas, since until now, every zelda game has been a ripoff of another.

also, time travel has been reused in OoA, so.. yea

but there wont be time travel, i can garuntee you

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yeah, many people thought this was a possibility, and I wanted to know if some people think that it will be in it.
Seems unlikely, because the theme now looks like the sky.

Abbs

Eh, I kind of doubt it.
We already had Ocarina of Time use the time traveling idea, and it wouldn't be as effective, in my opinion, reusing it for the second time.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
No, I highly doubt it. It's been way used over the past Zelda Titles and I don't think Nintendo wants to reinvent Zelda by using a old theme. It just wouldn't work, I'd be so disappointed if this was actually true. I personally do not at all believe in this theory that time travel will be used. The theme is like, ancient Hyrule mixed with stuff to do with the sky. It's pretty obvious from what we've seen.

the only reason to use time travel is if it was some how connected to Oot, and in a time travel way. So no, I don't think so, since the theme is the sky, as like you said.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Hmm, seems everyone's agreeing on the same thing here. No.

Ah well. Hey everyone, when some of you heard of the time travel theory, did you accept it? I first did, but now knowing that the theme is the sky, I'm pretty happy with this theme. Time travel would've been slightly confusing to me. Although if there was a time traveling part in the game, that would be nice, but again, it would boggle my head.:shake:
Say, would some of you want time traveling in the game? Me? I'm satisfied with the sky! I can't wait to take my first jump off of Skyloft! =D

L

legnase

We probably won’t see time travel as the main point of SS like OoT. However there might be some small part of the game having to do with time travel, like TP.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'll say no for now, since the burden of proof would be on one who says there is time travel, and there is no proof as those rumors were proven false.
But it is possible. Maybe as a way of telling the BS, Link uses the MS and the PoT(if it existed back then) to travel back to before the lands split. Definately not nearly as prominent as in OoT or OoA though.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
If there was time travel involved in SS I would think it would be on the TP level, like a dungeon located in the part or in the future. Time travel was more the province of the Hero of Time and I think this is a new hero with a new title. It might be that we start off as a kid, and after an intro of sorts we then get to play the game with a grown up Link. But I don't see there being a constant switching back and forth from adult to kid. Maybe the time warp doesn't affect Link's age, like in oracle of ages but I still have a hard time thinking it will be in the game. Hopefully im wrong because it would be neat to see OoA's concept brought back for a 3D game. It would make for some of the best puzzles yet.

its funny you say he doesnt reuse ideas, since until now, every zelda game has been a ripoff of another.

also, time travel has been reused in OoA, so.. yea

but there wont be time travel, i can garuntee you
The core story structure and game-play have stayed the same, yes, but starting with Ocarina of Time every major Zelda game has included unique aspects and innovations. Also, Oracle of Ages (along with Seasons) were made by Capcom, so Miyamoto didn't make them. I believe he had involvement, but he wasn't in charge. They also weren't main Zelda releases. So he's not wrong.

For the record, I also agree there won't be time travel. I thought that Nintendo debunked that rumor before but I can't really remember. There's really no reason to even consider it as a possibility as far as I can see. Nothing at all hints at it, other than the fact it's been used before. :?

I don't believe that there will be any time travel in Skyward Sword, I don't see why Nintendo would use the time manipulation idea all over again. Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and as someone said, one of the OoX games has used a time travel theme in it before, and Skyward Sword seems completely themed around the Skyloft and the Sky, thus I don't really see where time travel would fit in. I hope they don't use time manipulation again for a while, I want Nintendo to try and make the series feel completely different than the past games by introducing several completely new aspects and not reusing the older aspects such as time manipulation or Ganondorf. The Zelda series really does need changem otherwise Skyward Sword will be as stale as the rest of the newer Zelda games.

If Nintendo do incorperate or time manipulation system, I hope that it's completely different from the systems they used for the past games which just involve slowing down time, speeding it up and reversing it back to one point in time. I don't really want to see something like what Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask used just copied into Skyward Sword, but I'm doubting that time manipulation will occur in Skyward Sword at all. It's still possible, but I doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom