• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Third Hunger Games Fanfic

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Wow. Just....wow. Blue-eyes, the day you commented happened to be the day I decided to 'get back in the groove,' or so to speak.

Day 5

Rogue Emerald
District 3

The chameleons have surrounded me. The glowing things are laughing at me. Or at least that's what it sounds like. One of them lunges at me. I barely have time to dodge, and I hack at it. It screeches, and steps back. It seems to be bleeding.....something glowing.

The rest of them jump towards me, teeth bared, but I duck and start running. The light behind me dims, and I grab some darkness sunglasses out of my pocket and put them on.

Then the light reappears in front of me and jumps at me. The chameleon is pinning me down. More lights turn on, and I can see the other chameleons coming toward me. The chameleon pinning me down is licking his lips in an oddly human way.

I react without thinking and stab it in the chest. It screams, and staggers back, whimpering. The others hesistate, unsure as whether to proceed or not. Being muttations, their first instinct would be to attack. So why not?

The muttations seem to overcome their hesitance and charge. I start running, and I hear screaming from somewhere else in the Arena. I turn my head to look at the chameleons. Then, I run straight into someone.

We're both on the ground, moaning and clutching our heads. Then, when I come to, I realize the clouds are clearing. A chameleon jumps at me, but before it can kill me, it turns into dust. With the clouds clear, I take a better look at my surroundings.

The person I ran into is Shado. But that's not all. I look around, seeing tributes moaning and groaning. I count until I reach ten. There are ten tributes left in the Arena.....I jolt as I realize the truth.

They've just lured all of us into one place. Most of us standing here are going to die today.

Jedizora

:right:
Awesome, I've been waiting for this to resume. I just reread it, kinda strange how you posted right after.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Solomon Coin
District 13 Rebel

My friends,

The time is almost here. Soon, the Capitol will fall, and we will restore peace to Panem. The moment we have waited for for so many years is almost here. It all depends on the outcome of the Games. Shado must win. He knows that. If Shado does not win, everything we have prepared for will have come to ruin. I know you fear that the Capitol will associate District 13 with Shatterpoint, but this will not be the case.

All you have to do is stay out of the way. I have given Shado instructions and physical training on how to win. He has already shown that he is capable by killing all but one of the Careers. Once he wins, he will kill President Snow at the ceremony, and we will attack in the utter chaos. They will not be able to cover up what happened like the time they killed Jack.

Once Snow is dead, we have free reign. We will gun down the Gamemakers and officials, and restore power to the people. Remember that the ends justify the means. I see a potential ally in the Head Gamemaker, Ilio Vazon. Our spy in the Gamemakers has reported that Vazon is rarely seen during the Games, and when he is, he is visibly affected. I believe him to be connected with the girl we found wandering through the woods.

The Capitol knows we exist, but have not yet made it public. They will not implicate District 13 in our actions. I will make sure of it. I am going to journey to the Capitol to oversee the final stages of the plan. They will not force us. They will stop degrading us. They will not control us. We will be victorious.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Expect more consistent chapters after I get out from school (a week).

Mary Black
District 3

Everyone's here.....I realize this as the clouds clear. All ten tributes in one place. I look around. Shado, Zord, Terren, Alia, Lucas, Reyna, the last remaining Career, Mizu, me, and....Rogue. Do the Gamemakers want this over that quickly? Apparently so, as they've used the luminous chameleons to lure us to the edge of the mountain.

I look over to Zord. "Why? Why lure us all to the same place? The more it's drawn out, the more the Capitol likes it. So why now?" Shado chuckles. We all look at him. My hand drops to the knife at my belt. I could kill him right here and now. Lucas yawns and replies, "What's so funny, wartface?" Shado looks at him like he's contemplating slitting his throat.

"Do you really think the Capitol would do this?" Shado asks. Reyna and Zord take a step back. "What are you implying?" asks Mizu. Shado pulls out his sword. "The Capitol no longer controls us." Before any of us can react, he charges at Zord. I pull the knife out of my bag and then barely manage to block his stroke. Zord unsheathes his sword and swings at Shado's neck.

Shado blocks it, and before either of us can react, Rogue jabs Zord in the chest. "No!" I yell, and run towards him. Rogue sheathes his sword, and runs after Lucas, who is trying to run away. Mizu and Reyna are fighting, and Terren and Alia are fighting Shado. Zord isn't dead yet. I knell over him, and he gasps, "What did he mean?" Then, he falls over. The cannon confirms what I already know.

Dead. My hand grips around my blade, and I unsheathe it. Another cannon sounds, and I see Shado's blade sticking out of Alia. She falls over dead. Shado looks at me. "I have to win," he says. I grab my knife. "Do you? To prove the Capitol doesn't control us?" He chuckles. "Partly." He charges at me, and knocks the knife out of my hands.

I have no sword. I am defenseless, and helpless against Shado. He raises his sword up, and is about to bring it down when Mizu blocks the strike. He jabs at her, she sidesteps and spins her unusual blade at him. He blocks and counterattacks. It's like a game of chess, really. It can't go on.

Terren charges me with a dagger. I barely dodge, and I hear his knife scrape against the mountainside. He looks at me with those dark eyes, and smiles. I run, and hear a cannon. A knife is sticking out of Lucas. He falls over, dead too. What did Shado mean? Is he saying that the Capitol isn't in control of the Games anymore?

I look over to see the fight between Mizu and Shado is still going on. Shado kicks her to the ground, and stabs her in the chest. Another cannon sounds. The Career is gone. He must have not stuck around. Perhaps it would have been wise not to. I see Reyna running away from Rogue. Then, Terren flicks a knife at Rogue that hits him in the shoulder. Rogue yells in pain and pulls it out. Terren runs.

Shado and Rogue look over in my direction. They walk toward me, stepping over dead bodies along the way. Shado lifts up the sword. I run for my life. They don't follow. I run through the woods until I feel safe. There's only a few of us left. I look up at the sky. The anthem should have been playing by now. I wait, all night. There is no anthem. It slowly dawns on me that Shado was right.

The Capitol is no longer in control.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Day 6

Coriolanus Snow
President of Panem

Something's gone wrong. The darkness covering the Arena was not approved by me. The lizard muttations I have seen before, but I don't recall anyone requesting to put them in the Games. Either the Gamemakers are acting without my consent, or something's....happening.

I turn to my bodyguard, Hail. "Hail, go down to the Gamemakers and ask them what's going on." He nods without saying anything, and walks off. Good man. Never questions orders, completely obedient. If only the rest of Panem were the same. I sit back in my chair, watching the events unfold in the Games. They're gathered. People are dying.

Then, the boy named Shado says something which completely throws me off guard. "The Capitol is no longer in control." What? We're always in control. Everything always occurs according to our design. Hail comes back. "The Gamemakers are not responding, and they have locked the door to the Design Room. Should we pursue?" I stand from my chair. Either the Gamemakers are disobedient or there's something else going on. Either way, there will be blood.

"Assemble a squad of Peacekeepers," I tell him. "And tell them to bring explosives." He nods, and goes off. I cannot believe how compliant he is compared to the rest. I hope I can keep him. Of course, if Shatterpoint is involved.....I bite my tongue, and I immediately regret it. Still sore from the poisons I had to use to gain office. The previous President was a fool, submissive to the desires of his inferiors. Which is why he had to be eliminated.

Hail returns with the Peacekeepers. "Follow me," I say. Hail looks at me uncertainly. "Sir, there may be hostile involvement with the Gamemakers. It could be dangerous, and you shouldn't get involved. Leave it to me." I smile. "Hail, Hail, Hail.....I wish to make sure they know that they have attracted my attention. I will go. Now follow me."

Hail lowers his eyes and mumbles, "Yes sir." I lead the Peacekeepers through the halls. We reach the Design Room, firmly locked. A Peacekeeper straps a device onto the door, and motions for us to step back. The door explodes, and we go in, guns raised. There's no one there. We look around, seeing no one. Then, Hail points to the floor.

The Gamemakers have been massacred. Now that we look at the floor, we see that they were all gunned down. There's a twitch in my eye. For once in my life, I don't know what to say. I advance to the computer. There's a file that wasn't there before. I pull it up onto the screen. I take a few steps back.

Your turn now, Snow. All of the Gamemakers have been killed. I warned you. We take no prisoners, and we will not stop until the tyranny of Panem has ended. There are two missing from the body count. One is with us, another is our captive. Either you hide like the cowards you are, or you come after us and let all of Panem know that there is a revolution.

Your choice.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Rogue Emerald
District 3

It's almost over. There are six tributes left, and they're easy cake. Maybe a few more days at the most. Me and Shado are in a cave in the side of the mountain. I don't know why I'm with him. I look over at him, sitting against the wall, staring at the fire. Something's wrong. I feel like we missed something, or something missed us.

It slowly dawns on me. "Shado, why didn't the anthem play last night?" He looks at me strangely. "What do you mean?" I grip my swords. "Shado, the anthem didn't play last night. Do you think I'm deaf? I heard you tell everyone the Capital is no longer in control. So what is going on?"

He looks down. "They're dead now, then." My heart seems to be beating faster now. "Who's dead?" I ask, although I might know the answer. He gets up, and puts his hands on my shoulders. "Rogue, you have to promise me something. If I don't win, you have to kill Snow. You have to." I step back. "What do you mean? How and why? What aren't you telling me?"

He walks away from me, falls down on the ground and sobs. I'm freaked out now. Is he that unstable? He turns and looks at me, eyes red. "They used me. They used me more than the Capital. But Shatterpoint's intent is good. The Capital will fall." What? I move toward him. "Can the Capital hear us?" I ask. He chuckles grimly. "No."

I sit down. "Tell me everything," I say. He sits back and calms himself. "They took me when I was young. They saw my potential, and exploited it. Rogue, they're from District 13. Remember the District 2 bombing? That was them. They trained me, but kept me in District 6. I only got to meet their leader once. Solomon Coin."

"So, did you volunteer?" I ask. He snorts. "Duh. I was instructed to kill the Careers, win the Games, and kill Snow. They would take care of the Gamemakers themselves." I don't know what to say. Then, static rushes through the air. Then, a voice speaks from the skies. Not Claudius Templesmith.

"Good morning, tributes. I hope those of you who are remaining are having fun. I must say, these Games have been quite entertaining. But to call them 'games' is stupid. Tributes, you don't have to die. I will be providing a hovercraft for those of you who are remaining. Be prepared at noon tomorrow at the Cornucopia. Be warned as well. The Capital managed to send many muttations into the Arena. So don't die on me, would you?"

I look at Shado. He nods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom