• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Trident

The Trident was Ganon's signature weapon in aLttP (and while not actually depicted in LoZ/THF, it was in the art for the game.) The question is, however, what is it, and when was it made? We have an idea where it was made and we have an idea of who made it, but the problem is, when? People often differentiate The Tridents from The Oracles and ALBW from the one featured in Four Swords Adventures, but what if they're the same? The Zuna tribe clearly created it The Pyramid, but if the theories invoking the subject of The Zuna being relatives of the Interlopers, it's quite possible that The Interlopers created it as Dark Magic like the Fused Shadow, and it was eventually forgotten in time in the desert. This could also explain The Trident's appearance in the other timelines (if you believe they're the same, of course.) The Trident was made prior to OoT (and possibly before FS/MC, debating on where you think The Interloper War takes places) by The Interlopers to help obtain access to The Sacred Realm. After their imprisonment, members of the Gerudo eventually took the Trident and built a pyramid around it, and the Gerudo who did this eventually evolved into the Zuna tribe. In this way, it would be able to appear in the Child and Downfall timelines. However, this is all based on the idea that they're still the same Tridents all throughout the series, even though the designs severely change with each game. Thoughts?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Correct me i am wrong but didn't the Oracle games happen on the downfall timeline and FSA happen on the Child Timeline? I truly do not know where the trident originated in the downfall timeline but i like that Zuna theory, but they also strike me as the remnants of the gerudo's and in a way the guardians of the Pyramid, i think that maybe the trident in FSA held some of the G-beasts power and when it was returned to him he become stronger. As for the Down fall timeline, i think that maybe the trident was one of the two pitchfork like weapons he wielded in OOT but one was destroyed by the master sword the one that was left was augmented into it's trident form.

That's a theory I've read about before, but it just wasn't enough for me; if he had dual wielded two tridents like a badass, well that's a different story :P. Also, what I meant was that since the Trident was created by The Interlopers prior to the Interloper War, the Trident was also split during the timeline, so I'm one timeline it's resting on the ocean floor, and in the other two it had been in Ganon's control. Also, important for me to add, while it really undermines the possibility of this theory since it suggests different Tridents, the Trident in FSA really looks similar to Demise' variant of the Master Sword, so it's possible they Ghirahim is actually the Trident.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
That's a theory I've read about before; also, what I meant was that since the Trident was created by The Interlopers prior to the Interloper War, the Trident was also split during the timeline, so I'm one timeline it's resting on the ocean floor, and in the other two it had been in Ganon's control. Also, important for me to add, while it really undermines the possibility of this theory since it suggests different Tridents, the Trident in FSA really looks similar to Demise' variant of the Master Sword, so it's possible they Ghirahim is actually the Trident.

I dunno about the trident being made by the Interlopers nor Ghirahim being the trident i always thought he'd been destroyed?

He just kind of faded away after defeating Demise; it's unknown what happened to him. Fi is just dormant in the MS, so it's possible that Ghirahim is dormant in the Trident. Also, the Interlopers making the Trident is still entirely speculation, there's still the likelihood it was just made by the Gerudo for their leader, or some other dark tribe.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think the Trident must have been made by Ganondorf at some stage. Similar to a horcrux it would house a part of him which would remain within the trident even if he was defeated. Whoever uses the trident shall have the power to ruin the world and that power is Ganon's power.

Ganondorf is aware of the cycle and that he will be reborn. In the Japanese ending for Twilight Princess which was cut, he states his work will be continued by those who share his bloodline. He knew his reincarnation would seek the power of the trident out and was therefore able to continue his work once the trident had been reclaimed by his next reincarnation.

I imagine the new Ganondorf would then be aware of his past life.

I think the Trident must have been made by Ganondorf at some stage. Similar to a horcrux it would house a part of him which would remain within the trident even if he was defeated. Whoever uses the trident shall have the power to ruin the world and that power is Ganon's power.

Ganondorf is aware of the cycle and that he will be reborn. In the Japanese ending for Twilight Princess which was cut, he states his work will be continued by those who share his bloodline. He knew his reincarnation would seek the power of the trident out and was therefore able to continue his work once the trident had been reclaimed by his next reincarnation.

I imagine the new Ganondorf would then be aware of his past life.
It actually still sort of fits with my theory, minus it being made by a The Interlopers; it also fits in with it stating whoever wields it is a "King of Darkness," and Zelda calling him an ancient demon reborn.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It actually still sort of fits with my theory, minus it being made by a The Interlopers; it also fits in with it stating whoever wields it is a "King of Darkness," and Zelda calling him an ancient demon reborn.

I wouldn't say it was made by the interlopers. The reason being that Ganondorf considered their magic petty and states so in Hyrule Castle in TP. He is vastly more powerful than them as he manages to defeat midna very rapidly when she wields their greatest creation. The fused shadow.

It only makes sense for the trident to be of his own creation of all the characters we have seen in the series so far.

Diamondarrow67

Hero of Time
Uh obviously he carries a trident for when he gets killed. Link and Zelda then roast him into Bacon and cook King Sofa(Zora)

LOL

I think Ghirahim is the essence of the trident just like Fi is the essence of the Master Sword so maybe they both are somehow related as the MS can defeat Ganon, while he has the Trident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom