• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art The Sage's Orbs: By Raindrop14

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Glad my character's introduced. :)
Great story so far, my only complaint is this in dialouge scences, you don't state the person who's talking's name enough times, witch making it kinda confusing to follow who's saying what.
Other than that, great job!

I thought that too. But then I thought that it would be fine and that I should leave it.:lol:

I'll try not to do that next chapter.;)

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Here's the next chapter.;)

Chapter four: The Death orb

Kirana, Tekara and Justin rode east along the road. It was night when they stopped and made camp. Kirana set out to get wood for the fire, Justin laid out the mats and Tekara tied up the horses. When Kirana got back they started the fire and made their stew. When they had finished eating they all crawled onto their mats and pulled a blanket over themselves.

“Justin.” Kirana said.

“Yes?” Justin replied.

“Have you ever lost anyone from the Rain?”

When Kirana mentioned the Rain Tekara shuddered. He was silent.

“Justin?”

“Yes.” He whispered very quietly but loud enough for Kirana to hear.

“What happened?”

“Nothing that you need to know.”

“Justin, we’ve all been hurt by the Rain, it’s okay to tell us, we’ll understand.” Kirana said sitting up.

“I don’t think it’s okay to pry into other people business.” He said turning the other way.

“Justin, I’m a curious girl so I like to know stuff. And, talking always makes people feel better.”

“Not when it brings back bad memories.”

“It helps even with bad memories, especially if the other people understand.”

“Who have you lost from the Rain?” He asked turning towards her.

“I lost my parents and possibly my brother.” Kirana said.

“I’ve lost all of my family, my parents.” Tekara said.

“Who did you lose?” Kirana asked.

“Everyone.”

“Everyone?” Tekara and Kirana said at the same time.

“Everyone. I was a guard at my old town. It was night and the Rain came. They had never been a problem before so when they were all gone we thought we had killed them. We were wrong. They had used the ones we killed as a distraction. The real ones snuck into the town and killed all the people in it. We couldn’t hear the screams because there were none. Everyone was asleep so they wouldn’t make any noise, and the Rain don’t make noises either. When morning came and our shift was over we went into the town to get the guards who would take over.

“We searched all over town but couldn’t find them. We also noticed that there was absolutely no one there. We decided that the Rain tricked us and killed them all. We went to the secret underground sanctuary and found a handful of people that had escaped. My sister and my mother were in there. So was some family of the other guards. We saw that the monks were taking care of them. We decided to go to the Capital and tell King Colin what happened. They packed their bags and we went for the exit. What we didn’t know though was that the Rain knew about our secret hide out. They waited at the exit to kill the rest of us. When one of the monks opened the door the Rain quickly killed him. They came in and we tried to fight them off. It was a small space so it was very hard. Only one man could fight them at a time. As soon as I noticed that we weren’t going to live I took the others and ran back to a bigger area of the cave.

“I and two others guarded the town’s people. When the others at the exit were killed the Rain came for us. There was much more space here so we fought well. We killed a lot of them when one of our comrades died. It was now two on ten. We fought and he died. It was me and three of them. The town’s people were a somewhat large group so I couldn’t defend all sides of it. The Rain decided to go on the sides and kill the people. I killed one of the Rain. The other two killed five people. I killed another Rain, the last one killed five more. There were only two people left, my mother and my sister. The last Rain was about to kill them when I killed it.

“We left the cave and went outside. We went for the exit of the town and came to it. We were glad that we had made it but sad that we were the only ones. We left the town and traveled along the road. When night came we stopped and made camp. We ate and slept. In the morning I woke up. I tried waking my mother but she wouldn’t wake. Then I tried my sister, she wouldn’t wake either. I looked around and there were signs of Rain. The Rain had come there in the night and killed them. I wondered why they didn’t kill me. I ran along the road hoping to see a cart or something. I ran and ran but no one rode along or anything. When night came I kept walking and I soon saw lights. I ran towards the lights and came upon a town. When I told them what had happened they said that they would lead a search party to investigate.

“All those people in that town died, all but me. I still don’t know why. I have lost everyone I was sworn to protect.”

Justin was silent and so were Tekara and Kirana. Kirana lay back down and closed her eyes. She knew that Justin wanted to cry but couldn’t due to embarrassment. So she cried for him.

In the morning they all woke up and ate. They packed their things onto the horses and rode along the road again. They rode for hours when they saw a large temple. The temple was rectangular shaped and was surrounded by grassy planes. It was made of red bricks and there was a door at the bottom in the center. They rode to the door and stopped. They dismounted and walked up to it. Kirana tried pushing it but it wouldn’t move.

“Here, let me try.” Justin said.

Justin walked over to the door and put his hand on it. The door opened and inside was darkness. They walked in. Kirana had remembered her lantern and pulled it out. She lit it with a match and they saw the walls. They were in a thin hallway. They kept walking through it for a long time when they came across a large room. The room was about one hundred yards wide and one hundred yards long. It was lit by torches all around. In the center of the room there was a pedestal. It was small and on it was a black orb looking thing. Kirana started walking towards it when Justin stopped her.

“What is it?” Kirana asked.

“I don’t know.” Justin replied looking around.

“Well if you don’t know then why don’t we go?” Tekara said taking off.

Justin grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

“There are most likely traps here. It’s not that easy to just take to orb and leave.”

“Oh, I guess you’re right.”

“I can take care of myself.” Kirana said.

“Alright, you’ll go first then.”

Kirana walked towards the pedestal and when she was within grasping range she stopped. She reached her hand out and grabbed it. She picked it up and turned around.

“See, nothing happened.” She said smiling.

She saw Tekara there at the entrance but not Justin.

“Where’s Justin? Justin!”

“I don’t know.” Tekara said.

Just then Kirana was hit on the back of the head. She fell to the floor and dropped the orb. Tekara ran over to her when she saw the one who had knocked her out. It was Justin. Justin picked the orb back up and put it back on the pedestal.

“What’s gotten into you?” Tekara said.

“What? What are you talking about?” Justin asked.

“You knocked out Kirana!”

“Oh, I did?”

“Yes!”

“Oh, I’m sorry. Well, let’s go.”

“Wait, we still have to get the orb.”

Tekara got up and walked over to it.

“No! You can’t have it!”

Justin stepped in the way and Tekara went around him.

“Why not?”

“Because it’s not yours!”

He jumped onto Tekara and she fell to the ground. He got up and went over to the pedestal.

“What are you talking about?” She asked.

Tekara got up and went for the orb again. This time Justin pulled out his duel daggers. Tekara saw that and ran around him. He cut her arm with one of the swords but she quickly used her magic to heal it. She grabbed the orb and went over to Kirana.

“Kirana wake up! Justin’s gone mad!”

Kirana got up slowly, moaning. Justin ran over and tried to cut off her head when Tekara kicked him back. Kirana was all the way up when Tekara grabbed her arm and ran towards the exit. Justin was chasing them and he was much faster. He ran in front of them and they stopped. Kirana ran around him and Tekara tossed the orb to her, over Justin’s head. He saw that and ran towards Kirana. She tossed it back to Tekara and she ran towards the exit. Tekara ran around Justin as he was confused and they made it to the hallway. They ran through as fast as they could. They could hear Justin catching up quickly. When they made it out they ran to the horses. They mounted them and rode away.

Kirana looked back and saw Justin riding towards them.

“He’s coming! Ride faster!” Kirana yelled to Tekara.

They rode faster but Justin had the faster horse out of the three. He caught up fast and jumped onto Kirana’s horse. He pulled her off and they landed on the side of the road. Tekara stopped and went back. She ran over and kicked Justin off of Kirana. Kirana got up quickly and they started running.

“Wait!” Justin said.

They stopped suddenly and waited for Justin. When he reached them he was panting.

“Why are you running from me?” He asked.

“You were attacking us!” Tekara said.

“No I wasn’t.”

“Yes you were. You knocked out Kirana and you cut me with your daggers.”

“I don’t see any cut.”

“I healed it with magic.” Tekara said.

He saw the orb in her hands.

“The orb? You have the orb!”

“Yes, I do!”

She pulled it away from him as he tried grabbing it.

“Why are you acting like this?” Kirana asked.

“Like what?”

“Like a crazy mad man!”

“What are you talking about? Listen, we should focus on more important things, like getting the orb from the temple.”

“We already have it.” Kirana said.

“We do? How could that happen?” He asked.

“What are you saying?”

“No! It’s not true! We can’t have the orb! Give it to me! I have to have it!”

“Get away!” Tekara said as he reached for it.

She jumped to a different spot and he fell to the floor. She and Kirana went to the horses and mounted them. They looked back and saw Justin looking around wildly.

“Well, there’s no point in taking him along if he’s just going to try to kill us.” Kirana said.

They rode off along the path and didn’t stop for fear of Justin catching up and killing them.

We’ll just have to find the Sage’s temple ourselves. Kirana thought.

They rode for a long time only stopping to rest for a short time and eat. They rode for two days and finally found a dead end. They stopped there and dismounted.

“Now what? Crazy man will catch up to us some day and we don’t have a clue as to where were going.” Tekara said.

“Well, I guess we’ll just rest here and figure it out in the morning. We can’t go on like this for much longer because we need our sleep and soon we’d have killed the
horses.”

So they set up camp and ate. Night came and they lay down. Tekara held the orb safely in her hands. Then she sat up.

“Kirana, what if he comes in the middle of the night and takes it?”

“I guess we should stand guard. I’ll take the first shift.”

Tekara handed her the orb and fell asleep. Kirana sat up and looked at the fire all night. Her eyelids began to get heavy and she tried to stay awake. She saw a dark figure walking towards the camp when she finally gave up and fell asleep.
I hope you liked it.;)

Keyari

翼のエルフ
I did like it. In fact, I loved it, it was very interesting. I believe that according to the Title, they've found the death orb which is what is causing Justin to go mad. :cooky: And no! You left us with a cliffhanger, how mean! Just kidding. Great job again!
~Ki

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Here's the next chapter!;)

Chapter five: The Sage of Fire

Kirana awoke in a dark room. She tried to move but found that she was tied up. She wiggled around until she felt something. She wiggled a little more and found that it was a person. Surprised she tried wiggling away but in her panic she couldn’t move. She tried looking hard into the dark to see if she could find out who it was. The person gave a groan and Kirana rolled away.

“What happened? Oh I have this awful headache.” Said a girl’s voice.

Kirana lay there silently waiting to see if girl would freak out or something.

“Oh, I’m tied up. How did that happen? Well, I guess I’d better find out a way to get untied.”

I think I’ll act unconscious so that if she bumps into me she won’t freak out or ask a lot of questions right away. Kirana thought.

Kirana could hear the girl rolling around. Suddenly she bumped into Kirana.

“What is that?”

She rolled again to Kirana and Kirana could feel her feet pushing on her.

“Could be another person who’s unconscious.”

She rolled around a little more.

“Or maybe it’s a dead person!”

Kirana could hear the girl still rolling around. She decided to let out a little groan to let the girl know that she’s not dead.

“Oh! So they aren’t dead! Well then, that gives me something to look forward to. Maybe.”

The girl rolled around some more.

I’m beginning to think that acting unconscious was a stupid idea. Kirana thought.

Kirana gave another groan.

“Where am I? What happened?” Kirana said.

She moved again as she did earlier.

“Why can’t I move? Why am I tied up?”

Hope this works. Kirana thought.

“Hello.” The girl said.

“What? Who are you?” Kirana asked.

Now I get to ask the questions. She thought smiling.

“That has nothing to do with trying to get out of here.”

Smart answer.

“Do you know a way out?” Kirana asked.

“No. Why would I know a way out?”

“I don’t know.”

“Listen, I think that when they open the door and throw another person in we look for the opening then.” The girl said.

“Unless were blindfolded.” Kirana said.

“I don’t feel anything on my face so I don’t think we are. The only way to get out of here is to have patience.”

“For entertainment why don’t we get to know each other?” Kirana asked.

“Fine, why not. What’s your name?” The girl asked.

Very clever!

“Kirana. And you?”

“How old are you?”

“I asked you your name you know.” Kirana said.

“Oh, well that’s not important. How old are you?” The girl asked.

“I won’t tell.”

“Judging by the way you act I’d say sixteen.”

“Hey!”

“Oh, so it’s correct.” The girl said.

“How old are you?” Kirana asked.

“Where do you come from?”

“You’ll never be able to guess this one.” Kirana said smiling.

“I’m guessing Kitan?”

She’s good!

“Not going to say.”

“So I’m right. Hmm, why are you here?”

“You think I know that?” Kirana asked.

“No, I guess not. Well, that’s all the questions I have for you.” The girl said.

Alright my turn.

“Your name is Ashie, you are nineteen years old, you live in Colleen, you’re a girl-”

“Well that’s obvious. How do you know all these things?”

“I’m not done yet. And you are the sage of fire. Now I’m done.”

“How did you know all that?”

“I actually just guessed it all from the top of my head. I used a trick to get you to ask me how I knew all that like you did to me. Now I know who you are.”

“You can’t just come up with sage of fire at the top of your head!”

Just then they heard a door open. Kirana could see some light but found that she was blindfolded so she could only see light through the blindfold. When the door shut again she heard Ashie move around.

“What are you doing?” Kirana asked.

“Seeing if they threw in another person.”

Kirana helped feel around too but they soon discovered that it was just the two of them. They also discovered that there was absolutely nothing else but them in the room and that it was a very small room.

“Say, I just remembered, there was someone with me. She isn’t here!” Kirana said.

“Who is she?”

“Her name is Tekara Ki. She was running away with me from a crazy guy. We fell asleep and I woke up here.”

“Well, can’t help you there. Though her name does ring a bell. Why is that?” Ashie asked.

“Same thing with me and her. We have been trying to find Keeta, someone who might help us find out.” Kirana replied.

“Wait! Here they come again!”

The door opened again and Kirana heard something being tossed in. Something that sounded like a person. She then heard something being dragged out. The door shut again and it was dark.

“What was tossed in here?” Kirana asked.

Ashie was silent. Either they knocked her out or she wasn’t in here.

“Hey Ashie, are you there?”

No reply.

Guess they took her out. I hope she’s okay.

The thing that was tossed in started to move. Kirana could hear a groan come out of it.

Well, I hope it’s friendly.

She could hear it moving around.

“What happened?”

Wow, do we all say the same thing?

“Where am I?” It sounded like a girl’s voice.

“Hello.” Kirana said.

“Ah!”

“No worries, I’m a friend. So what’s your name?”

“Tekara. And you?”

“Tekara? Hey it’s me Kirana! How did you end up here?”

“Kirana? Hey! I don’t know actually. I was asleep and woke up here. I also have the worst headache in the world.”

Kirana let out a giggle.

“I guess they hit us on the head to prevent us from waking up.” Kirana said.

“They who?” Tekara asked.

“How should I know?”

She let out a sigh.

“I guess it’s the same thing. No way out and sooner or later one of us will be dragged out to let another one in.” Kirana said.

“What do you mean?”

“Just before you were tossed in someone was dragged out. Her name is Ashie. She and I got acquainted and then poof! She’s gone!”

“Well I hope it’s me who gets taken out.” Tekara said.

“Why?”

“Because what if some wired person gets tossed in and I’m left all alone with them.”

“And what if when you get out there they murder you?” Kirana asked.

“Well it’s better to know who killed you than to die alone in the dark.”

“I guess so.”

Just then the door opened. Something metal was tossed into the room.

“Whose there?” Tekara asked.

She must be blindfolded too.

“Hey, I’m asking you something!”

The door shut again and it was now dark.

“Hey!” Tekara yelled at the top of her lungs.

“They won’t bother you know.”

“Ah, those stupid people! Who do they think they are?”

“I-” Kirana gave out a little cough. “I don’t kn-”

She started coughing again. She was coughing a lot. She started choking and tried to say something. She could hear Tekara coughing too.

“Te-”

She couldn’t stop coughing. She blacked out then. The last thing she heard was Tekara trying to say something.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I hope you liked it.:D

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Liked it again, well written again Raindrop. I think i found maybe one error, but it wasn't anything very serious. Good job, this story is coming along well! ^^

Keep it up!
~Ki

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Heres the next chapter.^^

Chapter six: The Ballroom

Kirana awoke in a bright room. She looked around and saw that it was a large ballroom. There were tables and chairs all around and the tables had golden clothes on them. There were candles and torches all along the walls and some chandeliers on the roof. To her right she could see a door and all the walls were white to make the room brighter. She tried moving to the door but found that she was tied up in a chair. She wobbled around on the chair and finally fell over. She then realized that she was wearing a dress. It was a yellow one, a very elegant dress that had long sleeves dropping down at the end. She was also wearing fine yellow shoes.

What have they done to me! She thought.

She tried getting back up but couldn’t. She looked around some more to see if there was anyone else in the room.

Yeah, I’m on the floor all I’ll see is the floor.

She lay there and waited if anyone would make a noise. After a long time she realized that no one would make a noise out of the blue, especially after they heard her fall. She decided that she had to make the noise.

“Hello? Is there anyone else here?” She called out.

She heard no reply.

“Well that was pointless.” She said out loud.

“Hey, is that you Kirana?” She heard a voice from another part of the room.

“Tekara?”

“No, Ashie. What are you doing here?”

“Ashie! I have no idea!”

“Say where are you?”

“I fell over on the ground. I don’t know. Didn’t you hear me fall?” Kirana asked.

“No, I fell earlier and was knocked out by the fall. I’m surprised you made it.” Ashie replied.

“I didn’t feel any pain there and I still don’t so I guess I didn’t hit my head when I fell.”

“Do you know why we’re here?”

“My guess is as good as yours.”

“Hmm, maybe we were brought her to die or maybe forced marriage! Yuck.”

Kirana let out a little giggle.

“Why would we be taken here to do either of those?” Kirana asked.

“Well were dressed in these things so maybe it’s for marriage. Death is because they captured us.”

“Hey, I wonder if Tekara is here.” Kirana said.

“You worrying about Tekara? I saw her earlier when I was sitting up. She’s still out. Or at least I think it’s her.”

“Oh! I have to get up!”

She moved around some more but to no avail.

My dagger! Maybe I still have it!

She looked around to see if they had her stuff anywhere. She could only see the floor and bottoms of the tables and chairs. She looked around her body for it but couldn’t find it.

“Say, do you have any weapons? Something we could maybe use to cut the ropes?” Kirana asked hopefully.

“No. But wait! I can use fire magic! Maybe I could burn the rope!” Ashie said exited.

Kirana could hear Ashie using her fire. Soon she stopped.

“I got it! Here let me get my legs and I’ll come for you.”

Soon she came over and burned the rope on Kirana. Kirana got up and wobbled a little because she wasn’t use to the shoes. She took off her shoes and threw them
across the room.

Take that shoes.

She saw that Ashie had gone over to Tekara and freed her as well. She went over to Tekara and looked at her. She was still out and sitting in the chair. She saw that she was wearing the same design dress as her but the color white. She also noticed that her hair was no longer in French braids. It was hanging down and had been curled a little. There was also a large braid going around her head like a crown.

She then looked at Ashie. She could finally see what she looked like. She saw that she was wearing the same dress but red. She had kind of long red hair to just below the shoulder blades. She had hazel eyes and her hair was in the same design as Tekara. Ashie was kind of tall, thin, had kind of tan skin and her ears were sort of pointed.

“Wow Ashie, you look beautiful! I’ve never seen you before though so I guess it doesn’t mean anything to you, but you really do.” Kirana said smiling.

“Thanks. And you don’t look bad yourself.”

Kirana looked around for a mirror but found none.

“Guess I’ll have to trust your judgment.” Kirana said laughing a little.

They both started laughing when they heard Tekara waking up. They looked over to her and she looked up at them.

“Hey, who are you?” She asked.

“I guess you wouldn’t recognize me if I’m dressed like this. It’s me Kirana.” Kirana said.

“Kirana? Who is she?” She asked pointing to Ashie.

“That’s Ashie the girl I was in the room with before you.”

“Oh. Hey, where are we?”

“We don’t know.” Ashie replied.

“Why am I dressed like this?” Tekara said more awake looking at herself.

“We don’t know.” Ashie replied giggling.

“And what did they do to my hair!”

“I think it looks nice on you.” Kirana said giggling a little.

“Yeah, weren’t you mad when they ruined your poor braid?”

“No, I didn’t actually notice.”

“Well they ruined it for me! Oh now I have to do it all over again.”

She reached for her hair when the door swung open. Kirana and Ashie dived to the floor pulling Tekara with them. They hid behind a table hoping that they wouldn’t notice they were untied. They heard people walking over to an area.

“Now you know what to do.” One of the people said.

“Right.” Two of them said at the same time.

They heard two men walking around the room. Ashie motioned they hide under the tables and try not to make noise. Tekara went under the table they were hiding behind and Ashie quickly crawled over to a table near to the left. Kirana checked to see if it was safe to go to the one to the right. She saw that they were still on the other side of the room. She crawled over to the table on the right and went underneath it.

“Hey boss, they aren’t here!” One of the men said.

“Oh their here. Check under the tables.”

Oh no! They’ll find us!

Kirana could hear the men checking under each table, getting closer to where she was.

Think think! I know! When they come to check the one I’m in, I quickly crawl under a table they had already checked! That way they’ll never fine me! But what about Tekara and Ashie? I can’t talk to them and I can’t signal them because they won’t know what I’m trying to say. I’m sure their smart enough to think that up themselves though.

She could hear the men getting closer. When she thought the time was right she darted out and went under another a table that she thought they had already checked.

I hope they didn’t see me.

She could hear the men still checking under the tables. After a while she heard them go to the door.

“They aren’t under the tables boss.”

Good, Ashie and Tekara thought of something.

“Well then, you’ll just have to bait them.”

“How boss?”

“Simple, I have someone who will make great bait for one of them. Let’s go.”

They heard the three men walk out and the shut the door. Kirana ran out from under the table and went to the door. She looked around for a lock on it but there was none. She tried pulling on the door but it was already locked.

“Quick, we have to barricade the door!” Kirana said grabbing a table.

“Wait! Stop! If we barricade the door then they’ll know that we are up and untied! Of course they already knew that, but we still have to make it look like were not
here.” Ashie said getting out.

“I guess you’re right.” Kirana said letting go of the table.

Tekara came out and sat at the table they were standing at. Ashie and Kirana sat at the table with her.

“So what now?” Tekara asked.

“I don’t know.” Kirana said.

“Say, who do you think they have for the bait?” Ashie asked.

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s someone we don’t even know.” Tekara said.

“Maybe.” Kirana said.

“What’s the plan for when they come back?”

“Well, if they do have someone we know we can’t get up and ruin everything even if they threaten to kill. We have to stay hidden.”

“Alright, we have to make sure to resist any temptations.” Ashie said.

“Well I have no family so they wouldn’t have them. I also have only one friend, besides you guys and they can’t use you, and he lives in the water so it’d be impossible to get him. I guess that means I’m covered.” Tekara said.

“Well, I’ve got no family except my brother and no friends except you guys, and how could the use you if you’re here, so I guess that means I’m covered. My brother is a very strong person so he can definitely take care of himself and not get captured.” Kirana said.

“Well I never knew my family so I wouldn’t recognize them if they had them. So I guess that means I’m covered.” Ashie said.

“Well then, we don’t have to worry. But they said they had good bait, who could it be?” Kirana aked.

“Well we can’t worry about that now, we have to hide and be ready. Grab a torch and make sure to use it if they find you. Hide behind a table so that you don’t burn the tables and get noticed.” Ashie said.

Kirana and Tekara grabbed torches. Ashie went over to a table and hid behind it.

“Why don’t you have a torch?” Tekara asked Ashie.

“She has fire magic, that’s how we got untied.” Kirana said.

“Oh. How?”

“She’s the sage of fire.”

Kirana went over to a table and hid behind it. Tekara stood there for a moment taking it in. Then she snapped back to herself and went behind a table. They waited until the men would come. After some time they got bored.

“When are they coming?” Tekara asked.

Just then the door swung open. They heard four people walk in and shut the door.

“Now girls, it is time you know who we have.” The boss said.

They heard some cloth being removed from something. Then they heard a knife being pulled out of a sheath. Kirana was afraid that they might kill the person.

“Now, I’ll give you three chances and only three. If you do not come out on the third I kill this person.”

They sat there quietly.

“One.”

They heard the man stab someone and the person made a noise of pain. It sounded like a man or older boy.

“Two.”

They heard it again. Kirana was getting restless and she wanted to get up so that they wouldn’t die.

“Three.”

They heard the noise again. Kirana started standing up.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope you liked it.^^

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Here's the next chapter.;)

Chapter Seven: The Bait

Kirana was about to stand fully up when the person called out, “Kirana, if you’re here, don’t stand up!”

Kirana stood frozen. She recognized that voice.

Allen!

“Kirana, they won’t kill me! Stay where you are if you’re here!”

“Shut up boy!”

She heard the man kick him.

She sat back down quietly and waited.

“Go get them!” The man said.

The two men walked around the room looking for them. When she heard one of them near her she jumped up and pushed the torch into him. He fell to the floor burning. She saw him rolling around trying to put out the fire but was unsuccessful. Tekara burned the other one and Ashie put out the fire. The two men were dead and they all looked at the one man by the door.

“Don’t move or I kill this boy!” The man said.

“He won’t do it Kirana!” Allen said.

“Shut up! How do you know I won’t?”

The man bent down and put the knife to Allen’s neck.

“Do you want to try me?” He asked smiling.

Kirana made a hand motion to go while the man is distracted. The three of them moved quietly forward.

“Yes!”

The man sat there frozen with wide eyes. He quickly recovered himself and looked angrily at Allen.

“Alright, if you wish so much to die than so be it. By the way, this is your sister’s dagger so I’m sure she’ll not want it back once it’s killed you.”

The man raised the dagger over Allen. He was about to stab him when Kirana came at his side and pushed him out of the way. She was on top of the man and he tried stabbing her. She grabbed his arm and he let go of the dagger. He pushed her off with his legs and dived for the dagger but Tekara had already grabbed it.

“Now you leave us alone and let us go!” Tekara said pointing the dagger at him.

He stood up and looked around at them. He smiled and quickly went over to Kirana. He held her arms and made it so that she couldn’t get away. He pulled out a dagger at his side and held it to her neck. He was too fast for them to take action until he had Kirana.

“I’m sorry but all I wanted was Kirana, not any of you since the Rain can have you. I’ll just be going now and you can find a way out before the Rain comes, maybe. Anyway, goodbye and good luck.”

He ran out of the room and Ashie ran after him. When she left the room there was no sign of him anywhere. She went back into the room and saw Tekara healing Allen.

“Thank you.” Allen said to Tekara.

“No problem. But now we have to get Kirana.” Tekara replied.

Allen got up and left the room. Outside the room was a hallway leading either direction. The walls were kind of purple and the floors were somewhat green. Allen looked to the right and saw the hallway stretch on and the same to the left. He came back in the room.

“Well, we either go left or right. I don’t know which way leads where so we have to guess.” Allen said.

“Well I always like going right so I choose right.” Tekara said.

“I’m fine with that.” Ashie said.

“Alright, we go right. Be prepared though, I think he’s got some Rain here.” Allen said.

They left the room and headed down the hallway to the right.

“Any of you got weapons?” Allen asked.

“No. You?” Ashie asked.

“No. I guess we’ll just have to hope that magic will be as good as or better than weapons against Rain.”

They walked on and didn’t stop till they came to a door. Allen tried opening the door but it was locked.

“Well, it’s locked, now what?” Allen asked turning around.

“Well maybe Ashie can burn the door down.” Tekara said.

“I’ll try.” Ashie said.

She went to the door and looked at it. A few moments later fire was shooting out of her hands. She stopped and the door was still untouched.

“Well so much for that.” Ashie said.

Just then they heard a noise. They turned around and saw five dark figures moving towards them.

“Rain!” Tekara yelled.

Ashie quickly shot fire at each one of them but it barely hurt them. Allen used his wind magic and they were blown away. Ashie then used a large amount of fire and filled the whole hallway with fire except where they were standing. After a while she stopped and they waited. No Rain came.

“Well, that was easy.” Ashie said.

Allen walked in the direction the Rain were and looked around for them. Tekara and Ashie came with him. As they walked Ashie stumbled on something. She stopped, looked down and saw an item. She bent down and picked it up. It was a key!

“Hey guys, I found a key! One of the Rain must have had it!” Ashie said.

“Great! Let’s go open that door!” Tekara said.

They went back to the door and Ashie put the key in the hole. She turned the key and they heard an unlocking sound. Ashie opened the door and they went through. They were outside of the building and Tekara noticed that they were at the same place where they fell asleep.

“Here, we’re at the spot we slept!” Tekara said.

“But where’s Kirana?” Ashie asked.

“I don’t know.”

“Tekara, did Kirana have anything that they might want?” Allen asked.

“I don’t know. Oh wait! We had the Orb of Death!”

“They might want that to kill the Sage of Death.”

“Umm, actually, they already did.” Tekara said.

“What! This is horrible! How long has she been dead?” Allen asked frantically.

“I have no idea.”

“Well we have no time to waist. We have to find that orb!”

“Where would it be?” Ashie asked.

“They must have it. We have to go find them.”

“Where should we look though?”

“I don’t know. We could ask around the nearest town.” Allen said.

They set off eastward. They traveled along the road, Allen and Tekara in the front and Ashie behind them. They kept walking for hours only taking small breaks for water and leg rest. After some time Allen noticed a small object in the distance. He had thought it was the town and was about to proclaim it when he noticed it was moving.

Towns don’t move. He thought.

He squinted his eyes trying to tell what it was. As they got closer he found that it was a person.

“Hey, do you guys see that?” Tekara asked.

“Yeah. What do you think it is?” Ashie asked.

“It’s a person. I don’t know who it is though.” Allen said.

“Maybe it’s Justin!” Tekara said with horror.

“Whose he?”

“He’s the crazy guy who tried to kill Kirana and me.”

“Hmm, maybe it is. Well the only way to find out is to say hi.”

“No wait-!” Tekara said pulling on his arm.

“Hey!” Allen yelled waving his arm to the person.

The figure stopped. It looked as though it had heard them but didn’t understand.

“Would you let go of me.” Allen said pushing Tekara’s hand off of him.

“But if it’s Justin then he might try to kill us!”

“Well if it is then we have protection. If not then maybe they can tell us which way the next town is in.”

“I guess your right. But-”

“Let’s just go up to them okay?”

“Okay.”

Tekara obediently followed Allen to the person. As they got closer it didn’t look like a person. It looked more like some evil creature who just happened to walk out of its living area.

“Hello. Would you mind telling us where the next town is and how close it is?” Allen asked when they were in hearing range.
It was turned sideways so it was hard to tell what it looked like. But from what she thought it looked at them with a cocked head. Its arms were just hanging and it was hunching a little. Tekara couldn’t tell it was looking at them even though she couldn’t see the eyes. As they got closer she could tell a little more about the figure. She saw that it was a man. He wasn’t actually as deformed as she saw him to be. He had Medium length white hair, light tan skin, and looked rather handsome. He was wearing a white shirt with a V neckline, a green tunic over that, white tight pants, brown boots, brown gloves and a belt. He had two swords strapped on his back and looked to be about six feet tall. He sort of smiled at them as they came closer.

“Hey. You didn’t answer my question.” Allen said.

“Oh. What? What are you talking about?” He asked.

“I guess you couldn’t hear. Well, do you know where the nearest town is and how far away?”

“Hmm, the nearest town is along this road that you follow and its a few more hours away by foot. Why?”

“We’re just looking for somewhere to stay. What are you doing out here?”

“Well, you know, looking for places to go. Well, have a nice day.”

He started walking off when Tekara said, “Wait! Have you seen some people carrying off a girl? She’s wearing a fancy yellow dress?”

“Why yes, I have. In fact, that’s where I was going. I was going to catch the perpetrators. I saw them walking by with her, she was knocked out by the way, and I asked where they were going. They said to take this sick girl to town and I asked if they wanted me to accompany them. They said no and that they could handle themselves. As they walked away I noticed they had her tied up. You don’t tie up a sick person I thought. Then I saw you three and I wondered if you were part of the same group. I was going to wait so I could interrogate you. Then when I saw you you didn’t look like bad people so I decided I’d wait and see what you wanted.”

“Hay, you could help us you know. You know which way they went and everything, sort of. But you would still help us a lot.”

“Alright, I don’t mind helping a maiden in distress.” He said smiling at Ashie and Tekara.

“Alright, let’s go to town and look for her them. She’ll be easy to spot since she’s wearing something that stands out a lot.”

Hope you liked it.^^

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Here's the next chapter.^^

Chapter eight: Kirana

The hours passed and they reached the town called Caetora. It was very small. Only two houses, an inn and a shop. Allen and the others walked to the inn. When they entered they saw the bar to the right against the wall with the bartender behind it, a stairway across the room and some chairs and tables scattered about the room. They went up to the bartender.

“What can I do for ya?” The bartender asked.

“We would like to have two rooms for two please.” Allen replied.

“I see. That’ll be fifty gold pieces please.”

Allen laid the gold on the table. The bartender handed them two room keys. They went upstairs and walked to the rooms they were assigned. Allen and the other guy went into one of the rooms and Ashie and Tekara went into the other. The rooms looked the same. They were rectangle shaped. Across the room was a window, to the right of the room in the middle on the wall was a fireplace, to the left of the room were two beds against the wall and in between them was a small nightstand.

Allen sat on the bed closest to the window and the guy sat on the other bed.

“Hey, you never told us your name.” Allen asked.

“Oh, it’s Rampone Celeste. And you?”

“Allen. Just Allen. The other two are Ashie and Tekara.”

“I see. Why are they wearing dresses by the way?”

“Oh, they were kidnapped too and were dressed in them for some reason.”

“Oh.”

They sat there silently. Rampone went over to the fireplace and started up a fire. He went back to his bed and sat down.

“I guess there’s nothing left to do.” Allen said.

“I guess so.” Rampone replied.

Allen lay down on his bed and fell asleep. Rampone did the same. In the morning Allen woke up and looked around. They were still in the inn and the fire was out. He looked over to Rampone but he wasn’t there. Allen got out of bed and dressed. He then left the room and went downstairs. Down there he saw people eating and talking at the tables. He saw Ashie, Rampone and Tekara sitting at a and table eating. He went over to them and sat down.

“Finally awake! Here have some soup!” Rampone said shoving him a bowl of soup.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Allen asked.

“I didn’t want to disturb you since you guys have had a rough time with that one guy.”

“Then why are Tekara and Ashie awake?”

“They woke up themselves.” Rampone said smiling.

Allen ate his soup and when they were finished they took the dishes to the bartender and paid him. They went back to Allen and Rampone’s room and sat down on the beds.

“So, first things first, we get me and Tekara out of these clothes!” Ashie said.

“And second we find out where Kirana is and go get her.” Tekara said smiling.

“Alright, how about you two go and get some clothes at the shop and Rampone and I will find Kirana’s whereabouts.” Allen said.

“Okay.” Ashie and Tekara said at the same time.

Tekara and Ashie left to the shop and Rampone and Allen stayed in the room looking at a map.

“Which way did they head?” Allen asked.

“They went towards the town that were in. That’s all I know.” Rampone said.

“Hmm. Maybe they stayed in the inn here.”

“That’s ridiculous. Why would they do that?” Rampone asked.

“I don’t know. To seem normal and to have a place to stay. Why don’t we go ask the bartender?” Allen asked.

“Alright.” Rampone said.

They left the room and went to the stairs. They were just about to go down when Allen heard a familiar voice. He held his hand out to stop Rampone from going down and put his finger to his lips. They crept down the stairs a little closer. Allen recognized the man who took Kirana. He was talking to the bartender. The man had a large sack next to him.

Must be Kirana. But how'd we get here before him? He must have had some sort of stop at a secret place or something along the way. Allen thought.

They stopped on the stairs when they could hear them clearly.

“Yes, that’s right I’d like a room. A room for two please.” The man said.

“But there’s only one of you.” The bartender said.

“There’ll be someone else coming along soon.”

“Alright, that’ll be twenty-five gold pieces please.”

The man gave the bartender the money. The bartender gave the man a room key and the man headed for the stairs. They realized that and quietly ran to their room. As soon as they heard him pass they quietly opened the door and looked to see which room he was in. He was in the room at the end of the hallway on their side. They went back into their room and sat on the bed.

“Okay, we have to get Kirana. I say that we just go over there now and surprise him.” Allen said.

“Wait, we might get arrested for attacking someone in the inn.” Rampone said.

“Are you joking? They have someone in a bag! Plus what if there is someone coming soon, that someone could be his bodyguard or something.”

“How about we wait till he’s out of the room?”

“That sounds better. Alright, who will watch?” Allen said.

“I’ll have to since he won’t remember my face and he’ll remember yours.” Rampone said.

“Alright, go. I’ll wait here till you get me and then we’ll get Kirana.”

Rampone left the room and Allen sat on his bed. He waited for what seemed like an eternity. He was so anxious to save Kirana he wanted to just forget Rampone’s plan and go in the room. He decided to keep waiting for just a little longer, and then he’d go in there with or without Rampone. A few minutes passed and he decided to go now. He got up from the bed, but just then he heard a knock on the door. He went over to the door.

“Who is it?” Allen asked.

“Me, Rampone. Open the door.” Rampone replied.

Allen opened the door and there stood Rampone with a large bag in his hands. He walked in and set it down on his bed. Allen closed the door and turned around. Rampone opened the bag and pulled out Kirana.

“Why didn’t you get me?” Allen asked.

“Well he was only going to be gone for a short time so I didn’t want to waist time in getting you.” Rampone replied.

“How do you know that?”

“He told me. He walked out of the room and talked to me. He asked me if I would guard his room and I said yes. He gave me a key and I went in, got Kirana and left. He said he was only going to be gone for a few minutes so getting you would have been a waste.”

“Well I guess what’s done is done. I’ll go get Tekara and Ashie, you stay here with Kirana.”

“Okay.” Rampone said smiling.

Allen left the room and made sure the man wasn’t going to see him if he was out there. He went to the shop and saw Tekara and Ashie just paying for their stuff. Tekara and Ashie turned around to see Allen and waved. Tekara was wearing what she had been wearing before she was taken and Ashie was wearing a short light red dress and a dark red cape with a hood. She didn’t have the hood up and their hair was normal. Tekara had hers in two French braids and Ashie had hers in a ponytail.

“Hey Allen, any luck with Kirana yet?” Tekara said.

“Yes, we got her. And I see you two got changed into something more comfortable.”

“Yeah. We also bought something for Kirana since we knew she didn’t want to stay dressed like that either.”

“Alright. Let’s go back.”

They left the store and went to the inn. Allen told them about the man staying in the inn and they knew they had to try to stay unknown. They were able to get to Allen and Rampone’s room. When they entered they saw that Kirana was still out.

“She’s still knocked out. I think it’ll be a while till she wakes up so we have to wait till then to leave.” Rampone said.

“Alright.” Ashie, Tekara and Allen said at the same time.

“We’ll go get our things from the other room and come back here.” Tekara said.

“Make sure that guy doesn’t see you.” Allen said.

Tekara and Ashie left the room and Allen went to sit on his bed. Rampone and Allen waited until Tekara and Ashie came back. A few minutes later they heard a knock on the door. Allen went to open it but Rampone got there first.

“Hello?” Rampone asked.

“It’s me, the guy who told you to watch my room.”

“What? I wasn’t told to look after anyone’s room.” Rampone said with a changed voice.

“Oh, I must have the wrong room. I am sorry to disturb you.”

They heard the man leave and Rampone went back to sitting on his bed.

“I hope Tekara and Ashie don’t get spotted.” Rampone said.

They waited a little longer until they heard another knock on the door. Rampone got up and went to the door.

“Hello?” He asked in an old lady voice as best he could.

“It’s us.” Tekara said from the other side.

Rampone opened the door and let them in. He shut the door after they were in and they sat down.

“So, did Kirana wake up?” Ashie asked.

“No.” Allen replied.

Just then they heard some groaning come from Kirana. They all looked at her. She started to open her eyes. Her eyes weren’t fully open. She sprang up and backed to the door.

“Get away!” She yelled.

Her eyes opened fully now.

“Oh, it’s just you guys. I’m sorry.” She said putting hr hand to her head.

“It’s alright.” Tekara said smiling.

“Oh I have this awful headache.”

“Come sit down.”

Kirana sat down on the bed. Her stomach made a grumbling noise.

“I guess I’m hungry too.” She said with a little laugh.

“I got some food at the shop so you can eat here.” Ashie said handing Kirana a small loaf of bread.

Kirana took it and ate.

“Well, I guess were leaving now. How’d I get here anyway?” Kirana asked.

“The guy who took you brought you here and we got you back.” Allen said.

Kirana looked over at Allen.

“Allen!”

She jumped over to him and hugged him.

“You’re not dead! How did that happen?”

“I healed him.” Tekara said.

“You what? How?” Kirana said getting up.

“I don’t know. I just did.” Tekara said looking at her hands.

“Well thank you.” Kirana said hugging her.

“It was no problem.” Tekara said smiling.

“Alright let’s hit the road!”

“Wait, that guy is still here, you have to get dressed into something else.” Ashie said.

“Okay. But Allen has to leave.”

“What about me?” Rampone asked smiling.

“What! Who are you?”

“My name is Rampone Celeste. I helped save you.”

“Oh, well then you have to leave too.”

Allen and Rampone left the room and stayed prepared for an attack from the guy. After a few minutes the girls came out. Kirana looked exactly the way she did before she was captured.

“Alright we’re ready to go!” Kirana said.

They went down the stairs and told the man they were leaving. He bid them good bye and they left. They left the town and headed along the road until they came to a fork.

“Well, which way is the Death Sage’s temple?” Ashie asked.

“I think we follow this road.” Rampone said pointing to the one to their left.

“Guess we’ll just have to trust your judgment.” Kirana said smiling.

They went the way Rampone suggested. They were traveling for a few hours until they stopped to eat. As Kirana was eating she heard a voice.

“Kirana, I need you to listen and follow my every order.”

Wow, for once I made a story that got passed chapter seven!:lol: I hope you liked it.^^

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Okay, so I started reading this story. It's neat, you are being very descriptive of things and you introduced Kirana and Tekari Ki. I don't recall if I signed up for this, I hope I did, if not, that's fine too, it will be a good read. A little advice, you want to be descriptive of things but not wholly descriptive of everything there is to see around some place. You are doing great but don't let that get out of hand or else the reader is going to become frustrated at reading too much description. I read chapter 1, and I will be reading the rest later today. :)

--Edit--I read to chapter 4, the story is going great, I like it.

--Edit--Okay, done reading to chapter 7, I only have chapter 8 and I am all caught up. Interesting story so far, few characters in it but very interesting nonetheless. I wonder who that white haired man is, I hope is not trouble for the group. :P And I think Kirana will be alright, I am hoping that she is. ;) I will finish reading tomorrow morning, good job, Raindrop14.

--Edit--Done! Caught up. :D Alright, so the two girls, Allen and Rampone managed to get Kirana back, that's good, but now Rampone is taking them somewhere, I just hope he's not leading them in to a trap, getting Kirana was too easy, so yeah, I hope that's not the case, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Alright, now for the next chapter!:D

Chapter nine: Sage of Death

Who are you? Kirana thought.

“That doesn’t matter. You need to listen and do what I tell you. You need to follow this road and don’t stop, not even to rest. As soon as you reach the death sage’s temple go in and hand the orb to the sage. When you are done with that listen to what the Sage tells you. Oh, and don’t tell your friends about me.”

Why? Why are you telling me this?

“Because, I and the others trust you. And your friends will not believe you.”

What others?

“Just go, go now. Go without your friends if need be.”

“Guys we have to go.” Kirana said.

“Why? What’s the rush?” Allen asked.

“My gut says to go now and don’t stop till we reach the death temple.”

“The death temple is more than one day away from here, we have to stop along the way.” Rampone said.

“I guess you don’t have to go if you don’t want to but I’m going now.”

Kirana got up, grabbed her bag and started along the road.

“Kirana, what’s this all about?” Tekara said.

“I can’t tell you but I have to go, with or without you.”

Tekara ran up to Kirana’s side. Ashie and the others followed.

“Kirana, what’s gotten into you?” Ashie asked.

“Nothing, I just feel we need to go now.” Kirana said.

“Well, I guess we can’t let you go alone.”

They walked along the road following Kirana. All around them was the same plane as had been since they started their journey. Kirana noticed that. It hadn’t changed at all, it was always the same. As she walked she hoped to find something that might be different. But the hours passed, she saw nothing and all of them were silent. She was starting to think that they might be going back to Justin but then she saw something unfamiliar. She saw a large building in the distance.

“Is that the death temple?” Kirana asked.

“It can’t be, the death temple is days from here.” Rampone said.

“Well then what is that?” Kirana asked pointing to the building.

“I- I don’t know. I mean-”

“You mean it could be the death temple but you don’t think so.”

“Yes.”

“Well I think it is. I’m going to it.”

Kirana took off running at full speed to the building. The others ran after her trying to keep up. The building wasn’t too far away so it would only be about thirty seconds if she ran. She kept running even when her throat and chest hurt. She didn’t stop till she got to the temple. When she got to it she stopped and leaned on the wall. She slid down the wall to the ground and panted heavily. Soon the others caught up and leaned on the wall panting.

“Wh- What- Why did you run?” Allen asked panting.

Kirana couldn’t answer because she was panting very hard. When she stopped panting she said, “I wanted to get here and prove to you guys that this is the death temple. I ran because I knew you’d follow me and if I didn’t run you might stop me. So here we are and let’s go in.” She said smiling.

“Alright you win. We’ll go in with you.”

When they had all gotten their breath back they went into the temple. It looked exactly like the one Tekara, Justin and Kirana went in.

Oh I hope Justin isn’t here. Kirana thought.

The thought of Justin when he had gone mad made her shiver. They walked through the dark hall and came to an open room. It was very bright and the walls shone bright like gold. There was a bridge leading to a small landing. Underneath the bridge was an abyss. On the landing was what looked to be a tomb and a throne. The throne was on the left and empty, the tomb to the right. There were stairs leading to them. Kirana stepped forward but Rampone held out his hand.

“Don’t go yet. We have to test the bridge; after all, this could be a very old bridge for all we know.”

“Well I’m willing to test it.” Kirana said.

“No, let me.”

Rampone walked forward onto the bridge. It seemed alright to walk on. It was made of stone so it should hold. As he took another step he motioned for the others to follow.

“But only where I step, unless I fall.” He said.

They followed him on the bridge, stepping everywhere he stepped. After Rampone’s fifth step the rest of the bridge in front of him fell into the darkness. He stepped back so as not to fall and the others did the same.

“Well now how do we get over?” Tekara asked.

“We jump.” Kirana said walking back to the entrance.

“That’s too far to jump.” Ashie said.

“It’s a leap of faith!”

Just then Kirana ran to the edge of the bridge at full speed. When she was at the edge she didn’t slow down but jumped. It at first looked as though she’d make it. They all bit their lips hoping she would make it. Closer to the edge she sank into the abyss. They all knew she wouldn’t make it. But she just barely hit the edge of the landing. She was hanging on with her hands. She pulled herself up and the others gave a sigh of relief. She turned around and looked at them, smiling with her hands on her hips.

“That’s why their called a leap of faith I guess.” Allen said.

Kirana turned around and walked to the tomb.

There’s something strange about her. No one could have done that whether it was a leap of faith or not. Rampone thought.

Kirana looked at the tomb and there was a glass casing over it. Inside there was what looked like someone’s body. She looked harder and saw a sixteen year old girl. She was wearing a black short sleeved shirt, black pants, black boots and black gloves. She had long black hair to her waist, light tan skin, looked to be about five feet five inches tall and had an agile body.

Hmm, I guess this is the death sage. Kirana thought.

“What did you find?” Tekara called out.

“I think I found the death sage, but she’d dead.” Kirana called back.

“Dead?”

“Yes, dead. I already told you that.”

They all looked at the entrance to see Justin, standing there. But he no longer looked crazy, he looked as normal as he had when they met.

“All you have to do to bring her back is place the orb in her hands.” He walked forward.

Tekara stepped back behind Rampone and Allen.

“That’s the crazy guy!” She yelled.

“Shh! You’ll tear this whole place down!” Justin said quietly.

“But, how did you know we’d be here!”

“I was the one who asked you for help to bring back the death sage. Don’t worry; I’m not going to attack you. I’m sorry for that by the way. See, I am the keeper of death. I protect the death sage and the orb. I am not in control when I am doing so.”

“Oh, alright then.”

Tekara stepped out from behind the two boys.

“Who has the orb?” Kirana yelled to them.

“I don’t know.” Tekara said.

“I do!” Allen said.

Just then Justin jumped onto Allen.

“Hey, get off!” Allen yelled.

“Give me the orb!” Justin yelled.

Allen held the orb out of his reach. Rampone grabbed it and threw it to Kirana. Kirana barely caught it. Justin pulled out his duel daggers and started to attack Allen. Allen used his wind magic to blow him away but nothing happened.

“Magic doesn’t work here boy!”

Allen pushed Justin off of him and rolled out of the way of another attack. Rampone tried restraining him but Justin was too strong.

“I think his strength and abilities are increased when he is in keeper mode!” Rampone said.

Justin swung wildly at the four of them. In the meantime Kirana was struggling to open the glass. She tried pushing and pulling. Nothing would work. She then pulled out her dagger. She hit it against the glass but it didn’t even leave a scratch. She then looked at the orb in her hand. She looked at the glass. She held the orb high.

I hope this works. She thought shutting her eyes.

She slammed it down on the glass and the glass shattered into pieces. They flew all over the place, one cutting Kirana on the arm. She opened her eyes and looked at the orb in her hand. It was still perfectly intact. She gave a sigh of relief. She then placed the orb in the hands of the sage. Justin snapped out of his keeper mode and looked at them with sorry eyes and a smile. A bright light shone from the tomb and they all turned their eyes towards it. They saw Kirana standing there like she was in a trance.

“Kirana!” Allen yelled.

Kirana didn’t hear him. She was standing in an empty area, nothing but light. Soon there appeared the sage of death. She stood there looking a Kirana with a sweet smile. Her eyes were of a silver color. Kirana just stood there looking at the sage with blank eyes.

“Kirana?” The sage said.

Kirana blinked her eyes a couple of times. She then came to her senses and shook her head.

“Yes?” She asked quickly.

“Kirana, it is I, the sage of death. Do you remember talking to me?”

“What? Oh yes! I do!”

“Then you remember that you would listen and obey.”

“Yes!”

“Then listen and obey now. When I awake you will find me familiar like you did Ashie and Tekara. This time, do not say it; do not say that I look familiar. From now on keep your thoughts to yourself. Others will talk to you and you must listen to them and obey them. You must not tell anyone that they talk to you. That Rampone already is suspecting something but you mustn’t tell him anything. Remember to not tell anyone anything. They will ask what happened to you when you are awake and you must tell them that the light blinded you for a second. Understand?”

“Yes!”

“Good luck.”

Kirana snapped back to reality and she shook he head. The light had just faded. She saw the sage of death. Her eyes opened and she sat up. She looked at Kirana with a smile on her face.

“Thank you for awakening me.” She said.

“No problem.” Kirana said looking at her strangely.

“Why do you look at me like that?”

“What? Oh nothing!” She shook her head and smiled awkwardly.

“What is your name?”

“Kirana.”

“I am Marlidia.”

“Let’s get out of here.” Kirana said walking down the steppes.

“Have a safe journey.”

Kirana froze where she was. She turned around and saw Marlidia getting out of the tomb and sitting on the throne.

“I guess you have to stay here.” Kirana said.

“Yes. Now go, go find the others.”

Kiran saw that the bridge was back. She walked on it cautiously.

“Do not worry, it will not fall.” Marlidia said happily.

Kirana walked normally back to the others. Justin went to the sage and sat next to her on a stool. They looked at the travelers as they left the temple. Before Kirana left the room she turned around and knelt on one knee to Marlidia. The others looked at her strangely and then bowed to the sage. They all left after that.

They were outside and walking back to the road.

“So, Kirana, What happened to you back there?” Allen asked.

“What? Oh, I was just blinded for a second.” She replied smiling.

Rampone looked at her suspiciously. They walked back to the road and headed for the next town. Just as they were walking they saw someone in the distance.

Hope you liked it.^^

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yes, I liked it. No, I actually loved it, it was great. My thoughts? Sure:

I was surprised to see Justin make an arrival, I thought as I read: Oh no, here comes this creeper again. He did try to kill them before, lolz, I have my reasons to dislike the guy. Yeah, I'll give it to him, he's the keeper of death, but I don't care lol.

And then there was the part where Rampone became suspicious of Kirana when she leaped. I hope he's not a traitor, or an evil character acting as a friend only to betray the characters later on. Oh yeah, I guess I can let you know that I enjoyed the part where Rampone led them all over the bridge, got excited when the bridge in front gave out, luckily Rampone stepped back and avoided falling. XD

I hope you are able to continue this ASAP, it's looking cool, and I want to read more, but I will wait until the next update. I saw a few typos in there, but don't worry too much, I still understood it perfectly well. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom