• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Outrage: Terminian Counterpart Theory

G

Grave

The fact is We really don't know the actual Time line/counter theory.

Theories Ive heard
- Link Sent on a Quest/mission to termina
- Alternate Universe When sent back in time.
- Or overall Different link Just in his own "County"

Vibed

must read before he posts
...this thread is not to convince me nor is it to convince you.

If it isn't then why does the title say, "The Outrage:" and has you start out by complaining about a "crazy" theory?

EDIT: Reread the last sentence in your first post, and it says to discuss what we think of it, not to discuss whether it was the truth. Well, we think the theory is right and have gone on to discuss why we think so. So, I think I just merged the truth with what we think of it. :P

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
Goro-Link is the counterpart of Darurina's son, Link of the Gorons. Why do you keep referring to the realtion ship as a "Bizaro[Bizzaro]" when it is usually, simply called a parallel world, unless you're going into a Superman/Bizzaro thing then it totally is a Bizzaro world. Also Darunia does have a counterpart though with a different name, like Toto/King Zora: Darmani the Third aka The Goron Mask.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
Not at all, arguments and debates are often held and no one 'wins.' Also MM takes place after Link pops back to his child hood following the defeat of Ganon in the future. It isn't said how long after he starts looking for Navi. Another thing about parallel worlds: not everybody is born at the same time in the other world.

I said Goron Link in MM is much older than his counterpart in OoT. Just because he isn't born yet doesn't mean he doesn't exist; if one counterpart is older than the other, that means he must be born BEFORE the other, which means he existed BEFORE the other did. This really isn't a very complicated issue.

I said Goron Link in MM is much older than his counterpart in OoT. Just because he isn't born yet doesn't mean he doesn't exist; if one counterpart is older than the other, that means he must be born BEFORE the other, which means he existed BEFORE the other did. This really isn't a very complicated issue.

Termina's timeline can exist independently from Hyrule's

Okay, if this theory is true, then how do you explain how there is two malons in MM and not OoT?

Simple: Nintendo got creative with the fact that Malon matured more in the seven years difference in OoT, because she was still a child. She had an entirely different NPC in the two times, even though she was still the same character, so she was implemented into MM as such.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
Also the 'real Malon' of Mojora's Mask might be debatable because of the same age thing as Link-Goro. I.e if Talon's wife hadn't died Malon might have had a younger sister (OoT's Romani). Or Cremia might be the older sister that Malon never had.

at all the people who are complaining about characters being different ages than there counterparts, remember that if Termina is a parallel universe then it doesn't have to have the same time flow. there could be days that move slowly or quickly in comparison to Hyrule. no one would notice the change, but when link got back he would find that he was away for more (or less) than 3 days in hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom