• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art The Little Waterbender

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
This was one of my earlier professional fics that date back to 09, however looking at it recently has made me realize how horrible it is. Too many OOC moments (though I try to fix this later), the story was too fixated on the movie for the beggining (a flaw in my recent fic), and the tone got too dark without any humor. So why am I showing you fellas this story? As an example to show how I've changed. Though I haven't progressed far I feel like I've done better than this now. So here it is, my ugly attempts at mixing Little Mermaid and Avatar. Have a good laugh fellas, I ain't editing this for that would defeat it's purpose as serving as a reminder.

The Little Waterbender: Fathoms Below a Concert is Held

The morning was fresh and the air was young. Seagulls cried in the wind and the dolphins merrily splashed in the water with echoes to each one. The waves today were strong, as today was a day of celebration and cheer dear reader. For as you can see, today was the day that would mark, a grand adventure.

Our story begins as the Dolphins were making their normal day rounds through the water, happily chirping as the seagulls came to join them. Then out of the great mist, came a large bulk which came crashing through the waves. The Dolphins ducked beneath the waves and the seagulls flew out of the way. Each one had the same idea; to avoid being crushed by the thing. The ship was a great black iron clad ship with smoke brimming from the tube above. It crashed and roared at the sea to let it by, as the waves just parted along with their business.

As the great vessel passed, the voices of many sailors merrily singing echoed from the ship to the majority of the surrounding area.

I'll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue

and it's HEY to the starboard HEAVE-HO

Look out lad a mermaid's waitin for you

In mysterious fathom's below.

Aboard the ship was the prestigious prince Zuko of the Fire Nation. Zuko was a rambunctious young lad who was eager for adventure to come. Most palace life was boring to him seeing as how half of palace life consisted of schemes of his servants to find him a wife. There were also those dreaded forms of economic problems and complaints from the citizens that poured in like a waterfall. Going out on the sea gave him time away from that, and he treasured every trip he could make to it. His pet lemur Momo flew on his shoulder and he petted him as he took a deep breath.

He screamed out loudly, "Isn't this great? The salty sea air, the wind blowing in your face! Perfect day to be at sea."

Zuko then looked towards his uncle, Iroh who also was his adviser. Unlike Zuko, who had a great fondness for the sea, Iroh mostly cared about eating the fish from the sea rather than going above it. Of course he would go on any sea trip if tea was involved. The problem with that though was the fact that the ol' boy got terribly sea sick.

"Oh yes… delightful…"

Iroh then felt another coming on and bended over to let it out. As he was dealing with his business, Zuko had to gone to aid of a sailor who was tightening some ropes.

"A fine strong wind and a following sea, Queen Kya must be in a friendly type mood."

Zuko, having only been on very few voyages, knew not much of sailor talk and questioned, "Queen Kya?"

The sailor looked in disbelief at Zuko and gave out a hearty laugh before explaining, "Why ruler of the merpeople lad, thought every good sailor knew about her."

The sailor then pointed upwards and looked at his companions and called out to them, "Tell it to 'im straight men!"

We'll sing you a song of the queen of the seas

and it's hey to the starboard heave ho

The rule of the oceans is she

In mysterious fathoms below

They danced while doing their duties of manning the ship with the wind blowing merrily.

Fathoms Below! Below!

From once wayward westerlies blow.

Where Kya is Queen and her merpeople sing in mysterious fathoms Below.

Iroh had finally come over his sea sickness as he came into the party. Now of course, Iroh didn't believe in things such as merfolk as much as he believed in bending anything other than Fire and Air, and Fair folk. It had never been shown to him or publicly and he wasn't going to believe much by word of mouth.

"Merpeople, where do you folks come with this nautical nonsense?" He spouted.

"But it ain't nonsense it's the truth," replied the same sailor who spoke to Zuko. "There lies a whole world of merpeople under the sea."

"Queen Kya's the ruler." Spoke one sailor using his fingers as a makeshift crown.

Another sailor jumped down from the mast and whispered in Iroh's ear, "She's got seven fair daughters, and a warrior of a son."

One came up from the bottom deck and added to the conversation, "And two of the fiercest bodyguards in the seas."

"And a witch of an enemy named Azula." Cried out another voice.

This caught Zuko's attention more than the others. The fact that a queen who seemed to be so praised could actually have enemies seemed strange to him. The man who said Azula seemed a little out of his head though.

Zuko with wonder looked at the sailor who said "Azula" and asked, "Azula?"

The sailor grinned with a bulging eye as he was throwing today's catch into a barrel, and as he was holding a fish, he began prattling on.

"Evil, yet beautiful, but hungry for power. Queen Kya had her banished and exiled for using dark magic to transform merpeople into her prisoners. So there she lives now, just buying her time…"

Old Man: Fathoms below in the ocean, lives Azua witch of the sea

She plots and she schemes and she wickedly dreams

Of the DAY SHE'LL RETURN ONCE MORE.

All: RETURN TO RULE THE OCEAN FLOOR!

She wants to queen of the bottomless blue

And it's HEY TO THE STARBOARD BELOW!

So Kya beware, cause a biggun's a-brewin' in

MYSTERIOUS

FATHOMS

BELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

They all danced merrily as the old man let the fish out of his hands and it smacked into Iroh's face (slapping him a few times) and Zuko dropped on the floor laughing as the fish jumped down into the sea, and back to its freedom.

The fish looked up at the ship and lost his breath at the close call that was. He then decided to return to the business he had originally intended to do. He swam across the ocean; each location was filled with mystery and wonder. The dark blue held a plethora of beautiful things, and dangers as well. No matter how far you traveled in the ocean, you knew that there was something new to see. But enough with this narrator chatter as this is where we abandon this fish to join the more "majestic crowd."

As the sun shone into the water, dark and beautiful silhouettes began to pass by. Each one held the lower body of a fish, yet the upper body of a human. Twas the merpeople, they were the fair folk of the water much like the fair folk of land. They swam through the water with grace, each one bending it to their will. Children would twirl it around them, mermen would bring their everloves* closer to them. The silhouettes then darted through a cavern where at the end, came the most wonderful sight imaginable.

The sight was a grand castle, made out of the finest Sunstone. Each hall crafted by the finest Earth benders and purified by the magic of the water benders. The palace towered magnificently above towns and mountains themselves, dwarfing the mightiest of Sea Giants. It was as if all beauty in the world had surrendered itself to the owner of this palace and gracefully added to it.

Inside the palace, a celebration of great proportions was to take place in the fine halls. Today was the anniversary of the Kingdom's birth, since the beginning with only rock and stone. A concert was to be held, as merbenders appeared in every shape and size, young and old; it was truly a wonderful sight. Soon, people were hushed by the sounds of horns coming from sea horses as a young merman had come to announce something to the crowd.

"Her royal highness, QUEEN KYA!"

Great Horns blared as coming forth from a tunnel came a large chariot, led by Dolphins was the Queen herself. She was a long and tall mermaid who bore brown hair in the shape of a mushroom if you looked hard enough. She was graceful and still young. The most notable feature about her was her mystic Trident, which was able to allow the bearer to bend all four of the elements. She was graceful in directing the dolphins as they led her near the ceiling, where she launched a bolt of lightning from her Trident at the chandelier, thus illuminating the room. This was met with a large amount of applause from just about everyone in the audience.

The sea horse then began to introduce the next person coming, "And presenting, the Queens loyal body guard and advisor, the stupendous and brave, MATCH!"

The horns blared once more as another thing came from the tunnel. It was a man with two legs riding a chariot being led by swordfish. Match bore dark sunglasses which he never removed and had a hair style shaped like that of a palm with only two branches. He was a man of thirty-eight and was possibly one of the few human-like people who was favorable in the kingdom. Match was not an ordinary humanoid though; he was made stronger than any normal person of his race after he had been gifted with the powers of the Flame stone of Ifrit. As he passed above the crowd, he let loose blue flame which exploded into fireworks and also enamored the crowd. The sea horse was then ready to present the final person.

"And finally presenting the distinguished court composer and prince, the great, magnificent, Sokka!" He said in a boisterous voice.

This time the third person came from the tunnel to be greeted by kazoos and only respectful clapping. He was a boy of 19 and had hair that made you think a tree was growing on his head. Sokka; like most merfolk, was a shape shifter since he was not a bender, his power allowed him to be a crab when he chose. He was lead by large sea horses which started bucking as he tried to get control of them. He soon joined the other two after gaining control of the sea horses.

The Queen looked very happy at the two as she began to exclaim her joy, "I am really looking forward to this performance Sokka."

"Yes mom, this shall be the finest concert I have ever conducted, my sisters will be SPECTACULAR!" ,he screamed this out in joy before his steeds bucked and flipped the chariot upside down.

"Don't forget about my little Katara." She replied without notice of Sokka's situation.

"Ah yes Katara, her performance shall show the hard work put into disciplining the girl. She will show great promise." Spoke Match with a optimistic grin.

As he said that, both he and Kya got into their seats at the upper balcony of the concert hall. The view from here was the grandest in the house and only reserved for the royal family or those closely involved. By that time Sokka managed to get his chariot upright once more.

"Yes, yes, she does have the most beautiful voice doesn't she?" Grunted Sokka while he was gaining control of his chariot.

Sokka then turned his nervous grin in to a hard face as he turned away from the two and he mumbled, "Of course his discipline didn't help enough to get the girl to rehearsals on her own…"

Sokka then went to check up on the girls as they were practicing. Each one was singing to themselves with notes in front of them. Some were checking out the tones of their voices, each one making sure not to get off key. This was just as Sokka wanted; each of his sister's were practicing hard and that gave him enough of a smile. He couldn't get over the fact something felt wrong though. He shrugged and swam to the middle of the room in order to get the girls' attention.

"Ok ladies," he called to them. "Remember this is a celebration. I want smiles and energy. I want my music to soar."

Then Star came up to Sokka asking, "Sokka have you seen-"

Sokka cut her off though, "Star, remember, direct from the diaphragm. June, On Ji watch that high A. Joo Dee, Sela, Ming, Katara-"

Then Sokka noticed Katara wasn't there and gave a sour look as he pouted. That girl was more trouble than a tiger seal with rabies. If she was in the bathroom again, Sokka felt as if he would literally blow up. At least, he would after the concert was over and done, and he was gaining praise.

"Where is Katara?"

Then Ming went up to him to explain, "That's what we were trying to explain brother, Katara isn't here."

Sokka's jaw dropped before he inquired, "What do you mean she's not here? She's the soloist, she has to be here!"

Ming then put on a weary smile and replied, "You know Katara."

Then Sokka started hyperventilating like crazy as he pulled his hair. This was now beyond insufferable; the most important concert of Sokka's musical career and it was about t crash down faster than an Unagi. He smacked his head on a pillar as hard as he could.

He then started yelling, "BUBBLING BARACOOTA, MOM AND MATCH WILL-"

Sokka then stopped hurting himself and calmed down. This might not be the end, if he found the girl. She couldn't have gotten to far and she was reminded countless times that this concert was today. If he could somehow stall the show and be given a few minutes to search, Sokka was sure he would find Katara.

"I must remain calm, she's gotta be around here somewhere," Sokka explained to the girls and himself. I'll stall and you take your places, SOMEBODY FIND THAT GIRL!"

The girls all took off and Sokka decided to do the same. He looked outside the practice room and got a gander at the audience; it was a bloody full house. If the concert messed up, then that means he would be humiliated for months to come. Sokka then tried to peek his head near the balcony where Kya and Match were. As Sokka motioned to them though, the lights were shining down on him. He quickly regained his composure and gave

~My life in the music world is over. ~

He raised his baton and the music began to play. Three clams then came up from the depths of under the stage, and each opened to reveal the girls who began to sing.

Oh we are the daughters of Kya!

Great mother who loves us and named us well.

Star!

-Lalalalala

June!

-Halahalalalaaaa

On Ji!

-Hohohaaa

Joo Dee!

-Lalalalaaa

Sela!

-Hahahaaaaa

Ming!

-Hehohaaaaa

Then a clam raised up from the depths which would have held Katara had she been there.

And then there is the newest in her musical debut!

Our sentimental sister we're presenting her to you!

To sing a song our brother wrote her voice is like a bell!

She's our sister Ka-

The girls stopped when they saw that the clam was empty and gasped. Sokka face palmed himself in disappointment and anguish. However, the most dissatisfied in the entire concert hall had to be the Queen and her advisor. Match was literally biting the rail of the balcony in anger as the water around him heated up. The Earth shook as the Queen's trident shook the Earth around her in her anger. Then out of the blue they screamed.

"KATARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Old Author's Note: I wrote this fic because the Little Mermaid and Avatar are two great things and after seeing the great fics also based on the movie. As you can see, I added some dialogue from deleted scenes in the original movie. There also the thing where I added length to this compared to the movie since the original book had quite a time to expand the mermaid's character, so I intend to do the same.

Another thing is that, I chose a woman to be the ruler of the Seas because I wanted to show how I think the anger problems would have gone down had a woman been the one directing the mermaid.

Match is my OC, so back off :3

Everloves means couples or lovers if you want to get basic.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
You should go on fanfiction.net and submit it

Oh I did that long ago. It's there right now. It's much farther there as well.

---------- Post added 06-11-2010 at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-10-2010 at 03:08 PM ----------

The Little WaterBender: The Sunken Ship and Dark Eyes

We shall take our direction away from the bright land of Atlantica and head to the darker parts of the ocean. Just seven kilometers away from Atlantica laid one of the darkest places of the ocean. This place was guarded and ruled by the sea witch Azula after her banishment, and any merfolk who comes here would make sure to come and go with haste. This place was usually never visited casually by anyone, except one.

In a ship graveyard, a dark skinned mermaid was holding onto the mast of an ancient ship. She is the heroine of this story, for she was the Queen's daughter, Katara. She was beautiful both within and outside as she was known throughout the kingdom as a saint and a fool.

Her carefree behavior also gives g an interest in humans, their lands also intrigued her and the more her mother or Match tried to deny her of her interests, the harder she tried to meet her desires.

Today Katara was out on another one of her adventures. She often left the palace to go exploring throughout the seas where she would discover many human objects. She would then hide the objects in a small grotto where she would marvel at them for hours. She often got scolded by her brother and mother for missing rehearsals because of this however she didn't care much. No one knew about the location of the grotto except her two friends and her body guard.

"Katara wait up."

Katara then turned her head to look at her friends coming up from behind her.

"Guys, hurry up."

From behind her came some of the few people who were friends with her. One was a dark haired mermaid named Toph, she wore her hair in a bob and was a bit shorter than Katara. She was blind by birth but she had more sight than most merpeople in the kingdom ever did as she trained herself in arts beyond normal earth bender's understanding. She lived in the palace with Katara because her family members are descendants to the Earth benders who had originally constructed the palace long ago so she was the first person Katara would talk to.

Another mermaid there was called Suki. She was only slightly taller than Katara and had brown hair that was short. She was a student in the arts of the Kyoshi warriors; they are the second to elite guard in the palace however she lived in the training grounds outside of it.

The third person coming up was not a mermaid, but a man. A human man with two legs and his name was Lan. He had a very long but square like nose that was his most notable feature. He was Katara's bodyguard, and assigned by his brother (Match) to protect Katara. Although, unlike his brother he would let her go on adventures because he understood Katara's dreams and wanted her to be free. Of course sometimes she asks him to tell her about humans, but can't tell her much since most of the things he knew were ordinary and would make her ideas on humans change for the most part (for example, if he tells her a rolling pin was meant for cooking rather than being used as a toy, it would be a sprit breaker.)

Like his brother, he had a special power and that was the Destiny Stone of Thor, which gave him power to manipulate lightning and breathe underwater like his brother.

Toph then started complaining to Katara.

"Can you slow down Katara, you shouldn't go to far alone in this place."

Of course Katara wasn't really paying attention to Toph as much as she was paying attention to this new wonder for her.

"There it is."

There it was indeed. What Katara happened to be pointing at was a great ship; it was met with the same fate as many of the ships in this graveyard during a horrible war that ensued ten years ago. Now all that was left of these great fleets were rotting iron husks that laid there with nothing but junk, skeletons, and bad memories. Of course to this mermaid, this place was just one big treasure chest.

"Come on let's go."

And with that Katara took off to the ship and the others began to follow suite. The ships creaked and wailed around them. Some ships held the souls of their lost crew within, but of course Katara wasn't afraid of that as she approached her target. When she got to a porthole she gave instructions to Lan.

"Lan, can you stay here? We need someone to watch for sharks if any come."

Lan gave a hearty salute to her and assured her that he would do his job,

"Yes, Katara, no shark is getting through me as far as I am concerned."

With that, the three mermaids went inside the porthole, but Suki got a little stuck.

"Mmph, guys help, I'm kinda *grunt* stuck."

(That's what I said…) Anyways Katara and Toph began pulling from the inside, while Lan started pushing from the outside. Toph of course did some complaining.

"Suki you gotta get you figure in check, this is getting harder everyday."

Finally they had managed to get Suki inside after Lan gave a strong charge into her.

The inside of the ship was dark and forbearing as the iron creaked and groaned. The darkness seemed to swallow nearly the entire ship, with heavy and unknown horrors could lurk inside. However, the darkness seemed a little illuminated by Katara's adventurous spirit. While she went looking for things to collect, Toph and Suki looked around the ship. Suki looked at a mirror and started making faces in it, while Toph grabbed a doll that was near the skeleton of a little girl and handed to Katara.

"What do you think this is?"

Katara looked at the doll with amusement. It was a well crafted one, I can tell you that. Its hair was well placed and each thread of it was made with love. The face was an adorable button face with stitches for a mouth. Aside from a bit of age, the doll was in great condition, you could stare at it for hours and see how much love was put into it and how much love was put into caring it. Katara then looked at the skeleton of the little girl with a sullen face. The skeleton, despite having no ability to make emotions had an aura of sadness and anxiety around it. Katara then responded to Toph.

"I don't really know, but I bet Aang and Jet will know."

She put the doll in her bag and continued to look for things to collect inside the dank ship.

Outside the ship, Lan had decided to fall asleep on the job. He was incredibly tired from an all-nighter yesterday and was trying to get some shut eye. Unknown to him, there was a dark and menacing presence in the air, it was a shark, his name was Glut and he had been following the group. There were situations where Glut ran into our group before and intended to make lunch out of them, but usually it landed him injuries.

He had intended to eat Lan, but then had a memory of a situation when Lan beat him like a punching bag so he steered clear of him, but looked for where the other three might be.

When the first floor had been all but scoped out they began looking for a way to the second floor. Toph was the only one who wasn't looking however.

"You know if you want to reach the second floor, there is an easier way to find it."

The other two looked at Toph in confusion as she banged on the wall with the back of her fist and then the ceiling suddenly crumbled down. Katara and Suki chuckled at this and Suki gave a remark to her.

"That's our Toph, the girl of action."

Toph smiled at the compliment and the three mermaids swam above with Katara being the first.

Lan was still fast asleep outside even though the noise was quite loud. (The bum doesn't wake up unless you address him while he's sleeping.) However, Glut heard the noise quite clear and gave a blood thirsty grin as he went to the nearest window to that noise.

Surprisingly, the girls managed to reach the captain's quarters and the first thing that Katara noticed was the fork in the middle.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Have you seen anything more wonderful in your entire life?"

Toph went up to her and gave a sly joke with a hearty grin on her face.

"I think it looks perfect."

The three laughed once more at this, when suddenly Glut had passed by the window. Now, Toph with her advanced hearing and eerie ability to sense auras stopped laughing and turned around.

"What was that?"

The other two stopped laughing and began searching the quarters for more things while Toph looked through the window. Katara picked up what seemed to be a pipe and was examining it with Suki. Toph then looked towards them and tried to address caution but Katara assured her that nothing was wrong.

"Guys, I don't like this."

"Toph, relax, nothing is going to happen."

Just then Glut was out in the window opening his mouth as he went for the kill. When he suddenly bit down, Toph got away in time.

"SHARK! Katara, Suki, SWIM!"

The three mermaids began swimming through the room away from Glut's jaws. Toph then bended the metal to form a shield, however Glut broke through it easily as this metal was old and rusted from being in the water too long. Katara then attempted some waterbending to blow him away and it managed to push him back a bit so they could get some room to find the exit. They moved down back to the first floor and thought they had managed to escape Glut but suddenly he came down from the ceiling and nearly swallowed Suki and Katara but they managed to get out his mouth before he bit down.

Katara screamed out for Lan to come but was met with not much response. Outside, Lan was feeling a little drowsy when he heard the screaming and was slowly waking up. Suddenly, Suki popped in front of him and scared the living daylights out of him. Suki however was not amused because she got stuck again at a real bad time.

"You idiot! There's a shark chasing uAhh."

Suki couldn't finish her sentence as she was pushed out the ship with Katara and Toph following suite. Lan was kind of confused and panicked a bit.

"Shark? Shark? Where?"

Then Glut broke through the wall and zoomed past him.

"OH NUTS! OH NUTS! OH NUTS!"

Lan then made chase for the girls with great haste as Glut closed in on them. They traveled through zigs and zags in the graveyard when suddenly Toph got stuck to the ropes of a ship. The others tried to free her but it was not in time, Glut was closing in faster and faster as his jaws widened. Suddenly, before he could bite down the girls, he was pulled backwards and was angry at his captor, until he saw it was Lan.

"What do you think you are doing?…"

Toph managed to get herself untied thanks to Katara untying the ropes without pressure. Suki was cheering Lan on as he was beating Glut to a pulp. The fight was short, as Glut swam away with bruises and cuts all over, Lan taunted him thus.

"Where're ya going you big drip. Come back and fight like a real shark!"

Lan then took off his victory face and looked at Katara with sullen face and began to apologize.

"Look, Katara, I'm sorry I almost got you guys killed; I shouldn't have been sleeping on my duty."

Katara looked at him with those innocent and kind eyes of hers. She knew Lan was always like this and always forgave him for his mishaps because he always managed to get things done despite messing up a bit. In truth, she needed him to protect her friends so she wouldn't have to worry about them so she didn't really cared that he messed up.

"It's alright Lan, I forgive you. Come on, let's go."

The group then took off for the surface, where they to meet their friends, the Fair Duo.

We shall now take your attention to the surface world, it is here that many humans such as yourselves and I live. Now I shall bring your attention to the small rock in the middle of this vast ocean. Here on this rock, lived two particular creatures; they were and Aang and Jet, both of them were fairies from the Air Kingdom who were able to change their size whenever they wanted, much like most of the Fair folk. Now, both of them loved to be by the sea and lived on that rock for most of their days.

Now these two were crack experts on humans and were the source of information for Katara (since Lan doesn't tell her much.) The problem is that they knew next to nothing about human objects, they mostly crashed into human homes and saw the weirdest things happen to the objects they saw. They met with Katara when she was 14 years old on one of her journeys and even helped her save Zuko from the clutches of pirates (course, they didn't know it was Zuko they were out to kidnap.)

Aang was playing with his binoculars on his head while singing some silly song. Jet was asleep on the broken crow's nest.

"Mmmm, fourteen-hundred, la de do do. Lum do do, de do do do-"

"Aang! Jet!"

Aang then quickly took off the binoculars but in his haste looked through the wrong side.

"WHOA, MERMAIDS OFF THE PORT BOW!"

This startled Jet very much so he got his foot tangled to a rope and stood up.

"Where?"

"There!", pointed out Aang into the distance and Jet looked and wondered where.

"There?"

Jet looked in the distance Aang pointed his fingers. Aang then put his binoculars down to see that they were actually here.

"Here!"

"Here?"

Jet looked down to see the group and then smiled.

"Oh, there!"

"Not there; here!", replied Aang.

"I meant there, by here!", exclaimed Jet.

"But it's not there!"

"That's what I meant; here!"

"You said there!"

"Oh shut up Aang!"

Aang then shrugged and looked at the group with a surprised but happy grin.

"You know how to get here fast."

Lan face palmed himself, while Suki and Toph chuckled, Katara then placed her bag on the rock.

"Guys, look what we found."

Jet then looked at the bag with excitement; he and Aang enjoyed telling Katara their "knowledge" so Jet sprung into action.

"Human stuff eh? Let me see."

Jet dropped an anchor down so he could get some room to jump down, however as said before his foot was stuck to the rope and thus he was dragged down with it. Jet managed to recover and raced Aang to the bag, Jet was the first one to grab something and that was the fork.

"Wow, this is very special, very strange."

Katara looked so excited to ask what it was and what it did. Lan looked kind of ashamed to see her learning this stuff especially when he knew what everything was. Course, he never showed those two fairies that he was human, cause then they would ask him for answers.

"What, what is it?"

Aang then gave a look of astonishment, wonder, surprise, and idiocy as he said the name for it.

"It's a dinglehopper."

Lan was just dumbfounded right now and never expected these two to reach a new low of silliness.

"Dinglehopper?", said Lan with disbelief in his tone.

Jet then started to explain some more with confidence all over his face.

"Yep, humans use this baby to straighten their hair out."

Jet then started tugging and twirling his hair until it came out spiky like a certain fighting alien I know.

"Just a little turn here and yank there and viola! You see that you get aseptically wonderful hair that humans go nuts for."

He then handed Katara the… you know what? We'll call it a dinglehopper for humor's sake. So Katara then marveled the dinglehopper and slowly put it down so she could ask the two about the doll she had. Suki then grabbed the dinglehopper and started combing her hair with it to see what it was like. Toph herself was also interested, just not as much as Katara so she listened with intent. Lan just shook his head. Aang then picked up the doll and looked at it carefully… or maybe confused (can never tell the difference.)

"Ah yes, this is a doohibbler. Small human females would have these things on their back as a way to see the world with four eyes, sometimes SIX!"

Aang uses his fingers for the situation with four eyes and then jet used his for six.

"Then when they're done with them, they pull out their eyes. Sadly it doesn't work with the bigger females."

Katara looked letdown since she wanted to try using the doohibbler. So she then put it down and Suki (who had finished with the dinglehopper and had her hair organized surprisingly) pointed out the pipe.

"What about that one?"

Then Jet grabbed it at the same time as Aang and they both had the stupidest faces imaginable on them.

"This, we haven't seen this in years, this is WONDERFUL.", said Aang, followed up by Jet, "A branded, bulbous, SNARFBLAT."

The girls looked in wonder (Toph was also wondering what it was, she just couldn't see the details.) Lan just looked disgusted, since his brother smoked, he didn't really like anyone putting light to smoking objects, but since the girls couldn't use it properly he was fine. Aang then ripped the snarfblat out of Jet's hands and started one of the most wackjob explanations ever.

"Now this snarfblat dates back to pre-historical times, when humans used to sit around and stare at each other all day."

Aang then went up close to Katara with his eyes bulging out when he got to the part about staring at each other.

"As you can see, it got very boring. So they invented this snarfblat to make fine music; allow me."

Then Jet butted in,

"No, allow me."

Then the two started arguing of who should play the snarblat first, but then Aang got a good look at the inside of it and then let Jet use it.

"No, after you."

"Thank you, now watch."

Jet then started blowing into it but then found that it was plugged with seaweed and the like. Jet blew to hard in it and when he got air, some of the seaweed went in his mouth. That time was also when Katara and Lan started going pale with realization. Katara winced and began grabbing her stuff.

"Kak, grag! It's stuffed, Aang you set me up!", sputtered Jet as he shook his fist at his partner. Before he could

"MUSIC? Oh the concert! Oh my gosh, my mother's going to kill me!"

"THE CONCERT WAS TODAY! OH NO, MATCH IS GONNA GIVE ME A HOLLERING!"

Toph and Suki weren't happy either, since the Kyoshi Warriors and Toph's family were meant to appear at the festival after the concert. Jet and Aang were mostly looking at the snarfblat, wondering what to do with it since it was plugged up.

"Maybe we could make a little planter out of this?"

Katara then snatched it out of their hands and the group began swimming off.

"I've gotta go; thank you guys!"

Jet and Aang just waved off to her with smiles on their faces.

"Anytime sweetie, anytime!"

As the group was swimming off, they did not notice that they were being watched. For in the darkness laid two dark figures. Eelmaids they were; born from the darkest of magic, and brought to life to serve the purpose of being the spies of their mistress, Azula the Sea Witch. Each one had a body that was half human, but the other part was that of an eel. Their skin was grey and dull, with jagged edges that would make you think of them as undead. The most notable feature was their eyes; each one had a yellow eye used for spying and one white eye that bore evil vision to it. Their names were Ty Lee and Mai.

Mai was the sullen and grim one who never talked much, but was often very bored because of nothing really happening around their land. She liked to have something to do as long as it never was an annoying task. Today she was interested in the new mermaid in the area.

Ty Lee was the happier one she was more prone to crude and adorable mischief which often annoyed Mai. Since Mai has a less than enthusiastic nature, Ty Lee never had anyone to play with except the merfolk to came into their realm. Today she saw someone she wanted to play with very much.

They reflected their vision, to show to those who could not see beyond their own eyes the interesting thing they discovered.

In the dark part of the ocean, laid the grim lair of the sea witch Azula, she was the lord of the land and most who came, she would make sure never leave. She was a long octopen which means half human, half octopus. Her tentacles were blood red and her figure was well kept (when you consider the conditions of this place, that's impressive.) She had a shell necklace which allowed her to store souls, voices, and essences inside and was often used in her magic deals with merfolk.

She was once the advisor to the king Hakoda and queen Kya when Katara and her sisters (and brother) were all small children. That is, she was until the day those two upstarts (Lan and Match) came to the castle and managed to foil her plans. Azula was going to originally start up a rebellion against the king in queen in which she would have them both assassinated, of course the only one she managed to kill was the king before she herself was caught by the two upstarts.

She was then banished for her actions, and most hoped she would die in the wastes, but Azula's magic and her firebending were too strong and she survived. She even managed to gain a home during the incident with the eel people. (When Katara met with the princess of the eel-people and became her prisoner until she managed to escape.) Since then, she has done many things to gain the crown from Kya, however every little thing she tried was foiled but she still schemes, and waits for the proper time to arrive.

Today something interesting popped up, it was Kya's youngest wandering in Azula's land. Oh how she loathed the girl; she oh so very often got in her way of her plans back then; her plans could have worked if it wasn't for her. What did make her happy however was the careless attitude she had and it often got her in trouble. Today it seemed she missed the all important concert that her dear mommy was holding.

"Yes… hurry home princess, we wouldn't miss old mommy's celebration now would we. HMPH! Celebration indeed, hehe; BAH!"

She then began to prattle on about the good times she had back in the palace as she was about to dine on some living shrimp.

"In my day, we had fantastical feasts, when I lived in the palace. There were grand balls where I would attract the finest merman or octopen with my looks. And the privacy I had to do what I wanted was just wondrous."

She threw the shrimp in her mouth and chewed savagely as she began to exaggerate some more to herself.

"Now, look at me; wasted away into practically nothing. Banished, and exiled, and practically starving, while she and her flimsy fish folk celebrate."

She then slinked out of her shell throne and began to swim towards the cauldron and then made an image of queen Kya appear and started strangling it.

"Well just you wait Kya, soon I'll give you something to celebrate soon enough."

Then when she was done strangling the image, she threw it into the cauldron where it blew up. She then took a gander at the image of Katara and her friends dully when suddenly her eyes bulged out. Then she got a slick grin on her face and called to her minions from the cauldron.

"MAI! TY LEE!"

From their location, Mai hit her head on to the ceiling of the little alcove the hid in. Ty Lee started giggling until Mai threatened her with her evil eye (the white one) so she shut up quickly. Mai then asked her mistress for her orders while rubbing her head,

"Yes mistress, what is it you command."

"I want you to keep a close watch on that pretty little daughter of Kya's and report everything she does. Even though she has been a thorn at my side, she did manage to aid me in some of my schemes before. Get to work!"

Mai and Ty Lee complied and began to follow the group. Mai was happy because something interesting was going to happen for once and Ty Lee was happy because she was going to have someone to play with.

Back in Azula's lair, she called upon the two other minions she had.

"SPARK! FLAME!"

Thus in a bolt of lightning came a dark two legged figure that resembled Lan appeared, and out of flame came another figure that resembled Match. The difference between them was that Spark had a cap and Flame had a cloak which hid his facial features aside from his sunglasses. They looked up at Azula with dark eyes of hate and spoke in unison.

"Yes mistress."

"I have a plan for this youngling of Kya and I want you two to go with Mai and Ty Lee to mask their magical scent from those positive counterparts of yours."

"Understood mistress."

And with that Azula looked in her cauldron and brought up small images of Katara and Kya and looked at them fiendishly. The images cowered in Azula's presence as she grabbed both of them by the waists as they struggled to get free.

"Soon Kya, your time is coming and your daughter is going to help me make it come faster."

She danced with Kya and Katara in her arms squeezing the life out of the images with gleeful and wicked laughter. With the flicked of a tentacle she then projected the images of Lan and Match coming to their rescue.

"Those two fools will fall before my might!"

She grabbed the two other images with her tentacles and they found they were helpless to do anything. She placed all of the images on the cauldron where chains held them tight.

"And in the end, the one with the last laugh will be me!"

Then she used magic to have the images melting in agony in front of her, raising their hands and begging for forgiveness as she smiled wickedly and laughed as each image became a rotting corpse before her eyes.

___

In this chapter, you could see that I was experimenting with giving the narrator a personality, but instead I made him seem twice as annoying by doing so.

Also another thing this chapter presented was a lot of inconsistencies and plot holes for the later part of the story as I had changed my mind of what the story was going to be.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The Little WaterBender: The Sunken Ship and Dark Eyes

We shall take our direction away from the bright land of Atlantica and head to the darker parts of the ocean. Just seven kilometers away from Atlantica laid one of the darkest places of the ocean. This place was guarded and ruled by the sea witch Azula after her banishment, and any merfolk who comes here would make sure to come and go with haste. This place was usually never visited casually by anyone, except one.

In a ship graveyard, a dark skinned mermaid was holding onto the mast of an ancient ship. She is the heroine of this story, for she was the Queen's daughter, Katara. She was beautiful both within and outside as she was known throughout the kingdom as a saint and a fool.

Her carefree behavior also gives g an interest in humans, their lands also intrigued her and the more her mother or Match tried to deny her of her interests, the harder she tried to meet her desires.

Today Katara was out on another one of her adventures. She often left the palace to go exploring throughout the seas where she would discover many human objects. She would then hide the objects in a small grotto where she would marvel at them for hours. She often got scolded by her brother and mother for missing rehearsals because of this however she didn't care much. No one knew about the location of the grotto except her two friends and her body guard.

"Katara wait up."

Katara then turned her head to look at her friends coming up from behind her.

"Guys, hurry up."

From behind her came some of the few people who were friends with her. One was a dark haired mermaid named Toph, she wore her hair in a bob and was a bit shorter than Katara. She was blind by birth but she had more sight than most merpeople in the kingdom ever did as she trained herself in arts beyond normal earth bender's understanding. She lived in the palace with Katara because her family members are descendants to the Earth benders who had originally constructed the palace long ago so she was the first person Katara would talk to.

Another mermaid there was called Suki. She was only slightly taller than Katara and had brown hair that was short. She was a student in the arts of the Kyoshi warriors; they are the second to elite guard in the palace however she lived in the training grounds outside of it.

The third person coming up was not a mermaid, but a man. A human man with two legs and his name was Lan. He had a very long but square like nose that was his most notable feature. He was Katara's bodyguard, and assigned by his brother (Match) to protect Katara. Although, unlike his brother he would let her go on adventures because he understood Katara's dreams and wanted her to be free. Of course sometimes she asks him to tell her about humans, but can't tell her much since most of the things he knew were ordinary and would make her ideas on humans change for the most part (for example, if he tells her a rolling pin was meant for cooking rather than being used as a toy, it would be a sprit breaker.)

Like his brother, he had a special power and that was the Destiny Stone of Thor, which gave him power to manipulate lightning and breathe underwater like his brother.

Toph then started complaining to Katara.

"Can you slow down Katara, you shouldn't go to far alone in this place."

Of course Katara wasn't really paying attention to Toph as much as she was paying attention to this new wonder for her.

"There it is."

There it was indeed. What Katara happened to be pointing at was a great ship; it was met with the same fate as many of the ships in this graveyard during a horrible war that ensued ten years ago. Now all that was left of these great fleets were rotting iron husks that laid there with nothing but junk, skeletons, and bad memories. Of course to this mermaid, this place was just one big treasure chest.

"Come on let's go."

And with that Katara took off to the ship and the others began to follow suite. The ships creaked and wailed around them. Some ships held the souls of their lost crew within, but of course Katara wasn't afraid of that as she approached her target. When she got to a porthole she gave instructions to Lan.

"Lan, can you stay here? We need someone to watch for sharks if any come."

Lan gave a hearty salute to her and assured her that he would do his job,

"Yes, Katara, no shark is getting through me as far as I am concerned."

With that, the three mermaids went inside the porthole, but Suki got a little stuck.

"Mmph, guys help, I'm kinda *grunt* stuck."

(That's what I said…) Anyways Katara and Toph began pulling from the inside, while Lan started pushing from the outside. Toph of course did some complaining.

"Suki you gotta get you figure in check, this is getting harder everyday."

Finally they had managed to get Suki inside after Lan gave a strong charge into her.

The inside of the ship was dark and forbearing as the iron creaked and groaned. The darkness seemed to swallow nearly the entire ship, with heavy and unknown horrors could lurk inside. However, the darkness seemed a little illuminated by Katara's adventurous spirit. While she went looking for things to collect, Toph and Suki looked around the ship. Suki looked at a mirror and started making faces in it, while Toph grabbed a doll that was near the skeleton of a little girl and handed to Katara.

"What do you think this is?"

Katara looked at the doll with amusement. It was a well crafted one, I can tell you that. Its hair was well placed and each thread of it was made with love. The face was an adorable button face with stitches for a mouth. Aside from a bit of age, the doll was in great condition, you could stare at it for hours and see how much love was put into it and how much love was put into caring it. Katara then looked at the skeleton of the little girl with a sullen face. The skeleton, despite having no ability to make emotions had an aura of sadness and anxiety around it. Katara then responded to Toph.

"I don't really know, but I bet Aang and Jet will know."

She put the doll in her bag and continued to look for things to collect inside the dank ship.

Outside the ship, Lan had decided to fall asleep on the job. He was incredibly tired from an all-nighter yesterday and was trying to get some shut eye. Unknown to him, there was a dark and menacing presence in the air, it was a shark, his name was Glut and he had been following the group. There were situations where Glut ran into our group before and intended to make lunch out of them, but usually it landed him injuries.

He had intended to eat Lan, but then had a memory of a situation when Lan beat him like a punching bag so he steered clear of him, but looked for where the other three might be.

When the first floor had been all but scoped out they began looking for a way to the second floor. Toph was the only one who wasn't looking however.

"You know if you want to reach the second floor, there is an easier way to find it."

The other two looked at Toph in confusion as she banged on the wall with the back of her fist and then the ceiling suddenly crumbled down. Katara and Suki chuckled at this and Suki gave a remark to her.

"That's our Toph, the girl of action."

Toph smiled at the compliment and the three mermaids swam above with Katara being the first.

Lan was still fast asleep outside even though the noise was quite loud. (The bum doesn't wake up unless you address him while he's sleeping.) However, Glut heard the noise quite clear and gave a blood thirsty grin as he went to the nearest window to that noise.

Surprisingly, the girls managed to reach the captain's quarters and the first thing that Katara noticed was the fork in the middle.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Have you seen anything more wonderful in your entire life?"

Toph went up to her and gave a sly joke with a hearty grin on her face.

"I think it looks perfect."

The three laughed once more at this, when suddenly Glut had passed by the window. Now, Toph with her advanced hearing and eerie ability to sense auras stopped laughing and turned around.

"What was that?"

The other two stopped laughing and began searching the quarters for more things while Toph looked through the window. Katara picked up what seemed to be a pipe and was examining it with Suki. Toph then looked towards them and tried to address caution but Katara assured her that nothing was wrong.

"Guys, I don't like this."

"Toph, relax, nothing is going to happen."

Just then Glut was out in the window opening his mouth as he went for the kill. When he suddenly bit down, Toph got away in time.

"SHARK! Katara, Suki, SWIM!"

The three mermaids began swimming through the room away from Glut's jaws. Toph then bended the metal to form a shield, however Glut broke through it easily as this metal was old and rusted from being in the water too long. Katara then attempted some waterbending to blow him away and it managed to push him back a bit so they could get some room to find the exit. They moved down back to the first floor and thought they had managed to escape Glut but suddenly he came down from the ceiling and nearly swallowed Suki and Katara but they managed to get out his mouth before he bit down.

Katara screamed out for Lan to come but was met with not much response. Outside, Lan was feeling a little drowsy when he heard the screaming and was slowly waking up. Suddenly, Suki popped in front of him and scared the living daylights out of him. Suki however was not amused because she got stuck again at a real bad time.

"You idiot! There's a shark chasing uAhh."

Suki couldn't finish her sentence as she was pushed out the ship with Katara and Toph following suite. Lan was kind of confused and panicked a bit.

"Shark? Shark? Where?"

Then Glut broke through the wall and zoomed past him.

"OH NUTS! OH NUTS! OH NUTS!"

Lan then made chase for the girls with great haste as Glut closed in on them. They traveled through zigs and zags in the graveyard when suddenly Toph got stuck to the ropes of a ship. The others tried to free her but it was not in time, Glut was closing in faster and faster as his jaws widened. Suddenly, before he could bite down the girls, he was pulled backwards and was angry at his captor, until he saw it was Lan.

"What do you think you are doing?…"

Toph managed to get herself untied thanks to Katara untying the ropes without pressure. Suki was cheering Lan on as he was beating Glut to a pulp. The fight was short, as Glut swam away with bruises and cuts all over, Lan taunted him thus.

"Where're ya going you big drip. Come back and fight like a real shark!"

Lan then took off his victory face and looked at Katara with sullen face and began to apologize.

"Look, Katara, I'm sorry I almost got you guys killed; I shouldn't have been sleeping on my duty."

Katara looked at him with those innocent and kind eyes of hers. She knew Lan was always like this and always forgave him for his mishaps because he always managed to get things done despite messing up a bit. In truth, she needed him to protect her friends so she wouldn't have to worry about them so she didn't really cared that he messed up.

"It's alright Lan, I forgive you. Come on, let's go."

The group then took off for the surface, where they to meet their friends, the Fair Duo.

We shall now take your attention to the surface world, it is here that many humans such as yourselves and I live. Now I shall bring your attention to the small rock in the middle of this vast ocean. Here on this rock, lived two particular creatures; they were and Aang and Jet, both of them were fairies from the Air Kingdom who were able to change their size whenever they wanted, much like most of the Fair folk. Now, both of them loved to be by the sea and lived on that rock for most of their days.

Now these two were crack experts on humans and were the source of information for Katara (since Lan doesn't tell her much.) The problem is that they knew next to nothing about human objects, they mostly crashed into human homes and saw the weirdest things happen to the objects they saw. They met with Katara when she was 14 years old on one of her journeys and even helped her save Zuko from the clutches of pirates (course, they didn't know it was Zuko they were out to kidnap.)

Aang was playing with his binoculars on his head while singing some silly song. Jet was asleep on the broken crow's nest.

"Mmmm, fourteen-hundred, la de do do. Lum do do, de do do do-"

"Aang! Jet!"

Aang then quickly took off the binoculars but in his haste looked through the wrong side.

"WHOA, MERMAIDS OFF THE PORT BOW!"

This startled Jet very much so he got his foot tangled to a rope and stood up.

"Where?"

"There!", pointed out Aang into the distance and Jet looked and wondered where.

"There?"

Jet looked in the distance Aang pointed his fingers. Aang then put his binoculars down to see that they were actually here.

"Here!"

"Here?"

Jet looked down to see the group and then smiled.

"Oh, there!"

"Not there; here!", replied Aang.

"I meant there, by here!", exclaimed Jet.

"But it's not there!"

"That's what I meant; here!"

"You said there!"

"Oh shut up Aang!"

Aang then shrugged and looked at the group with a surprised but happy grin.

"You know how to get here fast."

Lan face palmed himself, while Suki and Toph chuckled, Katara then placed her bag on the rock.

"Guys, look what we found."

Jet then looked at the bag with excitement; he and Aang enjoyed telling Katara their "knowledge" so Jet sprung into action.

"Human stuff eh? Let me see."

Jet dropped an anchor down so he could get some room to jump down, however as said before his foot was stuck to the rope and thus he was dragged down with it. Jet managed to recover and raced Aang to the bag, Jet was the first one to grab something and that was the fork.

"Wow, this is very special, very strange."

Katara looked so excited to ask what it was and what it did. Lan looked kind of ashamed to see her learning this stuff especially when he knew what everything was. Course, he never showed those two fairies that he was human, cause then they would ask him for answers.

"What, what is it?"

Aang then gave a look of astonishment, wonder, surprise, and idiocy as he said the name for it.

"It's a dinglehopper."

Lan was just dumbfounded right now and never expected these two to reach a new low of silliness.

"Dinglehopper?", said Lan with disbelief in his tone.

Jet then started to explain some more with confidence all over his face.

"Yep, humans use this baby to straighten their hair out."

Jet then started tugging and twirling his hair until it came out spiky like a certain fighting alien I know.

"Just a little turn here and yank there and viola! You see that you get aseptically wonderful hair that humans go nuts for."

He then handed Katara the… you know what? We'll call it a dinglehopper for humor's sake. So Katara then marveled the dinglehopper and slowly put it down so she could ask the two about the doll she had. Suki then grabbed the dinglehopper and started combing her hair with it to see what it was like. Toph herself was also interested, just not as much as Katara so she listened with intent. Lan just shook his head. Aang then picked up the doll and looked at it carefully… or maybe confused (can never tell the difference.)

"Ah yes, this is a doohibbler. Small human females would have these things on their back as a way to see the world with four eyes, sometimes SIX!"

Aang uses his fingers for the situation with four eyes and then jet used his for six.

"Then when they're done with them, they pull out their eyes. Sadly it doesn't work with the bigger females."

Katara looked letdown since she wanted to try using the doohibbler. So she then put it down and Suki (who had finished with the dinglehopper and had her hair organized surprisingly) pointed out the pipe.

"What about that one?"

Then Jet grabbed it at the same time as Aang and they both had the stupidest faces imaginable on them.

"This, we haven't seen this in years, this is WONDERFUL.", said Aang, followed up by Jet, "A branded, bulbous, SNARFBLAT."

The girls looked in wonder (Toph was also wondering what it was, she just couldn't see the details.) Lan just looked disgusted, since his brother smoked, he didn't really like anyone putting light to smoking objects, but since the girls couldn't use it properly he was fine. Aang then ripped the snarfblat out of Jet's hands and started one of the most wackjob explanations ever.

"Now this snarfblat dates back to pre-historical times, when humans used to sit around and stare at each other all day."

Aang then went up close to Katara with his eyes bulging out when he got to the part about staring at each other.

"As you can see, it got very boring. So they invented this snarfblat to make fine music; allow me."

Then Jet butted in,

"No, allow me."

Then the two started arguing of who should play the snarblat first, but then Aang got a good look at the inside of it and then let Jet use it.

"No, after you."

"Thank you, now watch."

Jet then started blowing into it but then found that it was plugged with seaweed and the like. Jet blew to hard in it and when he got air, some of the seaweed went in his mouth. That time was also when Katara and Lan started going pale with realization. Katara winced and began grabbing her stuff.

"Kak, grag! It's stuffed, Aang you set me up!", sputtered Jet as he shook his fist at his partner. Before he could

"MUSIC? Oh the concert! Oh my gosh, my mother's going to kill me!"

"THE CONCERT WAS TODAY! OH NO, MATCH IS GONNA GIVE ME A HOLLERING!"

Toph and Suki weren't happy either, since the Kyoshi Warriors and Toph's family were meant to appear at the festival after the concert. Jet and Aang were mostly looking at the snarfblat, wondering what to do with it since it was plugged up.

"Maybe we could make a little planter out of this?"

Katara then snatched it out of their hands and the group began swimming off.

"I've gotta go; thank you guys!"

Jet and Aang just waved off to her with smiles on their faces.

"Anytime sweetie, anytime!"

As the group was swimming off, they did not notice that they were being watched. For in the darkness laid two dark figures. Eelmaids they were; born from the darkest of magic, and brought to life to serve the purpose of being the spies of their mistress, Azula the Sea Witch. Each one had a body that was half human, but the other part was that of an eel. Their skin was grey and dull, with jagged edges that would make you think of them as undead. The most notable feature was their eyes; each one had a yellow eye used for spying and one white eye that bore evil vision to it. Their names were Ty Lee and Mai.

Mai was the sullen and grim one who never talked much, but was often very bored because of nothing really happening around their land. She liked to have something to do as long as it never was an annoying task. Today she was interested in the new mermaid in the area.

Ty Lee was the happier one she was more prone to crude and adorable mischief which often annoyed Mai. Since Mai has a less than enthusiastic nature, Ty Lee never had anyone to play with except the merfolk to came into their realm. Today she saw someone she wanted to play with very much.

They reflected their vision, to show to those who could not see beyond their own eyes the interesting thing they discovered.

In the dark part of the ocean, laid the grim lair of the sea witch Azula, she was the lord of the land and most who came, she would make sure never leave. She was a long octopen which means half human, half octopus. Her tentacles were blood red and her figure was well kept (when you consider the conditions of this place, that's impressive.) She had a shell necklace which allowed her to store souls, voices, and essences inside and was often used in her magic deals with merfolk.

She was once the advisor to the king Hakoda and queen Kya when Katara and her sisters (and brother) were all small children. That is, she was until the day those two upstarts (Lan and Match) came to the castle and managed to foil her plans. Azula was going to originally start up a rebellion against the king in queen in which she would have them both assassinated, of course the only one she managed to kill was the king before she herself was caught by the two upstarts.

She was then banished for her actions, and most hoped she would die in the wastes, but Azula's magic and her firebending were too strong and she survived. She even managed to gain a home during the incident with the eel people. (When Katara met with the princess of the eel-people and became her prisoner until she managed to escape.) Since then, she has done many things to gain the crown from Kya, however every little thing she tried was foiled but she still schemes, and waits for the proper time to arrive.

Today something interesting popped up, it was Kya's youngest wandering in Azula's land. Oh how she loathed the girl; she oh so very often got in her way of her plans back then; her plans could have worked if it wasn't for her. What did make her happy however was the careless attitude she had and it often got her in trouble. Today it seemed she missed the all important concert that her dear mommy was holding.

"Yes… hurry home princess, we wouldn't miss old mommy's celebration now would we. HMPH! Celebration indeed, hehe; BAH!"

She then began to prattle on about the good times she had back in the palace as she was about to dine on some living shrimp.

"In my day, we had fantastical feasts, when I lived in the palace. There were grand balls where I would attract the finest merman or octopen with my looks. And the privacy I had to do what I wanted was just wondrous."

She threw the shrimp in her mouth and chewed savagely as she began to exaggerate some more to herself.

"Now, look at me; wasted away into practically nothing. Banished, and exiled, and practically starving, while she and her flimsy fish folk celebrate."

She then slinked out of her shell throne and began to swim towards the cauldron and then made an image of queen Kya appear and started strangling it.

"Well just you wait Kya, soon I'll give you something to celebrate soon enough."

Then when she was done strangling the image, she threw it into the cauldron where it blew up. She then took a gander at the image of Katara and her friends dully when suddenly her eyes bulged out. Then she got a slick grin on her face and called to her minions from the cauldron.

"MAI! TY LEE!"

From their location, Mai hit her head on to the ceiling of the little alcove the hid in. Ty Lee started giggling until Mai threatened her with her evil eye (the white one) so she shut up quickly. Mai then asked her mistress for her orders while rubbing her head,

"Yes mistress, what is it you command."

"I want you to keep a close watch on that pretty little daughter of Kya's and report everything she does. Even though she has been a thorn at my side, she did manage to aid me in some of my schemes before. Get to work!"

Mai and Ty Lee complied and began to follow the group. Mai was happy because something interesting was going to happen for once and Ty Lee was happy because she was going to have someone to play with.

Back in Azula's lair, she called upon the two other minions she had.

"SPARK! FLAME!"

Thus in a bolt of lightning came a dark two legged figure that resembled Lan appeared, and out of flame came another figure that resembled Match. The difference between them was that Spark had a cap and Flame had a cloak which hid his facial features aside from his sunglasses. They looked up at Azula with dark eyes of hate and spoke in unison.

"Yes mistress."

"I have a plan for this youngling of Kya and I want you two to go with Mai and Ty Lee to mask their magical scent from those positive counterparts of yours."

"Understood mistress."

And with that Azula looked in her cauldron and brought up small images of Katara and Kya and looked at them fiendishly. The images cowered in Azula's presence as she grabbed both of them by the waists as they struggled to get free.

"Soon Kya, your time is coming and your daughter is going to help me make it come faster."

She danced with Kya and Katara in her arms squeezing the life out of the images with gleeful and wicked laughter. With the flicked of a tentacle she then projected the images of Lan and Match coming to their rescue.

"Those two fools will fall before my might!"

She grabbed the two other images with her tentacles and they found they were helpless to do anything. She placed all of the images on the cauldron where chains held them tight.

"And in the end, the one with the last laugh will be me!"

Then she used magic to have the images melting in agony in front of her, raising their hands and begging for forgiveness as she smiled wickedly and laughed as each image became a rotting corpse before her eyes.

___

In this chapter, you could see that I was experimenting with giving the narrator a personality, but instead I made him seem twice as annoying by doing so.

Also another thing this chapter presented was a lot of inconsistencies and plot holes for the later part of the story as I had changed my mind of what the story was going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom