• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art The Continuum of Fate

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
This is a special story and here's how it works. I post a chapter of the story and then someone else posts another chapter. The first chapter won't be amazing because I have to spend most of it setting the tone and introducing characters. *NOTE* Please keep it serious. Also, keep new characters to a minimum. Only introduce them if they would be crucial to the plot, and try to keep all of the main characters involved. Minor characters that have remained absent for several chapters can be used for plot twists. Have fun.

CHAPTER 1
_________________________ _ _ _ _ _ _

It was a bright and sunny day in the small port town of Clavat. A gentle breeze made the chimes sing, and the sun made the ocean water glisten. As people were scurrying about in the town square and bazaar, the local people were relaxing in thier homes or beneath the shady oak trees. As noon approached, people left the bustling streets to eat thier lunches and drink up the cool summer winds.

Despite all of the relaxing activity in the main part of town, some people were hard at work.

Up in the hills, a class session was being held for the future knights of Clavat. A generic training excersize was under way.

The class star, Iorek Ravenholme, was sparring against the instructor. He wielded his weapon of choice, a slender rapier, with swift precision and accuracy. After several minutes of sparring, he had defeated the instructor.

"Oy, that was some good bladework, lad. You've got that really tight grip, so I could never disarm ye."

Iorek glanced at the instructor and merely nodded, returning to his place among the row of students.

The instructor swept his gaze through the row, eventually settling it upon Dageic Fairchild, one of the laziest knights in training ever.

"Dage! Bring that piece of cardboard you call a sword and get up here!"

Dage unsheathed his sword, a sturdy adamantium claymore, and dragged it and himself up to the sparring ring.

"Students! You've seen how a fight is to be fought! We must all strive to do battle as Iorek does! Now, I will show you what not to do in battle, and Dageic Fairchild will be my example!"

The instructor lifted his wooden practice sword and slashed at Dage with no warning. It made a solid thwack as it made contact with Dage's skull. The poor boy was knocked to the ground, bleeding profusely from his new wound.

"Rule one! Always expect the unexpected!"

Dage got up slowly and swore under his breath. A light draft wafted around him, renewing his spirits.

"Dage! What are you doing? Hurry up and get into position!"

Dage smirked and swung his heavy blade in an overhead arc. The instructor, taken by surprise, moved his sword to block the swing. He managed to block the strike, but the wooden practice sword shattered.

"You idiot! What the hell are you doing", the instructor shouted angrily, tossing aside the ruined sword.

"Always expect the unexpected, dirtbag."

Dage surged forward, swinging his sword with precise movements. He had spent years training in secret, and now it was all going to pay off.

But before the next strike could connect, a sharp pain erupted in his arm. He looked over and saw a brilliant flash of silver, the flash of sunlight reflecting off of a blade. Dage pulled back his strike and turned to face his new foe. His face darkened as he realized that it was none other than Iorek Ravenholme.

(Next person continues.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom