• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Survival of the Fittest

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
*Excuse the long Update.* XD

The main hallway had been full of dragir folk and several soldiers keeping order as well as Pandora's posse, who she had left as guardians knowing that trouble could come to the castle. All of them, soldiers--dragir--and Pandora's posse, were suddenly surprised and scared to see a large serpent-like female entering the castle, surrounded by mighty flaming swords and a host of pig-like creatures.

The soldiers, of course, reacted on instinct, knowing that the serpent being was an enemy. Little soldiers remained after much fighting had been going on those recent days, but the twenty armed soldiers that had been keeping order in the main hall formed up a defensive line that represented a wall.

Medusa and her small army of monsters halted, keeping a safe distance from the soldiers.

"What do we do?" Dan asked his friends.

"We help the soldiers as Pandy ordered," Kenji simply said and moved out toward the soldiers, moving two aside so that he could stand in front of them.

"That guru fool," Alexz mouthed off, upset at seeing his friend go toward the front line. "We will be good behind the soldiers. If they fall we go next, but not up front!"

"No," Koroko also started to move to the front. "The guru fool did well. We must detain the enemy from going on further, even if..."

"Even if what?" PJ flew toward the wind mage.

"Even if that being there appears to be Medusa..."

Dan and Alexz glanced at each other confusingly.

"Medusa?!" Dan shouted. "Are you nuts?"

Koroko did not turn back, rather kept walking toward the soldiers. PJ, who had also shivered at the revelation, landed on the castle floor and hesitated for a bit, his eyes glancing upon the tall serpent lady. She was frightening as she was beautiful. There was no doubt in the Rito's thoughts that the being was Medusa. He walked toward the line of soldiers as well, not knowing what to think of it all.

"I..." Alexz could not take it. "I think I will go find Panda..."

Dan saw him leave, and even though he was scared now and wanted nothing more than to cower and hide, he did not. He gulped hard and then made up his mind that he would stay and help his other friends who had bravely gone to stand near the soldiers in support.

Medusa noticed that behind those soldiers, the dragir were similarly forming up behind them, at least the ones that carried weapons, which were more than half. She was not surprised to see other non-soldier hylians and even a bird taking a stand against her. She smiled when she noticed the fear in them, but she also had to give it to them, they were brave.

"W...ho are you!?" the question came soon. A tall soldier who was a lieutenant had asked it, and the long spear he held was shaking as much as his voice had done so when shouting the question out.

"That does not matter now," the serpent being shouted back, her voice echoing all over the main hall. "What matters is that you have decided to stand against me and will pay for that dearly."

"For the protection of this castle, its king and royal family we will do that and more," the soldier shot right back, making Medusa chuckle.

"Look around you, fool," Medusa's turn to speak came. "Nay, correction, look around you, fools! The monsters you see surrounding me were none other than hylians such as yourselves! They were soldiers of Hyrule and look at them now...so easily defeated by one of my mutation spells. Do you want to end up as them? Or worse?!"

That made many soldiers gasp, others just glanced at each other and others observed the monsters that stood in front of them eager to fight.

"I can easily transform you all into beings such as these...Step out of my way, do not interfere with my passing through and I shall not."

The lieutenant did not know what to respond. He looked nervously around at his companions. That is when Kenji took the lead as he took a few steps forward. "We will go down fighting, wench!" he shouted.

Medusa simply chuckled at the insult and lowered her stare a bit. She scrutinized the hylian and Kenji did not back down. He stood staring back in a defiant way, he even shook his body in a weird way, the guru preparing himself for a fight.

Suddenly Medusa's eyes darted off to the side, as from a doorless opening adjacent to the main hall appeared the king with a host of allies.

Medusa licked her lips and watched as they approached to the front line in a hurry. The soldiers had also taken a notice of their king and the figures that came with him. That brought a huge relief to their faces and murmurs echoed all around. As to Pandora's crew, they were also relieved to see their leader arriving with the king. Alexz was with them as well as Kate of house Manthys, the young dragir was awe struck at what she saw.

Meanwhile, Daphnes Nohansen did not take his stare away from the tall serpent lady as he had made his way to the front, his sword drawn but lowered.
So that's Medusa, he thought. He comfortably pat Kenji's shoulder as he went past him to stand in front of the line. Pandora, Kate Manthys, Yara and Obleg following closely behind, Alexz remained standing next to Koroko, who was chanting in hushed hums.

"You come here uninvited, Medusa," the king spoke as he kept his bluish eyes on her. "I have heard many startling news about you, the greatest one being that you have destroyed one of the stones of balance and the northern hemisphere through it. What is it that you wish to do now. What has the realm of Hyrule done to you to deserve to suffer such a same fate as the northern lands?"

Medusa did not answer, not because she did not want to answer,--she would have loved to address the king--rather because she heard another group approaching at her back. She did not need to turn around to see who they were, a magical necklace she wore told her that it was Mirokth and her group.

The serpent lady turned to regard them, her eyes meeting with those of Mirokth and then Atsuma's.

Atsuma stood proudly beside his queen, glaring at Medusa as she glared back at him. He then noticed Lexi lining up beside him, and Axle and Hazel next to her. Master Brute lined up to Mirokth's right and the host of elite dragir stood at the ready behind them.

Atsuma deterred his glance from Medusa over to Lexi, who showed him a sheepish smile. He did not smile back at her nervously as she had done, rather he just slightly nodded at her, hoping that the nod would let her know that he was also nervous at that time.

His pistol was in his right hand, but pointing down at the floor, Atsuma did not want to show Medusa any threatening gestures. The dragir's dark stare went past the serpent lady, who appeared to be looking at him instead of Mirokth, and settled on Kate of House Manthys, who appeared to have also taken noticed of their arrival. Atsuma thought for a brief moment that he saw her smile at him. He simply stood staring at her, but he had to look back at Medusa when he felt her stare glaring at him profoundly.

"Medusa, this has gone too far," Mirokth was the one who spoke then. "You have destroyed my homeland..my dragir...and now you seek to destroy the rest of the world. I am here to stop you."

"You are here to try," Medusa responded calmly. "So let me tell you something. To all of you!" she turned around and faced the king as she pointed at them all, soldiers, dragir, everyone who was in the room for that matter. "It seems you have managed to form a great group of allies...If you want to fight me, so be it. This castle will go down either way when I am done here."

"Not if we stop you first!" a loud voice was heard, and suddenly, before anyone could begin to wonder where it had come from, two flying figures appeared entering through the castle's main entrance. Medusa turned around and joined the many stares following the two flying beings as they flew all around the main room.

"Din!?" Mirokth shouted, a tone of happiness in her voice. "And Sammy!?" The dragir queen was so happy to see them once again after a very long time. Her heart thudded her chest faster, Mirokth wanting nothing more than to go to them and hug them.

Atsuma, who had met the two goddesses a while ago, just glanced on as the two circled around them. They finally landed off to the right side, a few feet away from Mirokth. They were surrounded by a powerful aura, and that alone made the young dragir ease up a bit. They were not alone in this fight, the two figures that had appeared had come to deal with Medusa as well!

Atsuma noticed that the tallest goddess was glaring into Medusa's own eyes. She grasped at the chain that had been resting on her torso and this one dropped to the floor with loud clanks as it also flared to life with fiery flames. The young dragir trembled in anticipation of a huge battle to come. This was it, he thought, the place where the final battle would take place.

"And so it seems that I have been surrounded," Medusa's voice sounded normal. She chuckled loudly while everyone else just stood waiting. "You know what I call all this? A folly by you lot! Maybe I knew this was going to happen after all. Maybe my plan was to reunite you all here so that I may deal with you all at the same time."

"Either way, all is over, Medusa," Din Akera snapped at her, her chain wanting nothing more than to take action. "The Celestian forces that were suppose to appear and misguide you will be here any moment. Father is not pleased, your plans will be ending here."

"End?" Medusa glanced at her. "No, you see, Din, that is where you are wrong. It is here that my plans for a better world begin. I
will take that stone from you and destroy Hyrule, which would only leave the stone I hold, the survival of the western lands where the furrion used to reside. That will be my realm, and any survivors will be my slaves. Now...to show you all something amusing...let us even up the odds..."

Atsuma stood at the ready, watching as everyone else did. Medusa simply chuckled and closed her eyes at the same time her arms went to the air. Her being glowed into a silver colored aura and the serpents that had made up her hair started to fall off her head. The little critters slid away, making several moblins move out of their way as well as making the king and Mirokth's groups retreat a few steps. In a matter of seconds, the small slithery things began turning into full grown sleechurs. More than a hundred they were, and they seemed enraged that their queen was surrounded by so many foes. Some of the sleechurs took weapons by force, taking them away from the smaller pig-like moblins.

They formed themselves near their queen and waited for her order to attack, if it came to that.

And so now what?
Atsuma thought as it appeared to him that the wind had been sucked out of the room. All was quiet, and everyone was staring at everyone, waiting...waiting...waiting...

Medusa's eyes flared a bit and they went to Atsuma, who noticed her stare.

"You...you traitor!" she shouted at him. "Don't think I am done with you yet. You still have a purpose in all this..." Medusa laughed wickedly and then brought her right arm up, showing the glowing ring in her index finger at him. "You belong to me so long as I hold this precious ring. Now come...obey me..." She tapped the ring with her other hand and the ring shone brighter. "Come to my side...Stand next to me. If I am to do battle with gods, then I need one who can measure up to them now!"

Atsuma felt the strong will to obey. He tried refusing the order but it was no good, Medusa's hold on him was so complete that he started walking away. Lexi reached out to him but he shoved her back roughly without turning to regard her. Lexi fell to the floor, but she quickly was helped up by Axle and Hazel.

"He's being controlled," Axle managed to say, holding Lexi back, who shouted, "No, Atsuma! Don't listen to her!"

Atsuma ignored the calls and stood next to Medusa. A few seconds later he glared back at the dragir group and the Daelden as if he had always hated them. Medusa had plans for him alright...she quickly tapped another ring and spoke an incantation. Seconds later, Atsuma was enveloped in fiery flames that made him look like he was nothing more than a being of pure fire. Even Din Akera and Sammy, who were goddesses of great power, gasped at the transformation.

Medusa laughed wickedly and ordered. "You are ready now, my pet. Kill any who stand in your way, my precious red one. Find the newborn girl, claim the power...."

(Continues)

Last edited by a moderator:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Atsuma heard the order and did not hesitate to begin performing it. He tossed the fairy pistol aside, thinking it useless. The pistol hit the floor hard and slid through it toward the Daelden herself. Mirokth lowered her stare at it as it stopped a few feet in front of her, smoke coming off of it. She could tell it was red hot though as to why it had not melted in the dragir's hand she did not know, though she thought that could be attributed to its magical properties.

Atsuma brought his enchanted blade out, ready to move out and start looking for the newborn. He turned to face the king and the crowd that stood behind him. The dragir knew the child must be somewhere in the castle. The mother was not present, so he believed the king had placed tight security in some room in the castle. He would find that room!

He suddenly flew off toward them, Atsuma's wings spraying fire off to the sides as they flapped. He gained altitude just as the king shouted, "We must not let him get to my daughter. Follow him!"

The soldiers hesitated at first, but then they started moving out as they saw the dragir exiting through the entrance that the king and company had used to get to the main hall.

Behind Medusa, Din Akera took action as well. She told Sammy to fight beside Mirokth while she went after the dragir herself. Sammy nodded and watched her take flight, the flaming chain trailing behind her like an enraged firey serpent.

"Attack!" Medusa shouted then, realizing that she needed to keep the rest folks busy. Her followers, the moblins and sleechurs did just that, they moved out in an attempt to attack any foe that was against them.

Medusa glanced at Mirokth and nodded at her, inviting her to fight. "Come. Let us fight. I want to end this as soon as possible and go after Din."

An arrow sailed at her then, the bald Medusa didn't even pay attention to Sammy's arrow. One of the swords defeated it before it got to her, and besides, had the arrow gone through, the lady was blessed with a steel skin. Several sleechurs were upon Sammy then, but several elite dragir jumped in to confront them.

Mirokth considered the pistol on the ground as all hell broke loose around. No, that was Atsuma's weapon, she quickly thought. Instead, the thunder lady brought out her own thin sword. Master Brute moved in front of her, saying, "Stay back, my queen, we will confront Medusa ourselves."

"And you will die at my hands, fool dragir," Medusa shouted right back and laughed. "Come then! Show me what you've got, entertain me for a bit!"

Master Brute ordered five elites to follow him, the rest he left to protect the Daelden and the young dragir.

As to Lexi, Axle and Hazel, they had to react as well soon after as several moblins and sleechurs headed their way.

"My magic will is returning," Lexi shouted. "But I need more time if I am to fire off big magic..."

"Then stand back," Axle stepped in front of her. "Guard that pistol if you can, we will keep you guarded."

"And what about Atsuma?" Hazel questioned as a mighty sword came down upon her. The wily young dragir easily deflected the sleechur's attack with her own sword.

"He'll be fine," Axle lied, for there was nothing else he could say at the moment. "Just fight, keep yourself alive."

Her heart beating fast, Hazel understood that Axle was right. She defended herself from the strikes of the sleechur and even used her wings to fly away when that tail came whipping about.

Axle was the most daring one. With a mighty scream he rushed toward a sleechur and quickly put an end to his life by jumping up and driving the glaive into its torso. Down came the dragir and waved the mighty lance around. Two moblins rushed away from him, for they had no weapons! Two sleechurs, though, enraged at the loss of one of their kin, went after him, and Axle did not back down, rather rushed one of them as they came at him.

Lexi watched as the two young dragirs confronted the monsters. Her eyes went to the pistol, which still was red hot. She met with the Daelden's eyes and she nodded at her, giving her permission to pick the weapon up. Lexi called forth a magical spell that would shield her hand from getting burned, or even feel the heat at all. She went toward the pistol and picked it up with ease, though it was heavy. The pistol's magical gem changed from a red hue to a light yellowish glow, for it was now in her hands and not Atsuma's.

"Use it if you must," Mirokth shouted at her and then went on to help Axle and Hazel. Ten dragir followed her closely and the battle was on.

"Protect the king!" Pandora shouted at her crew, though all of them had their hands full at the moment, sleechurs and moblins pressuring them from many fronts. The good thing was that many of the monsters had no weapons to fight with, but the sleechurs were using their long serpent tails well, tossing soldiers away and picking up the weapons some of them dropped.

Koroko unleashed a spell he had been working on since a while ago. It was his own blessing, a protective spell for all allies that were near him. whoever was hit with the spell felt a rush of air within them. Happy for delivering it, the mage proceeded to call forth his low-ranked magic, gusts of winds that he sent against enemies that attempted to come near him. Small tornado-like gusts would send the moblins and sleechurs staggering back.

Kenji found himself in the midst of battle, dancing his way from opponent to opponent, punching them hard and moving on to the next victim. At one time a sleechur sent him flying away with its tail, only to have Kenji get up and come back with more fury. As to Dan, Alexz and PJ, they fought beside their friends mostly, sword, Axe and claws fighting back.

The king found himself fighting off a nasty sleechur, a creature he had not confronted before. But with Pandora at his side, Daphnes Nohansen fared well despite his age and his form.

Medusa found herself surrounded by the bald dragir and his elite force of five. The flaming swords all around Medusa defended her as the dragir attempted to cut her down. Master Brute and several other dragir even attempted to come at her as they flew, but the swords would follow their movement and keep them at bay.

While the swords worked to protect her from harm, Medusa decided to prepare another spell. A ball of lightning suddenly appeared in her hand and she tossed it against Sammy, who saw it coming and avoided it by flying away to the side. The ball of lightning fled past and on to hit the wall, bringing it down to rubble.

With her heart broken, Sammy realized Medusa was no ally at all. Though that was true, the goddess did not use her bow against her, instead she used it to bring down the host of monsters that were crawling all around them. The bow was a powerful thing, so were the arrows it fired. When Sammy connected against her first target, a moblin was sent away several feet through the air to sprawl against the white wall to the right. Another moblin followed next as Sammy kept a watchful eye on her sister Medusa. She appeared to be preparing another spell, this one a huge ball that appeared both light and dark, and Medusa was already lifting it up high above her own self.

(continues)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Atsuma soon found his way to the large room where he had confronted hylian soldiers during his mission. He flew up to the balcony room in a flash, and just as he was about to enter through the entrance that would lead him to the hallway where lady Cleo's room was located the dragir saw that one of the goddesses had come after him.

He stopped and hovered in mid air just a few feet away from the entrance, his eyes staring at the goddess.

Din also stopped and hovered, noticing that the dragir had taken notice of her. She grasped her burning chain tightly, fearing that they would do battle in that very room. They considered each other for a few seconds, then it was Atsuma who spoke. "You should mind your business and stay out of my way, lest you want to be cut down right here and right now."

Din cursed under her breath, knowing fully that the dragir was being manipulated by Medusa. She hated the idea to go to battle with him and perhaps hurt him. The goddess knew he had stood against Medusa just moments ago, and now here he was, threatening to find the baby and claim the power of the tri force while under the influence of Medusa.

What mysteries did the power of the tri force truly possess, Din wondered as she kept her cool in front of the burning being that hovered ten or so feet away from her, his fat blade in his right hand.

"We don't have to do this," Din started to say but was shaking her head in the end, she knew the dragir would not listen to reason, not while he wasn't his own self. Atsuma lifted the sword up and pointed it at her but did nothing else other than stare, a sign as a warning to her that he would cut her down if she came at him, Din speculated. She took notice of the blade then and noticed that it was Medusa's own. She slightly shifted in mid air, troubled by the power of the sword that the young dragir had.

Atsuma had other thoughts, his order had been clear. He was to find the newborn and cut any who got in his way. He ignored the goddess, twisted his entire being to the right and flew through the opening, eager to get to the room. If the goddess was stupid enough to go against him he would not hesitate to go to battle with her.

Din gasped as she saw him leave. Now that she had an extra few seconds by herself, she called upon a magical spell to shield her from Medusa's blade should she get hit with it. She knew what that blade could do, had seen Medusa use it many times to turn foes to stone or to cut them down.

While she hovered there, Din also doubted she would infuse any damage to the dragir with her fire whip. Medusa had done well to protect him, though Din wondered how long that spell would last. She took a deep breath and knew that if Mosley was watching, he'd be urging her to go on. Gods did not back down from any kind of challenge, never had. Din flew toward the entrance as well.

The room was empty. Atsuma had known it all along when he had entered the hallway and saw no soldiers standing guard there. He looked around the room and though he was under Medusa's hold, the dragir could still remember what had happened there with him and Ganondorf. He noticed that a pinkish magical barrier kept the two blasted holes on the wall covered. Just then, he turned around and saw the red haired goddess entering the room as well, her chain at ease as she landed on the floor.

Din Akera seemed as puzzled as Atsuma was. There was no one there except them two.

Needing to move on and search elsewhere, Atsuma levitated using his wings and then started for the door, but Din Akera was not going to let him leave. She hovered up as well and started whirling the chain above her head, flames sailing everywhere. Some flames hit Atsuma but he just absorbed them, for he was, in fact, pure fire at the moment.

"Fool," he shouted and rushed to meet the goddess, who had stood in his way. As he flew towards her, Atsuma grasped his main weapon with both hands and let the blade's sharp tip lead the way, thinking to skewer the goddess in one foul attempt and be done with her.

(continues)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Din was well trained, and so she flew away toward the wall that Ganondorf had blasted when he had made his appearance. The dragir spun in mid air, anticipating that very move, and upon seeing the flaming chain coming directly at him, the dragir used his blade to swat it aside. Din rolled to the side and came to stand near the bed, while Atsuma turned her way. She snapped the chain back on to herself, whirled it expertly and let it go against the dragir once again, the goddess having a good plan in mind. The room was not big, so if she could manage to wrap her chain around the sword, she could hopefully disarm the dragir and put him on a disadvantage.

Her chain struck the dragir, sending him back a few feet through the air, but the flames did no damage to him, rather angered him.

Atsuma landed on the floor, keeping himself leveled with his opponent. The goddess did not move from her position, she simply recoiled her chain again and whirled it in front of her. She sent it toward the dragir again, this time Atsuma jumped off to the left, avoiding it all together. In came the dragir with his blade, shifting it to his left hand as he went in, knowing that Din would go right, for to the left there stood the wall where Ganondorf had exited via fairy gun. Din jumped away as the dragir anticipated, she landed on top of the bed, the goddess pulling the chain back as she did. Atsuma managed to clip her left calf with his free right hand as she had jumped away, but luckily for Din, she was wearing silver padding, and so the flames of Atsuma's punch did no real damage to her other than feel the impact. She nodded slightly, knowing that he was fast. Off jumped Din from the bed to land on the other side, while Atsuma was already flying toward her, blade back in his right hand and leading the way.

She rolled off to her left just to avoid his nasty downward slice that would have taken her head off cleanly. The dragir stopped when he noticed Din safely rolling away. He landed on the floor and punched the wall to his right, just for show, leaving it cracked.

Din was already up, her thoughts letting her know that this was shaping up to be one good battle.

She took a deep breath to steady herself, for the flames from her whip and that heat that radiated from Atsuma had made her feel hot and had made her sweat.

She grabbed the ends of her chain with both hands and considered the dragir, but Atsuma had no considering to do. He went after her again, but Din was out of the way before he even got there with that nasty blade. Atsuma felt the chain hitting him on the back, for as she had gotten out of the way, Din had let the chain go full force against him. Had the dragir not had the lady's blessing nor the fire skin, he would of had lost his wings to that hit.

Enraged, the dragir did not stop, rather went after the goddess, thinking to grab her and burn her with his burning body. Would she be able to withstand an attack like that?

Din saw the intention clearly, so she flew away from him, choosing to get the heck out of the small room and head for a bigger area. Atsuma followed her, beating his wings furiously and spraying flames all over the place.

(continues)

Medusa's spell was aimed to turn everyone into ugly monsters, the serpent lady had grown tired of fooling around. The spell would of had ended the scuffle had it not been for Lexi, who had fired the fairy pistol at Medusa, causing her to lose concentration. The fairy pistol had fired off a ball of electricity, which hit two of the swords that had protected her but nothing else.

An angry Medusa turned her attention to the dragir, and she scowled at her. Medusa slid away toward her, the swords keeping up with her movements in a well coordinated movement.

"After her," Master Brute ordered, and he and his elites went after her. Medusa grabbed the two swords keeping guard in front of her, and Lexi gasped and moved away, for the tall being was coming in fast.

Mirokth came out of nowhere and intercepted her, and Medusa stopped to consider her. "You wish to fight me?"

"I wish to stop you," Mirokth responded.

Medusa chuckled and said at the same time she brought her swords down upon Mirokth, "Impossible."

The blades met and the thunder lady did not back down.

Master Brute felt enraged when he saw two of his elites go down to the flaming blades that protected the queen of the sleechurs. Thinking to find an opening while Medusa was distracted, the bald dragir came in fast from the back, but Medusa sensed him and used her tail to whip the bald dragir way to the back, sending him to land near two other sleechurs who did not hesitate to come at him while he was on the floor gasping for air, for the hit had been strong.

Alexz' mighty axe cut down one of the sleechurs, and Dan rushed to protect the fallen dragir from the other one, small sword leading in against the unarmed sleechur. The tail came whipping around, but Dan avoided it by jumping, and he smiled as he did that, for unarmed sleechurs had just that nasty tail as a weapon and could easily be avoided.

Master Brute stood up again a few seconds later, helped up by the king himself, who had gone to him. Master Brute, feeling his breath fully once again and feeling like a total dope, thanked the king with a nod and a slight smile. The dragir knew that unthinking actions like the one he had just taken had cost him in the past. His missing horn was proof, and many unseen scars under his armor.

The dragir composed himself and looked around, helping those that he thought needed his help. He would of had gone after Medusa and help his Daelden out, but he noticed that several elite dragirs had rushed to help her out, keeping those nasty flaming blades busy.

Lexi used the pistol to drive a sleechur away from her, and she noticed then that the fight was going evenly. Many bodies lay on the floor all around, both from allies and foes. She glanced about desperately, not knowing who to help then. And just then, as swords clashed and shouts of pain and death echoed all around her, she remembered about Atsuma. She thought about running toward the entrance in an attempt to go look for him. Noticing that nobody was paying her any mind, she rushed toward the entrance, wanting nothing more than to find her dear friend.

(continues)

Last edited by a moderator:

Din Akera

Sniper
o.o:O:D!! Oh snap!! Din is here!! whooooo!
*Waits very impatiently for more!!*

I didn't see any typos. A couple punctuation errors, but nothing major to worry about. Good job Atty!

Edit: I saw one typo in the new addition of the fight scene
"Din saw the intention clearly, so she flew away from her, choosing to get the heck out of the small room and head for a bigger area."

Din saw the intention clearly, so she flew away from him, choosing to get the heck out of the small room and head for a bigger area.

Love the fight scene!

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
YES! Sammy is so awesome!!! keep up the good work. :D

Thank you Vatti. :P

Well, well. Great work. Took me some time to catch up on that, lol. Really good story, Thing. Looking forward to the rest!

Thanks for reading as well. And I am sorry to announce that I am not going to be doing much more description with the big battles. I just want to finish this now and get it over with. Every time I've said that the story just keeps on getting away from me, meaning that I have to keep on writing. So no, you wont be seeing not too many details from now on, and expect this one to end today, I want to start working on the other one, that is why.

The dragir and the goddess continued their battle shortly after. They engaged first on the balcony, then after unable to hurt each other there they took it to the large room below.

All Din Akera could do at that time was keep fighting in a defensive way, the dragir was doing all the attacking. Her mighty flaming chain worked wonders to keep him away, and though Din could not hurt him simply because he was enveloped in fire, the goddess was thankful that at least the hits she managed to land on him were able to slow him down.

A few minutes later, Lexi Xinn peered in through the opening on the wall and saw the goddess and Atsuma going at it. She was witness to Din's chain move on Atsuma, which made the dragir lose his sword. The goddess had managed to tighten her chain around his blade and had pulled it off his hands. The sword fell far away with a clank, close to Lexi Xinn, who glanced at the sword as it laid on the floor.

Having lost his sword, however, did not stop him from attacking. Atsuma went after Din with bare hands, punching her, attempting to land a hit.

Expertly, Din retreated and used her chain when possible to hit the flaming dragir. At one time, though, the goddess also lost her weapon to him. Atsuma managed to grab a hold of the chain, and he pulled it away from Din.

Din was surprised after losing her chain to him, and she rose an eyebrow when the dragir simply considered the flaming chain and then tossed it away as if it was something of no real value. The chain landed hard on the floor, and its flames died out.

Atsuma went after the goddess again, and Din had to make sure she protected the balance stone from getting hit, for Atsuma was actually now able to land his punches on her every now and then.

Seeing that the goddess was in trouble, Lexi decided to help in some way. She knew she would never fire the fairy pistol at him, so she went for something else. "Atsuma!" she shouted, trying to distract him.

The dragir did turn but only briefly, his thoughts were on the goddess at the moment, he had to get rid of her, kill her, for she had gotten in his way.

A well placed punch from him on Din's torso sent Din staggering back, feeling the dragir's power. Din knew that such power and stamina came from having obtained two of the three marks of the tri force. She tried punching him back, and he let her, absorbing the hits and laughing at the same time. Din received a series of blows from him then, two well placed strong punches on her stomach followed quickly by a rising uppercut that sent the goddess to the floor feeling dizzy as never before...and hurting.

Unable to do anything else, Lexi simply watched from her spot as she shouted her friend's name. Atsuma considered her again but only briefly. He went after the fallen goddess, ready to put an end to her life.

He stood towering over the goddess, just as he was about to reach for her so he could place her back on her feet and deliver a killing blow, something happened.

Over where the main battle raged, Mirokth had miraculously hit the ring that Medusa wore. Mirokth's sword had broken the ring in two pieces, ending Medusa's curse on the dragir.

(Continues)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yes, Hazel, and he's almost free from this story irl as well. :lol: A few more updates should do it. ^^

Most of the monsters had been defeated and now all allies that remained, the few that remained that is, were on to Medusa. Her swords kept her from getting harmed, and the serpent lady was using rapid magic to harm her foes and keep them at bay.

With fire balls and other spells, Medusa managed to lay waste to many allies, but still those that were alive came at her. Pandora and her entire party was alive, so was the king, Sammy, Axle Kimera, Hazel Akinon, Kate Manthys and Mirokth. Master Brute and the many dragir had fallen though, giving their lives to protect the Thunder lady and the younger dragir from Medusa.

Medusa retreated safely away from the king and the rest that remained.

"It is over, Medusa," Mirokth shouted at her, her voice carrying disgust, contempt and sadness. "Just surrender and hand over the stone. Your creatures have been dealt with and father's troops should be here any moment as Din Akera said."

"Over?" Medusa snapped back. "It is not over. It will be over when I say it's over, Mirokth."

Atsuma got to the room then, and he noticed that the fight there was all but ending. Medusa was slowly sliding away from the few battered allies that remained.

A few moments later, Lexi entered through the opening and so did Din.

Medusa caught a glimpse of them from the corner of her eye. She boiled with anger at seeing the two dragir and her sister Din. Knowing that Din carried the stone that kept Hyrule's balance, she decided to go after it and keep her promise.

She summoned up a large white ball that raged with electricity and released it against the castle floor. The ball hit the floor with such force that it blew a huge hole where it hit, and the rest started to crack, making the allies retreat.

Soon there was a big hole dividing the floor, but not only that, there was also an invisible barrier over it. And so Medusa knew that she at least would get to go after Din without the others being involved. She was not too concerned with Atsuma nor the other dragir that stood at his side, they were small fries, Din was the one she would go after, for she had the stone.

"Atsuma, you must find and protect lady Cleo and the baby," suddenly Yara's voice echoed all over the room. "do it for the king."

"Go!" Din Akera spoke from behind them, her chain back in her hands and aflame. "I will deal with my sister! If you are to find the babe, you will know what to do next , Atsuma...Trust me."

Atsuma heard her but did not understand anything of it. But he knew she was right, so he nodded at her.

"You are a powerful warrior," Din told him as she noticed Medusa sliding toward them, the swords keeping up with her. "I would have been proud to have died at your hands...but I didn't, and so I will live on...I will keep my sister at bay for as long as I can. You go with him!" she glanced at Lexi, who nodded right away. "You two must survive all this!"

Atsuma glanced at Lexi and simply took her by her hand. "Come, then, let us be off."

Lexi, knowing that Atsuma needed her, did not hesitate but followed him on. Before exiting through the opening, both dragir turned to regard the allies at the other end of the room, who watched them on. Neither did Lexi nor Atsuma know that it would be the last time they saw any of them.

(Continues)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Everyone dies? lolz, just read on and find out, it's not long now before it ends.

They searched frantically for about fifteen minutes. The castle was huge, and they still have several areas to visit.

But, as they were passing through an area, for a moment the ground started to rumble and the walls of the castle around them shook violently.

"What the..." Lexi stopped and so did Atsuma, seeming as confused as the mage. The walls trembled and the ground underneath did so as well, but not to disastrous proportions.

"Wait..." Atsuma glanced around at the white walls and thought he remembered something. "I think the room should be around here."

"What makes you believe that?"

"When I was battling Ganondorf, the castle at Dragiria shook violently...it's as if the power of the tri force acts this way. I think its force acts this way when its parts are close to each other."

"Maybe you are right...come on, let us figure it out. If you are right, the room that conceals them should be around here somewhere."

They searched the surrounding area and found out that there was nothing but walls around them. However, Lexi noticed that one contained slightly differences from the others. "Hey, look here," she said. Atsuma, hearing her, went to her, and as he did the trembling grew in power.

"The mother and child must be behind this...wall." Lexi said.

"Step aside," Atsuma started to retreat. Lexi followed him, knowing what he was about to do.

"If anyone is hiding behind this wall, you better move aside, I am blasting it open!" Atsuma shouted as a warning as he rose the fairy pistol up. "We mean no harm to the king's daughter and her child, we are here to protect them."

"Wait!" a female's voice was heard from behind the stony wall. "Don't do anything drastic, I am coming out. I am lady Cleo, I recognize your voice..."

Atsuma lowered the pistol immediately. He glanced at Lexi, who shrugged, and then back at the wall.

The wall slid open to either side, revealing a group of well armed soldiers and the king's daughter behind them holding the newborn, who was wide awake.

Atsuma smiled at them, and upon glancing over at Lexi, he realized she was not smiling, so he gave her a quick elbow on the side. "Smile, we don't want to look that scary..."

"Lady Cleo is not afraid of us anymore," Lexi explained. But she smiled nonetheless as the soldiers led the way for the king's daughter.

Every step lady Cleo took closer to the two dragir made the trembling rise in power, so much it grew that the walls all around and the floor began to crack harshly, alarming everyone there.

The soldiers stopped, afraid of what was going on.

"It is alright," Atsuma rushed toward the beautiful hylian princess, and as he did, the power of the trembling rose to new heights. "I need to hold the child for one instant and everything will be right...."

"Wait....Why?" Lady Cleo wanted to know, and she even took a step from the dragir. The mage dragir rushed to Atsuma's side.

"It is suppose to be this way," Lexi spoke, trying to pacify the hylian girl. "Let him hold the child, it will be alright, Atsuma wouldn't hurt a fly."

Lady Cleo stood staring at them, the soldiers just standing there at the ready, weapons drawn out.

"Look!" Atsuma revealed the mark on the crest of his wrist. "I bare same markings as your daughter. For the good of Hyrule and this world, I must have the child. Everything will be alright..."

"H...How do you know everything will be alright?" lady Cleo stammered, taking another step away. "No, this is my child...I don't want to part with it."

Atsuma took a step toward her, but one of the soldiers made him stop when he placed his blade at Atsuma's throat. "Don't. I will do it if you move! Lady Cleo was entrusted to us."

"I mean no harm," Atsuma tried to explain. "If you want your realm to survive...or this world to remain...I must hold her..."

"He does!" Lexi assisted. "Or we all die!"

Lady Cleo hesitated, but she knew that the dragir really meant no harm to her nor the baby. He had rescued them both days ago! She told the soldier to remove the blade from the dragir's throat, and he did just that.

"Fine," lady Cleo resigned herself. She slowly brought the baby in front of her. With outstretched arms she offered it to Atsuma.

Atsuma glanced at Lexi, his inner self trembling and feeling as nervous as never before. What would happen if he held the child in his arms? Would he acquire the great power of the tri force and get the wish Ganondorf had told him about?

He wasn't sure of what was going to happen, but he reached out timidly for Lexi's hand and grabbed it and held it tightly clutched with his left hand. Lexi knew why the dragir had done that. He was scared, unsure and wanted her for support with whatever was going to happen. A great deal happened between the two of them in those moments. Lexi smiled at him to calm him down. He smiled back and offered her the fairy pistol, which he held in his right hand.

Lexi took the weapon from him right away. Atsuma glanced upon the baby then, his free right arm moving toward it, intending to take the baby from its mother.

(continues)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Very dramatic, even if you aren't taking time to describe everything. Great job!!!

Um thanks for reading, Vatti, but yeah, I am rushing it, just wanting to get it over with and move on. XD

Well, well. Awesome near-to-end, but doesn't the kid have to be killed by Atsuma to give her part?

Tetra, Killed? No, not in this one. Remember something: Tetra is the King's descendant, so Tetra lives because she has to appear in WW. XD
And so since Atsuma is kind at heart, he does not have to kill her to obtain the tri force's full power. Ganon though, he is always a meanie lol, so he would always play that part...you know, the killing part. XD Hope I explained myself lol. (Two more updates should do it)

Din Akera was doing all she could to defeat Medusa. Using her flamed chain whip and a little bit of magic the goddess was able to withstand Medusa's attacks.

Not only did the eight flaming swords keep her on the run, but Medusa was also sending magical charges her way. Din had an advantage over the serpent lady, and that was her pair of wings, which she used to fly around.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the barrier, Mirokth, Koroko and the two Zora were doing all they could to break the magical barrier that Medusa had set up to keep them out of the fight.

"Come on!" Pandora frantically urged her mage on. "Give it all your best, Koroko."

Koroko had his arms extended, his eyes closed and his concentration was deep. The same could be said about the two Zora, though as to Mirokth, she was using her sword to slash at the magical barrier, which depleted its power with every hit.

All the king and the other non magical combatants could do was wait.

"Even if they do manage to break the barrier, how are we suppose to get across?" Alexz asked. "The gap is wide and..."

"We have wings, you know?" Axle peeped. "We can fly people over."

Alexz felt stupid then, and he simply nodded at the dragir.
Hazel found the exchange funny, so she managed to chuckle despite how grave the situation was. Kate Manthys elbowed her, though, and she nodded and went silent.

As they waited and watched the fight at the other side of the barrier, none of the remaining allies could begin to imagine that when the barrier would come down so would all the castle, and all Hyrule for that matter.

Medusa was one powerful foe. Din realized that and felt proud of her despite it all. Her magical knowledge was deep, she was witness to that during the phase of the battle, for Medusa kept pounding her with spell after spell.

But Medusa was also losing her magical stamina. Din realized that when no further fire, ice nor acid balls came at her. Rather Medusa simply stared at her from below as she flew around the area of the room.

"Have you run out of magic will, sister?" Din mocked her.

"I might have," Medusa shouted at her. "Come down here and let us settle this face to face. Or is it that the gods of Celestia have forgotten about toe to toe fighting? Has the fool Mosley integrated a new fighting system for god warriors that consists mostly on flying around like a scared bird?"

What Medusa had said felt like a hard slap to Din.

She could pass the insult Medusa had directed to her, but to talk about Mosley in that way was nothing Din would take from anyone.

Down came the goddess to land ten feet away from the tall Medusa, who grinned at her. "Nobody insults Mosley!"

"I just did," Medusa teased her on, her hands reaching over for the two flaming blades that protected her from the front. "Are you going to do something about it?"

That was more than the invitation Din needed. The red haired goddess went after Medusa, her chain spinning with such force that the serpent lady was forced to bring all swords for a block.

The block worked, and as Din was retracting the chain back to her, Medusa laughed evilly and mentally ordered four of her swords to head on over to the goddess and finish her off.

The swords obeyed, four of them leaving her front side and going after the goddess. But Medusa was not one to wait now, she also headed to support the swords.

Din utilized what little magic she had left to defeat the four swords that had come her way. She sent several small ivory balls toward them and the blade's fire suddenly died. The swords also fell hard to the ground with a loud clank and remained there, defeated.

Din nodded to herself as she saw that, for she knew that Medusa could no longer keep the swords obeying, her magical power was very weak now.

"Arghhh!" Medusa shouted in rage at seeing her precious blades on the ground. She could feel her magical powers waning fast. She could only afford to keep a blade going, so she dismissed the other three, these also falling to the ground as the other ones had.

Knowing that her chain whip was also running out of fire power, Din threw it aside and reached for one of the swords that had fallen. It was heavy but she would be able to wield it.

"Come, Medusa, we are equally matched now."

"That matters not to me," Medusa did slide her way. "I will have that stone and destroy it!"

"Then come take it away from me!"

"Fine! I will. And by doing so I will also make you remember just who I am!"

The goddesses clashed then, sword against sword. It went on for several minutes, the goddess trading blow for blow against the raging Medusa. Both managed to inflict several deep cuts on each other but nothing life-threatening.

On the battle raged for a few more minutes, and at that instant, the barrier keeping the allies at bay also went down, and Medusa took her sight away from Din to consider that.

Din also stared to the barrier and noticed that the allies were already mobilizing themselves. Help was coming, the day was won!

But Medusa had one card left to play. When she turned, her eyes were already flaring in a deep red hue, the serpent lady aiming to deliver the fatal stare, an attack she had been saving for the end.

Din noticed Medusa returning her attention to her, so the goddess turned her attention back to her, not knowing what Medusa had in mind.

When her eyes met those of her sister Medusa, Din silently congratulated the crafty, mischievous procedure that would be the end of her forever...

The goddess immediately began to feel her lower

body becoming hard and she knew there would be no escape from that hold.

"A deceiving being to the end, eh?" Din said in all her rage and anguish, tossing her sword aside, for it did not matter now, Medusa had beaten her fair square. Medusa dismissed her own sword, letting it fall to the ground, but that was not the only thing the serpent lady dismissed, she also dismissed her appearance. The ugly being transformed into something else right in front of Din Akera. A blinding light appeared as the transformation took place. Moments later the light vanished and before Din stood a beautiful brown haired young woman, who also sported a pair of nifty dark bird-like wings. She flew Din's way in just a few beats and was upon her in a snap.

"It is the very way I am," Medusa told her, as she grabbed the sack from her. She quickly slid away as her eyes became normal again. She opened the sack and the stone appeared in her hand, shining all the brightly. Medusa also brought the other stone out and glanced at them both, impressed by the very power they contained.

"Noooo!" Sammy was the one who shouted as the she and the dragir were crossing over those others that could not fly. The scene unfolding at the other end had stung her in the heart like a sword stab would have had. Her sister Din was turning to stone, and Medusa had gone back to her real self and had taken the final stone of balance.

The allies were as shocked as the young goddess, but that only made them want to get across and give Medusa, or whoever that being was, all they had left.

Medusa, celebrating her victory, turned to regard them as they crossed on. Fools to the very end, she believed.

The allies landed near the edge but did nothing harshly to infuriate her nor drive her to destroy the stone. Or maybe it was the brilliance lighting that appeared behind Medusa, which she did not notice.

Meanwhile, Din Akera took her last breath before she felt her upper body going stone cold. The petrifying spell kept advancing, but the goddess smiled slightly when she noticed an splendor starting to appear behind Medusa. The celestial army had finally come, and they would do with Medusa what she had failed at: they would stop her and end the madness.

Medusa noted the brilliance behind her a few heartbeats later. She turned to regard the source of the light and knew that the celestials had finally arrived.

She smiled at the large force that appeared. They all wore nifty, shining armor and were armed to the teeth. More than a hundred they numbered, all elites, Medusa noted, including many magical sages.

They might have come after all, but they were too late, Medusa believed. Hyrule would go down with her.

"Stay back!" she shouted at them, holding the stones aloft so that they could take notice of them. "I will crush the stones if you do something silly!"

"Lady Medusa!" the leader of the celestial forces shouted at her in a pleading way as he took several daring steps toward her. "This has gone far enough. Hand over the stones. Mosley will grant you an audience and will parley with you if you do that."

"Fool celestians," Medusa shouted back at the squad's leader. "My decision was made a long time ago. I am not returning to Celestia. I will rather see this world destroyed before thinking about returning there."

At that instant, Mirokth came flying fast from behind, and Medusa heard the beating of her wings too late. Too much focused she had been dealing with the celestials that she forgot all about Mirokth and the allies. She turned around to confront her, for she knew it was her, but she was late in her reaction. Medusa was barely able to move her torso aside, Mirokth's sword slashing nothing but air, but she did managed to take one of the stones from her as she flew by. In her action to avoid the slash, Medusa also lost the grasp of the other stone, the one Din Akera had been holding on to, and so it fell to the ground and broke with a loud crashing sound to the dismay of all those present.

(Continues)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom