• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Surreality

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Prologue

The date was March 17, 2022 when it happened. When the massively successful VRMMORPG (Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) Surreality was released. Its designer, Robert Fabri, said that it would "Bring both history and imagination to life." He said many things that day, but most of it was uninspiring, to say the least. Robert Fabri was not very good with words, and most agreed that he was better off designing games. However, despite (Or maybe because of, most of his speeches and even the man himself were made fun of by comedians throughout the world.) the creator's lack of verbal prowess, the game became wildly popular almost immediately. Surreality took place on three worlds: Paxenta, Oratio, and Fussim. Paxenta was the world of the past, Where fantasy and history merged, where battles between the Knights of the Round Table could have battles with George Washington and his army.(This did actually happen quite often, but the colonists won most of the time, despite Merlin trying his best.) Oratio was the world of the present, where business and school, as well as urban fantasy took place. Online businesses quickly opened up shops in Oratio, as well as schools for anyone who wanted to. The schools provided the same education as schools IRL, except most students agree that these schools were more fun. Instead of staring at words and diagrams in text books, they could actually visit the places while still sitting in their desks. Fussim was the world of the future, and it was pure sci-fi. In the skies of Fussim, instead of seeing stars, most of the time you saw spaceship battles. The best part of all was that the entire game and the console and equipment that you needed to play it was free. Robert Fabri stubbornly held on to ownership of the game, and didn't feel the need to make money off of it, as he had a perfectly good job as a desk clerk at his local bank. He worked from 9-5, then usually went home, had dinner, and played Surreality. Surreality only grew in popularity, and quickly bought the rights to various movies, books, and other merchandise.(Robert had to live on boxes of mac 'n cheese and ramen for a few years, but he thought that it was worth it. Robert was still a young man, only 22, so he figured he'd live to enjoy it.) 20 years later, the world basically lived in Surreality, and only came out to eat, relieve themselves, and sleep. Surreality still played a part in the eating however, because it could manipulate your taste buds. You could eat cheerios and think that you were having a gourmet meal. That's were I come in.(Not with the food part, with the 20 years part.)

(( That's it for now, but please tell me what you think. Sorry that it's so short.))

Last edited:

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Thanks for the feedback, AF. I probably won't be able to post any more until monday. I'm using my kindle to post this, so if I posted anything larger than this, it would be full of spelling and grammar errors. This keyboard is tiny.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm

My eyes widen when the orc pulls out a rocket launcher. I had just finished school and decided to go on a warm up quest. The quests in Oratio, particularly quests in large cities like Conos, are easy. They're the quests you do if you don't want to waste daros traveling to Paxenta or Fussim. Daros are the currency in the game. In Paxenta, they looked like gold coins. In Oratio, they looked like your country's currency. In Fussim, they looked like numbers. Anyway, back to the orc. It prepared to fire the rocket launcher, because apparently, when orcs carry rocket launchers, they don't have the sense to load them until they have a target. RockOrcs, as these enemies were called, were one of the strongest non-boss enemies in Oratio. This wouldn't be a problem normally, however, they aren't supposed to appear anywhere outside the final boss chamber of Oratio. I suppose I should introduce myself while I ramble. My name is Seth. Seth Jones. I don't like it much, so please refer to me as my username, Halcon, Hal for short. I'm 18, and I'll graduate from High School in a few days. I won't say anything about my IRL self yet, but my avatar is a level 50 elven warrior mage with brown hair and green eyes. Now, back to the RockOrc. " Hey, you're not supposed to be out here!" I yell at it. " Go back to the boss chamber." " Shut up you little punk." The RockOrc yells back. " I'm going to blow you to little bits!" I pull a Glock out of my inventory and shoot it. An elf with a block. It's hard, in my not-so-humble opinion, to get more badass than that. The orc dies, being no match for a level 50(I think it's level 20), and I do a victory dance. I collect the items and Daros it dropped, a weak shield and a pair of boots, open the menu, and log out.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm

Most people call the real world a dystopia. I say that it depends on your mood when you're IRL. For most people, it's negative, so the world seems negative. For me, despite the many ruined buildings and people, it was a pretty cool place. I still prefer to be in-game, but I don't mind the real world. After all, everyone gets the option to have superpowers. All you need to do is undergo an intensely painful surgery without using anesthetic. Also, your power might turn out to be lame. You never know what power your going to get, because for some reason, once the chip is in your brain, it seems to randomly decide a power. I underwent the surgery, and my power is that I smell good. Both meanings. I have a better nose than a greyhound, and my body can no longer produce BO. I still like to take showers, but they're unnecessary. A friend of mine, Kusanagi, can make a sword that can shoot lasers. I take off my visor, get up, and start making breakfast. Even though it's unnecessary, I still like to cook. Fresh ingredients are getting harder to find, but I manage. Which world should I visit today? I mentally ask myself. I just visited Oratio, so it's either Paxenta or Fussim. Fussim's always fun, but I haven't been to Paxenta in a while, so I decide to go there. After breakfast, I put my visor back on and log in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom