• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild (Spoilers) Favourite champion?

(I love threads right after a release.)

Simple question, who is your favourite Champion other than Link?

I personally think Revali stole the show but i ended up liking all of them, they were all very likeable and i'd put Hyrule in their hands.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think I have to go with Mipha. I ended up in Zora's Domain first and her memory was the first one I ever recovered. Her story and situation had me almost in tears by the time I was finished with the divine beast. She had a bigger impact on me than the other three, but that's not to say the other three are bad. All of them are fantastic characters and I was absolutely heartbroken when I learned that they were actually all dead. But Mipha affected me the most, I have to pick her as my favorite Champion.

Pen

The game is on!
I agree that they're all great, but my personal favourite is Revali. I enjoyed his sassiness and sort of rivalry to Link. But yeah, great characters all of them. I just think it's all so sad that they were all killed. :(

Also, I just have to say that the voice actress for Mipha was so bad in my opinion. I cringed so hard every time she spoke. If she'd had a better voice actress I would have probably liked her character more.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I only have one Titan left but I adore Mipha. I agree with Pendio. I didn't really like the voice but I love Mipha. It's a close tie between Mipha and Urbosa. Urbosa was like a mother to Zelda plus the voice acting is pretty cool. I still have one more to go but Mipha is my fav.

Pen

The game is on!
I only have one Titan left but I adore Mipha. I agree with Pendio. I didn't really like the voice but I love Mipha. It's a close tie between Mipha and Urbosa. Urbosa was like a mother to Zelda plus the voice acting is pretty cool. I still have one more to go but Mipha is my fav.

I also like Urbosa a lot too. I especially like how she had a similar role to the Impa we see in OoT and the one in SS. Urbosa is my second favourite champion after Revali. :^^:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The champions are all basic characters with no depth to them at all but my favourite is big Goron bruddah, Daruk. The voice really fit him and he was just how a Goron should be. Unlike that pitiful excuse for one, Yunobo.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Mipiha was my favorite simply for the fact that she channeled Ruto from OoT. Whereas in OoT, Ruto came onto Link hard making for a humorous atmosphere, Mipha seemed to have more than a comedic infatuation with Link. This genuine interest made for a touching story about unreciprocated feelings and unrequited love. It was heartbreaking to see Mipha struggling to express her feelings to Link yet knowing that he won't even respond to her. Dag yo, it's touching.

I like them all, but as for my favorite? It's pretty much a dead tie between Urbosa and Daruk. I think of every voice in this game, Urbosa's fits her the best (though I think they're all really quite nice, to be honest). It was very sweet to see her holding Zelda in her cutscene. Daruk was earnest and I liked a lot of his facial expressions, and I got genuinely choked up when he sees his son(?) after you've wrested control of the Divine Beast back from Ganon. But to be fair, I really like them all, in big ways and in little ones. For instance, the first time I heard the voice clip that tells you Revali's Gale has recharged, I was like "yup that's exactly how he'd say it". You can practically hear the dismissive handwave.

Urbosa.

The other three are much of a muchness, but Revali gets a little bonus point for his 'I'll be plucked' line.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I think with the new DLC out and new memories it's time to revive this thread! Because we might have changed our opinions about our fav champions after playing the DLC ;)
Last time I said Mipha was my fav champion and even though I still love the lil cute fish girl, I have to say Urbosa is my new fav Champion. I like how strong of a leader is she is. I love how she cares for the princess and that she's willing to do everything to protect Zelda and Hyrule. After playing her song and reading her diary she tops my list. But it's a very close call because I like Daruk and Mipha both a lot too. My least fav is Revali. He's full of himself. I think more of Kass than Revali.
Daruk is my new fav goron. He's very kind and like a big rocky bear with a heart of gold. And teh giant rocky bear is afraid of dogs :P

funnier6

Courage~
MIPHA MIPHA MIPHA MIPHA MIPHA MIPHA MIPHA MIPHA. Urbosa is also awesome but I can’t remember a Zelda character’s story that affected me as much as Mipha’s did. She totally sets the bar for all characters in future Zelda games and did an excellent job of separating herself from all princess Zeldas and all previous Zora royals. I’ll also throw in the entire Zora royal family of botw was totally on point and sets the bar for all future Zora royal families as well.

Urbosa does a great job of representing the gerudo but she seemed kinda one dimensional, it would’ve been nice if she’d had some obstacle to overcome in her life that might’ve showed another side to her. I do like how she’s an Impa figure to Zelda, that was a pretty cool idea. I kind of wish they had shown the champions fall in battle cause I just don’t know how Urbosa lost.

Still she does a much better job than Daruk, my opinion of him went up after the dlc where he’s shown to have bonded with Link over their enormous appetites and I love how they snuck in some personality of Link in there as well. He doesn’t have the cool factor of Urbosa or the feels factor of Mipha and could’ve benefited from having more to his story to separate him from Darunia. He’s likeable in a typical goron way but that’s not a lot.

Revali is a selfish loser. I think they could’ve made him a rival to Link without being so in your face and serious about it, he already had Zelda at odds with him and didn’t really need the added taunting. He had the potential to be a cool rival and I think giving him a sense of humor and maybe some hint of a soft/fun side would’ve gone a long way towards it.

I was only asked for my favorite champion but I felt the need to rank them. :P

I liked Revali the most because he was a very hard worker. He just kept on training every single minute of the day. I also liked the fact he wasn't really into that princess/hero crap. A shame he was so full of himself though xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom