• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild So I've noticed...

rob1610

Triple A Gamer
I've been watching some gameplay due to hype and only just noticed a few things.

1. Upon looking back on the Switch Livestreams, I noticed something odd and had to double check. Am I seeing this correctly? It looks to me like either a misshapen horse or...a donkey? Can we ride other animals in this game or am I just seeing it wrong? o_O
Untitled.png

2. I also looked at the Guardians trailer as featured on the Japanese website. At the 0:26 mark, we can see what I think might be some sort of potion shop. See the yellow, green, blue and red canisters (forget the proper name) on the side of the building? But if we have proper food and stuff, then what are they for if not potions? Did anyone say specifically that we weren’t getting healing potions?
Untitled2.png

3. I put it in spoiler tags just in case. A companion thing I noticed...
During one of the Stable gameplay videos, when the tutorial for the Whistle pops up, it says "Call your horse or other companion to you." Zelda and the characters with blue scarfs/clothing have been suggested and theorised to be companions, but I didn't realise the Whistle tutorial actually says there are definitely other companions. Is it said for other animals like a donkey, or...? :suspicious:

What kind of things have you guys noticed that others haven't? Is there any?

1 and 2 I've seen people mention on YouTube...
1. The donkey may not be obtainable... it may belong to an NPC... but there are at least two other types of creature that are suspected to be possible to tame... the sand walrus things in the desert and wolves.
2. Potion shop was kind of expected... more of a confirmation than anything.
3. As we was with the Wolf Link gameplay, you can whistle for him in the same way... so it likely applies to all animal companions... although it is suspected that we may be able to get human companions, we haven't seen any evidence to confirm it.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
I haven't seen anyone mention the 1 or 2 on YouTube and I've checked out a lot...

I've heard it (2) mention by Zeltik...I unfortunately can't source it for you right now....sorry.
But I am really excited to see if you can ride other things besides horses. Like those Yak/Deer looking things!

rob1610

Triple A Gamer
And I've seen Zeltik's stuff, too...I must've missed it. Is it in the hour-long analysis with Commonwealth Realm? It was so long I skipped it...

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
And I've seen Zeltik's stuff, too. I must've missed it. Is it in the hour-long analysis with Commonwealth Realm? It was so long I skipped it...
Errr, no. I don't think so. I believe it was right after "Life in the Ruins" trailer. Again, I'm currently blocked from YouTube so unfortunately can't confirm. He sort of just stated it real quick and mentioned what he thinks each color means.

rob1610

Triple A Gamer
No wait, that would've been the donkey thing in the hour-long analysis with Commonwealth Realm. I forgot the town with the potion shop was seen in the Switch trailer, too, and I glanced over Zeltik's long analysis of it at the time (was gonna watch it later) and he mentions it there. -_-

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom