• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So I took my old alttp fangame and molded it into something more original. Free demo available on Steam/Itch.

martijndh

Wageslave by day, Game dev by night (and weekends)
The game is called "Horn of Balance" and I build the underlying engine from the ground up across the past 18+ years. As a way to relax after school / work and to build fangames of course. A few years ago I decided to go a bit further and turned my work into something more original. So new art, music, sound effects, characters and story. With 12 new dungeons, 2 interconnected worlds and non-linear progression options.

If you're interested then the trailer, free (Steam/Itch) demo and more info can all be found over on Kickstarter (which is live with 10 days left to go):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hornofbalance/horn-of-balance

Or just ask me whatever you want to know on here.

Happy 2024.png

Horn of Balance trailer:

UPDATE: I've also been interviewing many other Zelda-like creators during the campaign, which you might also like to read about.

Last edited:
18 years?! That is simply awesome! Very good job on this! =) The engine could propably be tweaked a bit to make a Secret of Mana/Evermore game, right? Keep up the good work!

martijndh

Thank you!
Switching to A Secret of Mana / Evermore engine would be quite the undertaking because of the multiple players. But yeah, there is a basis there as well.

martijndh

There are just 29 hours left to help fund this game over on Kickstarter! For exclusive rewards of course. Come check it out!

Also, I've been interviewing many other Zelda-like creators during the campaign, which you might also like to read about.

Horn of Balance trailer:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Looks like the goal was met! It had me a bit nervous by the end, but I'm glad I was able to throw my few bucks at this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom