• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smertios's Timeline

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Zemen, this guy is stubborn, and his theory is very biased!Don't get mad, and calm down... he wouldn't see the truth even if it kicked his nose:P
Also, he is another one of those guys who prefers to contradict the guys who created the series

so based on this theory, since ALTTP obviously comes RIGHT after FSA, youre saying that if the games do go together and if MC and FS go before OoT like the creators have stated, then that means that ALTTP comes before OoT. haha thats so wrong.

Nobody that worked on TMC or FS ever stated that they come before OoT...

just about everyone on this site will agree with me except for you and this one other guy who is probably a friend of yours.

One other guy? Just scroll up a little and catch the name ;)
And yes, SoJ and I come from the same theorizing school if that's what you meant

youre assuming that just because it says Zelda, that its talking about the current Zelda.

The problem is that they put gameplay first and storyline second. Aonuma said so when he was interviewed about FSA.

It would only make new players confused if they used the same name to refer to a character that doesn't appear in the game. Especially when there is one character with the same name in the game. Aonuma said that Miyamoto wants to avoid that at all costs. That's why they don't add much to the storyline of the games...

Zemen, this guy is stubborn, and his theory is very biased!Don't get mad, and calm down... he wouldn't see the truth even if it kicked his nose
Also, he is another one of those guys who prefers to contradict the guys who created the series

If Miyamoto or any story writer from FS or TMC came and said that the games come first, I would have no reason not to believe it, but the thing is, they never did so. Aonuma said it about FS, while he is not even listed in the credits of FS...

Also, I see that the most common native timeline is
................./-TWW/PH
TMC-FS-OoT
.................\MM-TP-FSA-LttP/LA-LoZ/AoL-OoX

In ZL, the most common timeline is
............/-TWW/PH
TMC-OoT
............\MM-TP-FS/FSA-LttP/LA-OoX-LoZ/AoL

In ZI it would be
...../-TWW/PH-LoZ/AoL-OoX-TMC-FS/FSA-LttP/LA
OoT
.....\MM-TP

And at ZU there are currently 2 most common timelines:
...../-TWW/PH-LoZ/AoL-OoX-TMC-FS/FSA-LttP/LA
OoT
.....\MM-TP
and
...../-TWW/PH-OoX-TMC-FS/FSA-LttP/LA-LoZ/AoL
OoT
.....\MM-TP

I personally don't agree with any of those, but I acknowledge that all of them can work...

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
That's why I still think that most theorists from the ZU are biased!Gosh, your head is harder than a Goron's head!
You can't base a whole timeline by a small, unimportant detail on the background of Temple, and a single quote by a biased Deku Tree that is contradicted later in the game

That's why I still think that most theorists from the ZU are biased!Gosh, your head is harder than a Goron's head!
You can't base a whole timeline by a small, unimportant detail on the background of Temple, and a single quote by a biased Deku Tree that is contradicted later in the game

What detail on the background of a temple??

And as I posted here, I don't base the entire timeline on that quote, I only use it to order the games.

As I said, this is the reason why I place the games in the AT:

"Not really. I base it on storyline too. Remember that Miyamoto confirmed that OoT is the IW. And the IW is the backstory of LttP. Considering OoT didn't happen (well, at least not the IW part) in the YT, LttP has to come in the AT. FSA has to come before LttP, so it goes to the AT too. As I believe that FS/FSA is hinted, FS does the same. LoZ and AoL have to come there too mainly because of the town names from AoL: they were based on characters the sages from the IW. OoX goes in the AT mainly because of TRR, which shows not only several connections to OoX, but a world that is incredibly similar to how it is in TWW.

I only use geography and the enemies as a means of ordering the games that are in the AT. It is not why i put them there..."

The reason for TMC (I didn't mention TMC in that post) is because it references to the Triumph Forks, which is a name used only in TWW, when the true name of the triforce was fogotten...

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The Triumph Fork things is more likely an easter egg, and You based your theories in the quote of the Deku Tree and even used the background of the Palace of the Winds as an explanation!God, it doesn't mean anything

The Triumph Fork things is more likely an easter egg, and You based your theories in the quote of the Deku Tree and even used the background of the Palace of the Winds as an explanation!God, it doesn't mean anything

No, I base my timeline on the following information:

1. Miyamoto's interview in which he confirms that OoT is indeed the Seal War.
2. The connection between the FS subseries and LttP.
3. The presence of Moblins, land-octorocks and red zoras only in the AT.
4. The presence of an ocean in TWW and the absense of an ocean in TP.
5. The presence of an ocean in TMC, FSA, LA, LoZ and AoL (taking point 4 in consideration).
6. The references from the Oracle games to TMC, FSA, LttP, LA, LoZ and AoL.
7. the quote from the Deku tree that proves the intent of deflooding by the developers.

Do you have any reading problems? I keep saying all of this and you keep saying that I only base my timeline on one quote. You are the only one being stubborn here. Unlike you, Zemen is taking all of what I and SoJ say and trying to refute it. So, stop saying I only have one quote to back me up, because, as i've posted 4 times already, i have much more supporting my timeline.

You, on the other hand, only have the MS in the forest to support your LttP placement in the YT...

I'll admit that in my first posted timeline, (which is my only posted timeline), I included MC after WW as well. As of now, I'm not sure if I would still consider it, but I know it could be a possibility for the simple fact that everything in MC is irrelevant to anything else in the Zelda series (pretty much).

Like when Zemen says people talking about the absense of the Master Sword and all that, that would be me. Personally, I think that it "could" take place after WW because it is set in the new Hyrule. That would explain why things are so different, why people often quote things like Triumph Forks from WW, and why there is no Master Sword (its stuck in Ganondorf's head at the bottom of the sea, in old Hyrule).

At least, that was my original theory. Then recently, Zemen made a post in another thread talking about the Shrine of the Four Sword being in the GBA remake of ALttP. If this is true, which I have seen the Palace of the Four Sword, but not the Shrine with the broken sword and such, then it is likely that my timeline would be incorrect. I wish someone would post a pic or something of this because I cannot find it anywhere, and the clearification would be nice.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
No, I base my timeline on the following information:

1. Miyamoto's interview in which he confirms that OoT is indeed the Seal War.
2. The connection between the FS subseries and LttP.
3. The presence of Moblins, land-octorocks and red zoras only in the AT.
4. The presence of an ocean in TWW and the absense of an ocean in TP.
5. The presence of an ocean in TMC, FSA, LA, LoZ and AoL (taking point 4 in consideration).
6. The references from the Oracle games to TMC, FSA, LttP, LA, LoZ and AoL.
7. the quote from the Deku tree that proves the intent of deflooding by the developers.

Do you have any reading problems? I keep saying all of this and you keep saying that I only base my timeline on one quote. You are the only one being stubborn here. Unlike you, Zemen is taking all of what I and SoJ say and trying to refute it. So, stop saying I only have one quote to back me up, because, as i've posted 4 times already, i have much more supporting my timeline.

You, on the other hand, only have the MS in the forest to support your LttP placement in the YT...

First of all, I have no reading problems,
secondly, your timelin is biased,
third,the map thingie proves absolutely no damn thing,
4th-At the end of WW, the mastersword is on Ganondorf's head, down the bottom of the sea, period!
5th- there was no unflooding, as it is stated somewhere in game!
6th-Old Hyrule was completely forgotten, so how do you explain that people got names and stuffback!
7th-The triforce was also forgotten and they called it Triumph Forks, so how do you explain that suddenly, in the next game in YOUR biased timeline everyone knows what the TRIFORCE is?
8th- If MC is after WW, where did the Light Force come from?
9th-there is no mention of Ganon both in MC and FS!
10TH-There are Octoroks/Moblins etc in MC cause theywere sealed by the HERO OF MEN-GUSTAF!Not the hero oftime, not anyother mention to LiNK,but the hero of men!and Vaati unsealed them when he removed the Piccori Blade
11th-So yeah,btw, where are the Piccori»?

Last edited:
I'll admit that in my first posted timeline, (which is my only posted timeline), I included MC after WW as well. As of now, I'm not sure if I would still consider it, but I know it could be a possibility for the simple fact that everything in MC is irrelevant to anything else in the Zelda series (pretty much).

Why do you say it's irrelevant?

At least, that was my original theory. Then recently, Zemen made a post in another thread talking about the Shrine of the Four Sword being in the GBA remake of ALttP. If this is true, which I have seen the Palace of the Four Sword, but not the Shrine with the broken sword and such, then it is likely that my timeline would be incorrect. I wish someone would post a pic or something of this because I cannot find it anywhere, and the clearification would be nice.

I also am interested in that. i don't think the shrine appears in LttP at all, but the dundeon in the DW is enough to show connections between FS and LttP...

First of all, I have no reading problems,
secondly, your timelin is biased,
third,the map thingie proves absolutely no damn thing,
4th-At the end of WW, the mastersword is on Ganondorf's head, down the bottom of the sea, period!
6th-Old Hyrule was completely forgotten, so how do you explain that people got names and stuffback!
7th-The triforce was also forgotten and they called it Triumph Forks, so how do you explain that suddenly, in the next game in YOUR biased timeline everyone knows what the TRIFORCE is?
10TH-There are Octoroks/Moblins etc in MC cause theywere sealed by the HERO OF MEN-GUSTAF!Not the hero oftime, not anyother mention to LiNK,but the hero of men!and Vaati unsealed them when he removed the Piccori Blade
11th-So yeah,btw, where are the Piccori»?

ok, let's go...

4. Exactly. It is in a stone in the end of TWW and in a stone in the beginning of LttP.

5. Where?

6. Gameplay > Storyline

7. idem + Book of Mudora

8. The Picori Realm of course. Why would the triforce be with the picori??
And notice that the name of the Light Force in the original japanese is the same name for the Force Gems, thus implying that they are the same thing...

9. So what? There is also no mention of Ganon in PH, LA or MM...

10. Then where did Ganon take the moblins from in OoT? And what happened to the octorocks and moblins after TMC?

11. Hmm, unseen because they are hidden before TMC and in their own world after TMC... This was stated in-game in TMC...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Why do you say it's irrelevant?

I also am interested in that. i don't think the shrine appears in LttP at all, but the dundeon in the DW is enough to show connections between FS and LttP...

ok, let's go...

4. Exactly. It is in a stone in the end of TWW and in a stone in the beginning of LttP.

5. Where?

6. Gameplay > Storyline

7. idem + Book of Mudora

8. The Picori Realm of course. Why would the triforce be with the picori??
And notice that the name of the Light Force in the original japanese is the same name for the Force Gems, thus implying that they are the same thing...

9. So what? There is also no mention of Ganon in PH, LA or MM...

10. Then where did Ganon take the moblins from in OoT? And what happened to the octorocks and moblins after TMC?

11. Hmm, unseen because they are hidden before TMC and in their own world after TMC... This was stated in-game in TMC...

i have no idea what this book of mudora is. if you could explain that it would be great.

PH does not mention Ganon because the game has NOTHING TO DO WITH GANON. i would also like to mention that spear moblins are still around in PH even though ganondorf is "dead"

you cant say that the MS being in stone in ALTTP is the same as in WW because in WW the stone is clearly ganondorf. i doubt that someone came along and chizzled it to make it look like a pedestal. the point of the sword is that only a great hero can wield it and also that only the royal family knows where it is, IMO. also, the sword is left in the forsaken fortress at the end of WW. when they found a new Hyrule are we supposed to believe they went back for the master sword AND chizzled it to look like a pedestal?

LA has you fight a shadow form of Ganon so he is shown even though he isnt mentioned.

why would they need to mention Ganon in MM? it takes place in a different dimension/country depending on what you believe. it takes place in a world where no one knows who ganon/dorf is so why does it matter that they dont mention him?

all three of those games you mentioned that you say dont mention ganon dont need to mention ganon because they are all sequels to games that have ganon/dorf as an antagonist.

MC is not a sequel to a game. its a prequel that introduces a completely new antagonist and talks about a hero who sealed away monsters. it also makes it clear that this hero is NOT link. it also makes it clear that there was not ONE MAIN ENEMY but rather an army of monsters. if ganon had anything to do with the war over the light force, it would have been mentioned. the back story of MC also does not at all correspond to any other game in the series. the back story for all of the Zelda games (the ones that have BS') are pretty clear in their explanation of a past Zelda game, but MC doesnt have a BS that corresponds to any other Zelda game OR link which leads me to believe that it is first in the timeline.

also i believe that in this thread or another thread you said something about MC being near an ocean. ive looked at the map from MC and there is no ocean. there is a lake/river but no ocean on the map. its pretty landlocked. its similar to OoT even (i dont mean map-wise i mean its traits). it has a mountain, a river/lake and a forest. the only major difference is that OoT has a desert and MC has a swamp.

for the record, im not using geography to explain this, im only putting that in there because you seem to think geography plays a role in timelines. i dont.

God. So because the MS is in Ganondorf's head at the end of tWW there can't be MS games after tWW? Even though a zora finds a broken MS in OoA? I guess zora can't swim.

The land in FSA is FLOODED. That water around the island DOES NOTHING FOR GAMEPLAY. Therefore the water around the island hyrule in FSA.

Here is the funny thing. You say it should go TP-LttP because of the MS placement? I thought geography was a bad way to base a timeline. Oh and Ganon's titles make absolutely NO sense for TP-LttP. Also for the TP-LttP to make sense because of the MS you would also have to make it go TP-LttP-OoA/OoS. Hmm let's look at this.

TP happens. WtfSWmakesnosense then LttP happens and Ganon is a Yami no Maou for no reason. Then OoX happens wtf Ganon is a daimaou. Wtf Ganon is a Yami no Maou again. Then the rest of the games have Ganon as a daimaou.

Because you think storyline matters more than geography your TP-LttP doesn't work. Instead of calling our timeline biased why don't you look at all of the evidence you have to disregard to make your timeline work. I think you guys have been watching a little too much GameTrailers...
So here I go responding to each of your points.
4. A zora in the past of OoA gives you a broken MS.
5. Hmm maybe the Deku Tree's plan worked? The islands in OoA present or closer together and combining whereas in OoA past they are more spread out. This EXACTLY describes the Deku Tree's plan. Hell, the Maku tree's could have grown from when the Korok's planted all the deku trees.
6. Well gameplay > storyline. The oracles are in tMC. They are descendants from a line of oracles from Labrynna and Holodrum. Therefore tMC and OoX should be in the same timeline. If OoX takes place on the AT then tMC takes place there too.
7. Hmm they call it Triumph Forks in tMC... so with that logic you should have tMC on the AT. And only 1 person called it Triumph Forks. And that is the fish men. Everyone else called it the triforce.
The japanese manual of LttP says that the SW was passed down in some sort of scroll. The SW has stuff about the triforce. Oh and the book of Mudora.
9. OMGZ VAATI ISN'T MENTIONED IN TWW, OOT, TP, MM, PH, LA, LTTP, LOZ, AOL, OOS AND OOA. OMG THE TMC AND FS HAVE TO BE AFTER ALL OF THOSE!!!1!!1111!!!!ONEONEone!!1
10. Someone's been watching too much gametrailers... Gustaf is NEVER said to be the hero of men. Gametrailers made that up.
PH does not mention Ganon because the game has NOTHING TO DO WITH GANON.
tMC does not mention Ganon because the game has NOTHING TO DO WITH GANON.

I'll respond to the rest of your points later. You posted while I was making my post so I didn't see yours.
Come on. I was hoping for better than that.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
God. So because the MS is in Ganondorf's head at the end of tWW there can't be MS games after tWW? Even though a zora finds a broken MS in OoA? I guess zora can't swim.

The land in FSA is FLOODED. That water around the island DOES NOTHING FOR GAMEPLAY. Therefore the water around the island hyrule in FSA.

Here is the funny thing. You say it should go TP-LttP because of the MS placement? I thought geography was a bad way to base a timeline. Oh and Ganon's titles make absolutely NO sense for TP-LttP. Also for the TP-LttP to make sense because of the MS you would also have to make it go TP-LttP-OoA/OoS. Hmm let's look at this.

TP happens. WtfSWmakesnosense then LttP happens and Ganon is a Yami no Maou for no reason. Then OoX happens wtf Ganon is a daimaou. Wtf Ganon is a Yami no Maou again. Then the rest of the games have Ganon as a daimaou.

Because you think storyline matters more than geography your TP-LttP doesn't work. Instead of calling our timeline biased why don't you look at all of the evidence you have to disregard to make your timeline work. I think you guys have been watching a little too much GameTrailers...
So here I go responding to each of your points. 4. A zora in the past of OoA gives you a broken MS.
5. Hmm maybe the Deku Tree's plan worked? The islands in OoA present or closer together and combining whereas in OoA past they are more spread out. This EXACTLY describes the Deku Tree's plan. Hell, the Maku tree's could have grown from when the Korok's planted all the deku trees.
6. Well gameplay > storyline. The oracles are in tMC. They are descendants from a line of oracles from Labrynna and Holodrum. Therefore tMC and OoX should be in the same timeline. If OoX takes place on the AT then tMC takes place there too.
7. Hmm they call it Triumph Forks in tMC... so with that logic you should have tMC on the AT. And only 1 person called it Triumph Forks. And that is the fish men. Everyone else called it the triforce.
The japanese manual of LttP says that the SW was passed down in some sort of scroll. The SW has stuff about the triforce. Oh and the book of Mudora.
9. OMGZ VAATI ISN'T MENTIONED IN TWW, OOT, TP, MM, PH, LA, LTTP, LOZ, AOL, OOS AND OOA. OMG THE TMC AND FS HAVE TO BE AFTER ALL OF THOSE!!!1!!1111!!!!ONEONEone!!1
10. Someone's been watching too much gametrailers... Gustaf is NEVER said to be the hero of men. Gametrailers made that up.
tMC does not mention Ganon because the game has NOTHING TO DO WITH GANON.

I'll respond to the rest of your points later. You posted while I was making my post so I didn't see yours.
Come on. I was hoping for better than that.

except that all the trees were planted over HYRULE and labrynna and that other village in OoX are clearly NOT Hyrule...

i doubt the Maku tree was grown from a normal tree. if anything its a descendant of the Deku Tree or it was created anew by the same means that the orignial Deku Tree was created (no one knows how).

i dont recall ANY mention of triumph forks/triforce in MC so if you could find an in game quote that would be awesome.

youre assuming that the three goddesses in MC are descendants of oracles. i dont remember them saying that at all. in fact, they arent important to anything in the game. they are more of a cameo appearance but they never say anything of importance.

just about all of your stuff is based off of the japanese versions of the game. welcome to America, homes.

except that all the trees were planted over HYRULE and labrynna and that other village in OoX are clearly NOT Hyrule...
Proof that the great sea is new hyrule? I'd be more inclined to think that the place where PH takes place is where hyrule is because of maze island.
i dont recall ANY mention of triumph forks/triforce in MC so if you could find an in game quote that would be awesome.
In the library in tMC the backs of the books say things in an altered form of japanese. One of the books has the word Triumph Forks.
youre assuming that the three goddesses in MC are descendants of oracles. i dont remember them saying that at all. in fact, they arent important to anything in the game. they are more of a cameo appearance but they never say anything of importance.
The figurines of Nayru say that she is a descendant of a line of oracles from Labrynna.
just about all of your stuff is based off of the japanese versions of the game. welcome to America, homes.
O M F G. So the NoA versions are more canon than the original japanese versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom