• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should THEBESTEMOTES stay gone in all forms

Should they stay gone in all forms

• yes keep them gone

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • no bring them back

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It seems a vocal minority have been clamouring for the return of these obnoxious non zelda emotes which were recently removed. They would be resized when brought back but myself and many others dont think they should come back in any form. They are a negative presence here and should be confined to the ashpile of history.

As we all know these emotes were spammed to the high heavens, but since their removal they haven't been and it has been great. Bringing them back would mean the inevitable return of spam as the members who spammed them are still here waiting to strike again. There are not mods here often enough to stop the spam even if they wanted to. Which is why I suggest they should not come back at all.

Please could this be put on the front page so all can have their votes.

I think certain emotes in thebestemotes weren't half bad.. If we just cherrypicked a few of them to keep, I really wouldn't see a huge problem.

That's exactly what's happening, too. A few will be picked to keep as well as resized.

Maybe just have Jimmu make a no-emote spam rule or something

Well, it seems like I was pretty much the only one who was spamming and that probably won't happen, as the more spammy ones are staying gone.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I’ll let you folks do whatever. I was the first to speak out against this garbage, but personally I don’t mind if some of them return if they’re reasonably sized. I'm cool with whatever this community decides.

Mido

Version 1
It seems that from my perspective, the emote spam was most prevalent in the Shoutbox. Given that many a user could see that, it makes sense as to why they would annoy people since the emotes often blocked the regular Shoutbox feed. If we were to bring a few of the more-liked ones back into the fold, perhaps we could just ban THEBESTEMOTES from the Shoutbox. The talks about resizing some of them also can work. I would not mind if a select few stuck around given said adjustments were made. Ultimately, it's the choice of the people, so I'll roll with anything.

Have them in the lorule lounge. Many people dont like the sight of those emotes on the main forum or in the shoutbox.
Yeah, that works...I guess. Tbh, coolhecks and confuse are the most useful on the SB(especially because at least in my case they aren't easy to spam and are relevant to conversations), but I guess as long as they stay I don't care. Not sure if it's possible to make section specific emotes, though.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yeah, that works...I guess. Tbh, coolhecks and confuse are the most useful on the SB(especially because at least in my case they aren't easy to spam and are relevant to conversations), but I guess as long as they stay I don't care. Not sure if it's possible to make section specific emotes, though.

Do you even realise how damned annoying those emotes are, it makes the user seem rude as they can't be bothered to formulate a proper response. Not to mention they are just damn ugly.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I say look to the future and find many more new and amazing ways to annoy the crap out of people in the shoutbox.

The ways of old have been tired and forgotten.

It's actually hard to erase them from the mind no matter how hard I try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom