• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nayru and Din feature in other games?

The Oracle games were weird; they had a fairly epic notion behind them in that both Seasons and Ages featured one of the goddesses in Nayru and Din. These guys (if you listen to Ocarina) created the Triforce and no introduction or explanation is needed on how important the Triforce is in Zelda lore...

Even though both Nayru and Dun featured in these games they didnt really do very much. In fact they pretty much just filled the damsel role.

It would have been much more interesting if they had been companions or some sort of power source for Link...

So, do you think such important characters to the lore were wasted in the Oracle games? Would you like to see them return? If yes, in what roles would you like to see them fill?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I'd like to see them featured in a 3D console zelda as central characters, yes. And not just because both would look sexy in HD :) While Ninty's veering wildly off into completely unnecessary lore they could at least bother to expand on the bits that already exist!! Din and Nayru are intriguing characters who are central to the Zelda mythos. They warrant further investigation.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
That Nayru and Din were not the same as the Golden Goddesses who they share their names with.

I dont see why they needed to be named that but not actually feature as Goddesses. Other names could have been chosen instead because now you have Goddess Nayru and Oracle Nayru.

If Din and Nayru appear again it should be the deity's not the human oracles. I would like to see the Golden Goddesses in another game. Before WW it was implied they came down from the heavens to flood Hyrule and I'd like to see a situation in an actual game where they are called down.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Farore was in the games, too. :)

I liked it. I didn't think that the characters were "wasted", in fact I considered these incarnations similarly to Jesus from the Bible or any gods from Greek lore. Gods walking among their creations is not an uncommon idea.

I wouldn't want to see it used overmuch, but once in a while it can be a pretty interesting idea. I would like to see them at least once in 3D, but I think there should be another big break after that before bringing them back in a 3rd time.

That Nayru and Din were not the same as the Golden Goddesses who they share their names with.

I dont see why they needed to be named that but not actually feature as Goddesses. Other names could have been chosen instead because now you have Goddess Nayru and Oracle Nayru.

If Din and Nayru appear again it should be the deity's not the human oracles. I would like to see the Golden Goddesses in another game. Before WW it was implied they came down from the heavens to flood Hyrule and I'd like to see a situation in an actual game where they are called down.

Were they really? Oooh its been years and i really dont wanna go back tbrough them.

Looks like they should have been called Lana and Cia...

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I've just recently played through ages and I think they are great characters that should be explored more (including Farore) either as a human oracle or a golden goddess

I was curious about whether they'd have a role in SS with the whole Hylia thing. Maybe one day in the future that could be an interesting direction to move in

I've always really loved Din's Oracle of Seasons design. I'd love to see them all come back but her in particular. It's kind of weird because, I don't think they were the actual Goddesses, just special oracles named after them. I'd like to see both them and the Goddesses come back in some form.

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
I would love to see all three oracles featured in newer games. Or at least make an Oracle of Secrets game featured around Farore.

Seeing the three golden goddesses in another game would be great, but this time using their godlike powers to some extent.

I always felt those were odd choices for a damsel in distress.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
They also showed up in FSA and TP, maybe several others I don't remember. Wouldn't it be interesting if, just like Zelda is the embodiment of Hylia, Din, Nayru, and Farore were embodiments of their respective goddesses?

Ye best not be bashin' my childhood's best Game. yarr

I be wanting to see a 3D Rehash of the Oracle Games. Perhaps with Breath o' The Wyld level o' Explorin'. Yarr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom