• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Should i preorder or wait?

So i really want breath of the wild so i've been considering preordering it for wii u but i am definitely getting nx at launch and im hoping there will be a zelda bundle so should i hold out for that or should i make sure i have a copy of the wii u version?

If you preorder at GameStop, I know that you can switch your preorder to whatever system you do decide on like a week before it comes out. So I would preorder for NX, then if anything changes, just switch it to WiiU.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
If you preorder at GameStop, I know that you can switch your preorder to whatever system you do decide on like a week before it comes out. So I would preorder for NX, then if anything changes, just switch it to WiiU.

...that sure makes the pre-order seem awfully silly.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
The only time you should pre-order is if you know that a physical copy of a game is being sold in limited quantity by a small company of developers or localizers.

Breath of the Wild, a hotly anticipated game by a well known developer, will be available in a vast quantity and will be just about anywhere if you look hard enough. If your only incentive to pre-order is a t-shirt (which will more than likely be sold in a retail store later) or a coin, it's not worth a pre-order.

Death to pre-order culture.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The only time you should pre-order is if you know that a physical copy of a game is being sold in limited quantity by a small company of developers or localizers.

Breath of the Wild, a hotly anticipated game by a well known developer, will be available in a vast quantity and will be just about anywhere if you look hard enough. If your only incentive to pre-order is a t-shirt (which will more than likely be sold in a retail store later) or a coin, it's not worth a pre-order.

Death to pre-order culture.
Here is my question.

As a Zelda fan, you know that you will get the game at launch anyway.
You get an extra incentive to pre order, and get a coin, or t-shirt.

Why wouldn't you take advantage of the extra free goodies, and especially a 20% discount that Amazon does for videogame preorders?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Here is my question.

Why wouldn't you take advantage of the extra free goodies, and especially a 20% discount that Amazon does for videogame preorders?

Because pre-order incentives tend to be useless bull****.

Because waiting for reviews is smart.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Here is my question.

Usually because the freebies are cheaply made and are quick to fall apart. Likewise, that 20% discount on Amazon only counts if you're a Prime member. If you're not apart of the program or already used your free trial, you're not getting that 20% discount.

Tibari

Rinkuji
Waiting for reviews is smart? Waiting that some people told you how to think and how appreciate a game?
Maybe you could enjoy a game by discovering it by yourself, but you won't even touch it just because someone told you it's bad in his point of view?

I really prefer play a game without knowing what is good or what is bad in it, I let myself make my own appreciation of it and nearly everytime I don't even notice some bad aspects reviews said about the game.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Usually because the freebies are cheaply made and are quick to fall apart. Likewise, that 20% discount on Amazon only counts if you're a Prime member. If you're not apart of the program or already used your free trial, you're not getting that 20% discount.
I'm part of Prime anyway. No matter if I buy the game or not, so I might as well get the preorder.

Also, I will let you know that I still have my styluses from Diamond and Pearl, I still have my 25th anniversary SS CD and Gold Wii Remote, I still have my OoT3D CD. I still have a ton of prerelease posters from 5 years ago. Yeah... Definitely not "cheaply made" on Nintendo's part.
Because pre-order incentives tend to be useless bull****.

Because waiting for reviews is smart.
i don't need reviews to tell me whether a game is good or bad. Especially in a 3D Zelda's case, you cannot trust reviews. They will be good no matter the quality of the game.

Remember when many reviews lauded SS as better than OoT? Lol.

"Waiting for reviews" is definitely not smart, as gaming media outlets are almost as corrupt and money driven as the US Government.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Waiting for reviews is smart? Waiting that some people told you how to think and how appreciate a game?
Maybe you could enjoy a game by discovering it by yourself, but you won't even touch it just because someone told you it's bad in his point of view?

I really prefer play a game without knowing what is good or what is bad in it, I let myself make my own appreciation of it and nearly everytime I don't even notice some bad aspects reviews said about the game.

Because reading reviews can give you an idea about whether a game is quality and worth your time. Back when I was a naive high school student and practiced pre-ordering, I pre-ordered some stinkers. Being stingy has taught me to hold onto my money until I've seen what the critics, the gameplay trailers, and other players have to say. Keeps you from being suckered into trash (or just something just plan mediocre. Lookin' at you, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.).

Tibari

Rinkuji
Sure, if you had bad experiences about pre-ordering games which are finally bad in your opinion, it's quite understandable that you want to be certain if a game is made for you or not. However as far as I'm concerned, I enjoyed Skyward Sword regardless what the reviews were saying about it. If I read those reviews before playing, I will constantly think about those "bad aspects" while I'm playing, I'll always have pessimistic glasses.
And playing a game knowing and focusing on what is bad in it, is a very sad way to play a game. You will have a lot more troubles to find a game enjoyable, and you might avoid games that you would probably enjoy if you didn't read the reviews before

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Because reading reviews can give you an idea about whether a game is quality and worth your time. Back when I was a naive high school student and practiced pre-ordering, I pre-ordered some stinkers. Being stingy has taught me to hold onto my money until I've seen what the critics, the gameplay trailers, and other players have to say. Keeps you from being suckered into trash (or just something just plan mediocre. Lookin' at you, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.).
You realize that Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword reached Critical Acclaim right? Especially Twilight Princess, being the second best reviewed Zelda game.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess

Actually, TP is one of the best reviewed games of all time.
So yeah. Looking to reviews is not smart.

And considering that we have seen the first 5 hours of the game through E3, we have enough footage to make a solid opinion on whether it deserves a purchase or not.

Imo, it depends on what the NX will be. If it has a 150-200 release price with the game I will probably get the NX version (as long as I have money).
This is the main reason I am not preordering, but if you dont plan to buy NX, whatever it might be, preorder it.
Besides, its not lioke Nintendo to publice unfinished games (I mean... delays are for a reason), and BotW is definately going to be awesome, so yeah...
unless you want the NX, preorder it (the game)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Imo, it depends on what the NX will be. If it has a 150-200 release price with the game I will probably get the NX version (as long as I have money).
This is the main reason I am not preordering, but if you dont plan to buy NX, whatever it might be, preorder it.
Besides, its not lioke Nintendo to publice unfinished games (I mean... delays are for a reason), and BotW is definately going to be awesome, so yeah...
unless you want the NX, preorder it (the game)

I doubt the NX is going to debut for anything less than $300. It definitely won't release for $150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom