• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Shadsie's Kid Icarus Oneshot Collection

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Recently getting into this series, I've done a flurry of fanfiction. In part, this is because I'm a bit writer's blocked on my current epic Zelda fic (remake of a fic), in part, it's because it's the "thing I'm into for the moment." Much like I did a flurry of Shadow of the Colossus fics after a replay, my brain's been off on Skyworld for a bit.

Since someone started a roleplay for KI, I thought, "Hey, maybe people here would be interested in my fics"

Woulds of Chaos
Set in Uprising, spoilers for Chapter 18 and beyond. Wars leave wounds that are slow to heal. For three years Pit was, quite literally, not himself. After the end of the war, not all humans were cheering, nor were they forgetful. Just because the criminal was innocent does not mean that the damage was undone or forgiven. (Pit and Magnus, as friends)

Birds and Beasts
Pit believed that humans were special because they were, among the earthly creatures, the closest to the gods. Strangely enough, he'd convinced Viridi to spare them extinction by convincing her that they were beasts. Mostly, she was just staying her hand for his sake. (Pit and Viridi. Mildly shippy).

A Scent of Burning Feathers
Game chapters 21-22 and what happened in between. A pair of goddesses try to keep a dying angel alive. An angel of darker character braves the Underworld itself to repay a sacrifice. In a world ruled by selfish desires, even altruism can be a selfish impulse. In the end, Dark Pit didn't like the thought of owing anyone, nor the stench of burning that scarred his mind. (A Dark Pit focused story).

I Want to Stay With You
"You were so badly hurt… and your wings were so damaged… that I had to make a decision. It was a 'life or limb' decision. I was able to heal you to save your life, but your wings… I couldn't fully heal them. I'm so sorry, Pit." Palutena is forced to give young Pit a dreadful choice. (Brave Pit, motherly Palutena).

----------------

That's it. There are some fun references to pick out in the last one, for those who watch cheesy old movies, TV shows, and anime. In fact, in all but one of the fics, I've inserted references to a somewhat obscure anime called "Haibane Renmei," simply because it is about flightless angels. (A very different tone than Kid Icarus, but it this anime is one I've loved for years and is a series that is very meaningful to me, so the more people I make of its existence in any way, the better).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom