• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Select Your Archetype

You ever notice the common archetypes in movies where most of the story takes place in a school setting? In those movies, there is always a particular bunch of students that we are all familiar with. There's the athlete, the brain, the rebel, the popular guy/girl, the loner, etc. These particular archetypes are practically staples in these types of movies, sometimes they might be a bit stereotypical, but nonetheless have some basis in reality. My high school was no different, and my class had all these archetypes and more. :yes: While I preferred not to be labeled as such, I myself was the quiet, loner, brainy type.

So, what about you guys? What archetype do you think fits you? Is yours stereotypical like the movies? Are you the brain? The athlete? The nice guy/girl? Select your archetype! :yes:

The list below is a copypasta of a list of the most common, stereotypical archetypes. The original version's content contained a few things which may be offensive to some, and while these things were not all bad, I played it safe and took the necessary precautions and reedited the text. If you don't fit any of the stereotypical archetypes below, you may still post what your own archetype. :yes:

• Skater - A person who enjoys skateboarding or being around skateboarders. May also participate in free running/parkour. Usually they wear bright, basic clothes such as t-shirt and jeans with skating shoes. Very versatile stereotype, can be merged with other stereotypes such as Emo Skater (Emo + Skater) or Punk Skater (Punk + Skater). Skaters are known for disliking Bad Guys/Girls and usually argue with them. Very protective over who they are, don't like stereotypes.

• Prep- Universally stereotyped as snobs: These are rich students who often go to preparatory schools (expensive private schools) that are well known from students at public schools and outside of school. These people aren't always snobs, and normally they do much more sophisticated things than an average middle class student. Like for example: instead of playing football or lacrosse, and going to their friend's house for entertainment; they'd play soccer, tennis or do swimming, have membership to their local country club, and have at least a few artistic capabilities or musical skill. These preps dress almost casually with the exception of sometimes wearing plaid shorts or canvas pants.

• Emo - An Emo may be very similar to Goths in some cases. They typically wear jeans and dark shirts with heavy metal rock music logos on. Emo is a very versatile stereotype as they mostly are a mix of other stereotypes e.g. Emo Skater, Punk Emo. Not to be mistaken for Goths.

• Goth - A particularly dark person who may enjoy listening to death metal rock music and/or wearing dark clothes. Not to be mistaken for Emos.

• Mosher/Rocker - A person who listens to various types of rock music. They get their name from a special dance move associated with heavy metal where you thrust your head backwards and forwards, letting your hair go everywhere.

• Chav/Rebel/Bad Guy/Girl - This potentially intimidating stereotype describes people who usually wear tracksuit pants and shirt or flat bill hats under a dark hoodie. They are stereotyped mostly for committing various crimes such as shoplifting and vandalism. They sometimes hang on street corners on their mobile phone and skip class. Not all of them are criminals but because of a few intimidating features and dress scense, they look like people who would start a fight.

• Punk - They wear chains and have colored mohawks and spiky hair. They wear leather jackets and have always been called rebellious. They don't care what people say about them. They also listen to different variations of rock music but mostly punk rock, death metal rock and heavy metal rock.

• Jock/Athlete - There is a major difference between a jock and athletes. Jocks tend to abuse their popularity, while the athletes don't really mind who they talk to or hang out with. Jocks are mainly involved in many sports and have lots of girlfriends.

• Brain - A person who does not conform to society's beliefs that all people should follow trends and do what their peers do. Often highly intelligent but socially rejected because of their obesssion with a given subject, usually science.

• Drama Kid - Someone who is in the schools theatre program, and does school plays. They are well liked but not popular, and they have a very close group. They read Shakespeare for fun, and wear artsy clothing. They often have no shame, becaue they have to do some crazy stuff on stage. Very dramatical most of the time.

POST AND DISCUSS!

Disclaimer from original author:
These stereotypes are what most secondary school pupils may refer to each other as.
Please note: Stereotypes are not what every person may be. Everyone is unique and do not have to follow a particular stereotype, unless they choose to. Stereotypes may be offensive to some people.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
This is a fun thread! I really didn't fit too well into any of those, so here is mine:

The Artist: Though friendly, they are usually quiet and often lose themselves in their sketchbook- even in classes that have nothing to do with art. They can be identified by the distinct rattling sound of their backpack, which consists of an endless supply of art supplies. Anything from several sketchbooks, markers that cost six dollars a piece, to even watercolors. They will be the only student that on test day does not have a number 2 pencil, but a 2B. :P (True story... on severeal occasions actually. Sometimes hard to explain to professors, lol. )

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I can't really say that I fit any of those... But I guess I'll be a bit more specific.

Brain - A person who does not conform to society's beliefs that all people should follow trends and do what their peers do. Often highly intelligent but socially rejected because of their obesssion with a given subject, usually science.

I don't like science that much. :lol: I don't believe in trends but I don't consider myself that intelligent either. Just enough to live on.

I'm more of the quiet type there, not really thoughtful, lonely, cheery sometimes, I guess I'm quite a mixed one.

Add some awkwardness and a tendency to mess things up (which some people here have probably seen already XD) and there you got me.

Last edited:

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
I'm sorta brainy, lol, but but im not a freaking social reject.

I'm just 'special.' (gifted program! woot!)

I'm like,you know sort of an all aorund kinda girl. I love rock music, but, uh, I don't have neck spasms;) and I'm preppy, but not rude. Well, okay, I'm sarcastic. The snobbies are the "populars" and then that's when I get mean. And stupid...yea. But I don't necessarily prefer plaid. And I have a bit of the personality of the skater, but I could care less about riding a skatebaord(although it looks fun, the most I can do is sit on it and ride down a driveway or hill xD) So thats me. And did I mention im super-artistic, literaturely gifted(is that a word?), and I LOVE music?

But I also love science.

Mickaroo

Call me Micky
The Artist: Though friendly, they are usually quiet and often lose themselves in their sketchbook- even in classes that have nothing to do with art. They can be identified by the distinct rattling sound of their backpack, which consists of an endless supply of art supplies. Anything from several sketchbooks, markers that cost six dollars a piece, to even watercolors. They will be the only student that on test day does not have a number 2 pencil, but a 2B. :P (True story... on severeal occasions actually. Sometimes hard to explain to professors, lol. )

That is me precisely. My backpack is filled with prismacolors and sketching pencils. Actually that 2B thing has nearly happened to me before!! I am definitely known in school for not really listening and drawing constantly (I drew the wolf in my sig). And everybody calls me our art teacher's pet because I am always bringing him new pictures for him to critique : P

Other than that I would say the brain or the choir nerd...haha. I love all kinds of music but I am also somewhat intelligent and definitely an introvert. And I try not to conform to society all that much.

BigBig

Who needs a shield?
Hmmm...

I don't really fall into any of those categories.
Play the Bass, draw, listen to music, program, play video games, hangs out with pretty much everyone (Well, except for the "popular" people).

Mosh/Brain?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm definitely a brainy kid, and I plan to be throughout high school and even into college if I get there. I often ignore social activities for my schoolwork or a video game. Hrm...brainy people also disagree with others pretty often, right? If so, I do that a lot as well. If not...well, I still do it. xD

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Brain
Social outcast, smartest of them all, etc.

Lucky William from Kids React. Basically the same as me. Intelligent, PC geek, book reader and gamer and has friends. WHY MUST I BE A FAIL D:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I'm best (well almost perfectly suited) to the brain/drama kid. The brain part would take up alot though. I'm pretty socially rejected within my school, but I do have my group of friends. And though I don't do any drama thingies within school, I do them outside of it, and from that, I have obtained quite a few friends from. I seem to fit in better there. I'm considered quite weird because of my tend to play video games/doodle alot/ my love to have fun, but weird in drama is normal. :P

I guess I could fit into Athelete as well. I'm a very active person. I love going outside, climbing trees, running around and doing things like that. Not into sports much. Casual activity is more to my suiting. Like cycling, or swimming.

Last edited:
Apathetic - Showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern. Usually wears neutral colored clothing.

4911169213_befb46eb61.jpg

Yep, this is what I would be.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Wait, now that I think about it, my personallity changes A LOT. Sometimes I cry at deaths, sometimes I laugh at them, sometimes I am a socializer. Sometimes I am a downer. WTH

Nicole

luke is my wife
Definitely Brain and Athlete for me. Which is kind of an odd mix stereotypically. Most media sources depict brainy types as total "geeks," and athletes as idiots. I know I'm very smart (not to the point of bragging), but it's true. Up until now, with me starting 8th grade in September, I have yet to ever fail a test. The lowest score I ever received was a 70% on a science quiz. The funny thing is, it was a make-up quiz because I wasn't in school the day the lesson was taught. I forgot to bring my book home to study, so actually, I didn't know anything on the lesson at all. (My mom later told me I should have asked the teacher for another day. :sweat:)

For those of you who know me, you know I'm a huge sports buff. I play basketball and soccer, and I'm starting to get into softball as well. I also play football with the boys at my school sometimes. ;D I am very passionate about basketball, it's definitely something I would hate to be without. Overall, I just love to be doing something active, but mostly with other people. Like team sports and such.

FindSkullkid

The Energy Never Dies.
I guess I'm a mix of Brain and Prep. First of all, I love how you said "Archetype" instead of Clique, or group, idk. I just thought that was cool. I guess I'm a preppy, just because I hang out with "that group" due to how cool the people are, not because I like being able to say I'm "Preppy". I guess at my school I'm known as the "Cool prep" Just because I'm REALLY mature for my age. Believe it or not, but I'm 13. Yeah, I said it. haha. Going into 8th. I'm not very rich, but I dress nicely. So I'm the Prep of public schools I guess. But I also hang out with the "Brains" whenever I don't feel like standing around a bunch of dumb blondes and jocks, but yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom