• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sea and River Zoras?

The Zora race has consisted of some of the most annoying enemies, but also some annoying allies(ruto and king ruto) looking at the official zelda timeline, it looks to me like the Zoras on the defeated timeline are the only ones that are your enemies. My theory is ganondorf brainwashed/possesed them to be on his side. and then the zoras children just did the same. But there is a possible problem with this theory, in the oracle games, you run into both friendly and demonic zoras. one of the zoras explains that the difference is just between the sea zora and the river zora. I don't think this applies to hyrule as termina and holodrum are different countries, what are your thoughts?

I'm not sure what the "demonic" Zoras are, or if they are entirely class as Zoras at all. Assuming they are 'evil' Zoras, it's more than likely that the Zoras work much like humans do. Human beings don't all share the same ideology and customs, so they are always going to be factions and groups that oppose each other and get along with others. The Zoras could easily be like this and therefore not have any "demonic" Zoras at all. From their view, the 'good' Zoras are evil and they are the good guys. So it could just be down to a difference in political views from Zora to Zora or genuinely be something deeper and more inbuilt than that.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
I don't think we should classify the races between the good ones and the bad ones, like in the lord of the rings (orcs are all bad, elves are all wise, kind and fair). As there are good and bad people, no matter their race, there could be tribes of Zora for and against Ganodorf, from different times and locations, depending on their political interests -I don't believe Hyrule has become such a massive realm by being friendly neighbours with everyone, not if they have (as often suggested) enough military strength.

As for what they said about river Zoras and sea Zoras, at that time they maybe were enemies so one tribe joined one side and the other way round...

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
The only reason I can think of is that after OoT, when Link fell, and Ganon was transformed into a Beast by the full :triforce:, most of Hyrule was decimated by Ganon and the power of the Triforce, accounting for the drastic shrinking of Hyrule and, possibly, the mutation of the Zoras into (mostly) mindelss, feral, supernatural beasts.

I'm not sure what the "demonic" Zoras are, or if they are entirely class as Zoras at all. Assuming they are 'evil' Zoras, it's more than likely that the Zoras work much like humans do. Human beings don't all share the same ideology and customs, so they are always going to be factions and groups that oppose each other and get along with others. The Zoras could easily be like this and therefore not have any "demonic" Zoras at all. From their view, the 'good' Zoras are evil and they are the good guys. So it could just be down to a difference in political views from Zora to Zora or genuinely be something deeper and more inbuilt than that.

As Terminus pointed out, Ganondorf could have easily wiped out the rest of the Zoras that opposed him. I'd do the same if I was in his position. He's just usurped the throne from a family that seems to be well loved by many, therefore you are going to have people joining secret resistances and try and remove the new leader. While it doesn't cause a threat to Ganondorf, it causes a threat to the people who follow him as they will have to fight the rebelling forces. There is no point in ruling a kingdom is there aren't a lot of people to rule now is there?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
The Gorons may have been wiped out because all of them opposed Ganondorf's rule whereas the Zoras could have had a split opinion within their species.

It is equally valid that the Zoras were destroyed down to a few survivors, who slowly lost their civilization, and then their intelligence, in the events following Ganon's inprisionment in the Dark World.

The Gorons may have been wiped out because all of them opposed Ganondorf's rule whereas the Zoras could have had a split opinion within their species.

then how come there was not any sort of split for the 7 years link was sleeping? If there were supporters of ganondorf wouldn't they have revealed themselves before then?

I think that through the downfall timeline because of Ganon's influence on Hyrule the land itself was spiritually poisoned Gorons being creatures of the earth no longer produced gorons so the race simply died out and the zoras devolved in a way that led them to becoming a race of blood thirsty beasts. The Great Deku Sprout likely died from this poisoning removing the kokiri from the downfallen Hyrule. Hyrule sorta became a land of death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom