• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Same Links?

Turon

The Golden God
Something has been bothering me for a while. Is it possible that a Link from one timeline could be the same one in another? Like that the HoW is the the Last Hero (TLoZ), but since different events unfolded in each timeline, their quests are completely different.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I don't think so. You see, the HH has explained which Link's are the same. And also, SS explains that each Link is usually just a reincarnation of sorts of the original Link, or at least a descendant. The Oracles Links are the same, OoT Link and MM Link are the same, and I believe PH and ST have the same Link. Other than that I think all Link's are different.

EDIT: Okay I just reread your post and I see what you mean now- as in, because the events happen in different timelines, they could be the same Link going through a different course of events. Well, I'd have to say that's entirely possible in the case of WW and TP Link, but I would say those are the only games where that could be a theory. I mean, sure, they could be the same Link but they are born into completely different circumstances so they're not really the same... same background? The game wouldn't indicate that way canonically... god, this is getting philosophical.

The link in ST is a different link theres too big of a time difference for him not to be, also yes it is possible for link from one timeline to be in another, but he would need a means of time travel and he would have to compensate for not being able to be in two timelines at the same time, this would require either trail and error or knowledge of events in both timelines in order to avoid complications in one or both timelines, such as meeting himself or altering events.

So yes it's possible, but there would already be a Link in that timeline already unless he dies and time traveler link takes his place and tries to maintain both timelines.

Turon

The Golden God
Okay I just reread your post and I see what you mean now- as in, because the events happen in different timelines, they could be the same Link going through a different course of events. Well, I'd have to say that's entirely possible in the case of WW and TP Link, but I would say those are the only games where that could be a theory. I mean, sure, they could be the same Link but they are born into completely different circumstances so they're not really the same... same background? The game wouldn't indicate that way canonically... god, this is getting philosophical.
Haha. This is philosophical, isn't it? I was just wondering if it was possible, so thanks.

this would require either trail and error or knowledge of events in both timelines in order to avoid complications in one or both timelines, such as meeting himself or altering events.

Just going along with the overthinking of this topic but would he technically be the same Link? I mean, we know they are different Links but it wouldn't be the same as if I like traveled back in time to stop myself from dating that girl in Middle School. He's technically be meeting a different person who just happens to look, sounds (hiya!?!?), and shares his name. It be more like me traveling back into the future to meet my great, great, great grandson who looks just like me named OcarinistOfTime (birth name I swear) So its wouldn't be an immediate time paradox just give the possibility of one if he interferes with Link B's life in anyway. I'm thinking about linear time travel because the thought of traveling between timelines is a bit much for my brain to comprehend and I think would fall into inter-dimensional travel not simple time travel (simple time travel? what has this series done to the way we think)

Actually this thought in mind It'd make an interesting game to have some Link have to travel into another Link's period of time and they'd together, or maybe a case a mistaken dark link. Or maybe since Link has figured out Time travel Ganon could very easily do the same and team up with himself and then Link would have to do the same to combat the double Ganon threat.

I'm honestly seeing it as Ganon A has successfully overtaken Hyrule and Link A must travel back to ask Link B for help. However Link B is busy with Ganon B so Link A must help with this first. Meanwhile Ganon A follows Link A and teams up with Ganon B. But as they begin to overtake Hyule Ganon B unable to share his power with anyone (including himself) kills Ganon A inadvertantly saving Hyrule in the future and allows the Links to save present/past Hyrule. Seems legit and I see no apparant Time Paradox with killing a future Ganon (it'd be another can of worms in the reverse but my head hurts as is so I'm just gonna stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom