• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
"Round Robin" is an old term for fiction that is written by a different writer each successive installment. So say Bob writes the first chapter of his magnum opus, and then hands it over to his mate Charlie who writes the next chapter, and then Charlie tosses it to Dave who writes the next chapter. Maybe it'll come back to Bob eventually, but right now it's Elmer's turn, and he's taking it in a real crazy direction, but maybe not as crazy as Fred, whose contributions chill me to my bones...

So, essentially, it's not necessarily roleplay in the sense that everyone's roleplaying as different characters, but rather we're all roleplaying as the same characters and just taking turns with each post. And I want it to be crazy. Ideally, we'd all end our posts with a ridiculous cliffhanger so that the next user has to come up with an even more ridiculous deus ex machina to escape.

This signup is indefinite, and is only here to decide the post rotation. So if Bob signs up first, then Bob goes first, and then Charlie signs up and posts second, and so on and so forth until everyone who's signed up has posted and then we wrap back around to Bob. I'll start the thread when at least two or three people sign up, but obviously if more people sign up after that, then they'll be added to the rotation queue.

Since this is a very different kind of RP, I'm not sure what kind of rules there should be. The only rule I can think of is not killing off or otherwise permanently incapacitating characters who weren't introduced by you. As for signups, you don't have to provide any information if you don't want to, but suggestions and ideas would be nice. Or questions. Questions are cool.

Also I personally prefer script format, but if you wanna novel it up, go nuts.

CURRENT ORDER OF ROTATION (4/8/24):
@MightyMario
@AwdryFan1997
@Guinea

Last edited:

AwdryFan1997

So here's my proposed rules for anyone else who wishes to sign up:

1. No permanently killing or incapacitating characters who weren't introduced by you (unless that user has left the thread or has given permission)
2. Do not skip a user in the rotation unless they have posted "Skip" or have declared that they've left the thread for the foreseeable future
3. Out of character comments are to be made in the Sign-Up thread
4. No retcons! What's posted is posted.

If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know. When one more person signs up, I'll make the thread.

AwdryFan1997

Alright awesome let's get this rolling!

(by the way we can all have as many characters as we want and there's no limits to post length)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom