• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

The last new movie I saw was the new Ninja Turtles. 0/10. The most offensive, atrocious piece of actual **** I've ever seen. Clearly a product of minimal thought and effort. There were huge errors in consistency and tons of oversights that should've been caught after a single take. At one point April O'Neil's roommate actually lip syncs APRIL'S LINE. April takes a picture of HERSELF trying to photograph. The Turtles' weight fluctuates WILDLY throughout. There is never any suspense because the turtles are ****ing bullet proof and all the Foot use are guns. None of the acting is /good/, but Megan Fox's lazy, worthless excuse for emoting is too bad to even be laughable. The changes to the origin shrink the universe so ****ing much and April is way too significant a character with way too much screen-time. At no point do you /really/ get to know any of the characters because most of what they say is exposition. All of the Turtles act like unlikeable *******s. Leonardo has almost no lines. Splinter looks ****ING GROSS. The Shredder is made a secondary villain to a guy who is so generically evil and has a completely ******** plan that includes releasing poison from a tower with HIS NAME ON IT and then claiming to have nothing to do with it. **** everything about this movie. **** it so much.

The last old movie I watched was The Secret World of Arrietty. 8/10. Gorgeous and fun, though it feels a bit too short and could've gone so many interesting places.

Last edited:

Sheik

:the:
I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy today (finally), and I really enjoyed it. 8.9/10

And about a week ago I watched Wolf Children, recommended by Stitch. Just... :') 9.6/10

Garo

Boy Wonder
The Maze Runner.

Full disclosure: the director of this film is a friend of mine.

I really, really enjoyed this film. It's a bit cheesy, it's overly portentous at times, and it weirdly prides itself on its somewhat obtuse worldbuilding that leaves far more questions than answers (admittedly in an interesting, curious way rather than an explicitly frustrating one). But it is so much fun. It's got a powerful command of tone and pacing, nailing nearly every setpiece and only ever faltering in small, quiet moments in between. It wears its 80s adventure movie inspiration on its sleeve, and I swear that there's a few scenes that feel straight out of Jurassic Park. It's such a wonderfully fun film that doesn't aim very high but hits its mark.

B.

Please go see it! The director and crew are signed on for a sequel that is currently in pre-production, but Fox is closely watching the box office of this one.

Big Octo

=^)
Total Recall (1990)

The definitive action sci-fi experience with a clever plot to change things up. It has everything you'd expect from a great Arny film. Excellent use of practical effects, though some of the miniatures haven't aged all too well. The make-up work on the mutants is some of the best out there. Definitely an 8.5/10 for me.

Salem

SICK
Maze Runner, 8/10, it's really good.
Also, it was Jojen Reed aka Ferb in it, and that's cool.^^

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The Fault in Our Stars 4/10. I hated the book so naturally I wasn't a fan of the movie. And Nat Wolfe is a terrible actor, so his performance as Isaac really just ruined it all for me.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I watched two movies back-to-back late last night. James and the Giant Peach and BASEketball.

James and the Giant Peach was a favourite of mine as a child and rewatching it yesterday, I was sadened that my memories of this film were tainted. For those unfamiliar with the story, the film is a Disney adaptation of the novel by Roald Dahl. The central character, James Henry Trotter, goes on a magical adventure inside a giant, flying peach with his friends who are all giant bugs (Grasshopper, Centipede, Ladybug, Spider, Earthworm and Glowworm) as they set a course for New York City. The movie, interspersed with musical numbers, is animated rather well though the claymation now looks a little dated. The musical numbers were fun and entertaining to watch but unfortunately the story, as the movie portrays, is too far fetched for me to properly suspend disbelief. As well as that, the live action sequences were far too overacted to still be enjoyable at my age. Overall, I would give this movie a 5/10.

BASEketball, starring South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, is about two best friends who one day create a fictional sport which is a baseball/basketball hybrid. Once their game takes off in the professional leagues, they have to contend with a businessman whose ultimate goal is to take control of their team, The Beers. As you would expect from the duo, this movie has crude humour and some rather stupid jokes but it certainly had its shining moments as well. I probably enjoyed this movie more than I should have and I give it a solid 7/10.

The Rescuers.

After watching it again several years later, I still think the movie help up pretty well for me. Good movie, but I know whenever I get to the sequel, it'll be even better.

8/10

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

It was a pretty strong movie, except it went for the two villains working together that Spider Man 3 tried and failed. It wasn't executed very well here either. One villain didn't even get much screen time in the end, and I was rather disappointed.

7/10.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Epic fantasy done right. Epic as all hell. 10/10.

Almost time for the final movie!!!!!!!

Underworld Awakening (2012).
I love this movie. But I loved the Underworld movies anyway. Selene is amazing and my fav heroine :D I hope there will be another one which will tell more about Michael and where he went and will give more answers about the so called super lycans.
9/10

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I finally had a chance to see Frozen and my word was I hyped up for this film.

Where do I even begin with this movie? I loved the animation, I loved the soundtrack and I really enjoyed the plot. I also love the majority of the voice actors and having Jonathan Groff, Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel together is something I could gladly fanboy about 'till I'm blue in the face.

Having bought the soundtrack to Frozen almost immediately after hearing "Let It Go" for the first time, I knew I'd like this film. The songs are catchy and memorable in that annoying Disney fashion and as far as the story goes, the characters felt really believable to me and having the turmoil and conflict come from within a character rather than being external was a nice break from the mould.

Though the story moved at a rather rapid pace and in some places could have been paced a little better, overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it and give this movie 9/10.

Last edited:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Transformers: Age of Extinction

Dino transformers!?!? Awesome right!?!? Yeah, no. The plot was overly complicated to the point I was straight up confused. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of product placement involved (please tell me why Mark Wahlberg had to obviously pop open a Coors Light during an action sequence), and scenes created just to cater to a Chinese audience (which wouldn't be a problem if these scenes felt natural rather than forces).

3/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom