• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

They are fun movies!

750003b856ea5317ffd38b34534a1ddf.gif

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The Meg 3/10

There is nothing interesting to see here. The point about the shark being a megalodon never matters, it might as well just be a regular shark movie. If you've seen Jaws, you've seen this movie. Worst of all, the characters and their relationships don't matter. The protagonist has a history with every character but beyond the first 20 minutes, none of it means anything. This would be fine if the shark attacks were interesting or it was visually cool. But most kills are just people getting dragged underwater.
I think the movie was also bogged down by the lack of deaths in general. The cast is full of characters who seem pretty expendable. None of them have a big impact on the rest of the movie. But iirc there were only like three or four people who died.

Christopher Robin 4/10

I'm going to assume this is because I'm not a child anymore so I have the attention span to recognize forced tension. But this movie spent far too little time with the actual Winnie the Pooh characters. There was a lot of emphasis on how Christopher Robin was always busy with work and couldn't spend time with his family (which frankly, has never been a narrative I have understood; people can't just quit jobs and not be able to support their family). The whole kicking off point of the movie doesn't make sense; Pooh had to find Christopher Robin to help him find his friends, but his friends were all just chilling in the woods. Then it had the most manufactured tension I've seen in a movie as they all try to save Christopher Robin from losing his job. It was all just meh and the characters didn't get the focus they deserved.

Eeyore is the best though, so it gets 2 extra points for that.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Last movie I watched was The Room.

This is a hard movie to rate because it was so bad that it's good. So from a critical standpoint it's a 2/10 because you could not sympathize with any of these unrealistic characters and the story did not make me think like it was supposed to.

On the other hand, this movie is a 9/10 because it was just so hilarious. Holy #### did I laugh so hard during that whole scene when that random couple were going to have intercourse in Johnny's apartment. Everything about that scene was so entertaining that I rewinded part of it several times. :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Macross Plus - 10/10

This is a damn good movie with strong characters and terrific pacing.

You know those rare movies where they're just good all the way through and when you look back on it you cant think of anything you'd change, lose or cut and cant think of a favourite scene because every scene was great for their own reasons?

This is one of those movies.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
10/10 The Mummy

Of course i'm gonna rate this 10/10 what's not to love a squishy mummy comes to life and sets out to despoil the world and ressurect his love......classic romantic film y'know......what's that it's not romantic to rip someones tongue out.....oh

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
10/10 The Mummy

Of course i'm gonna rate this 10/10 what's not to love a squishy mummy comes to life and sets out to despoil the world and ressurect his love......classic romantic film y'know......what's that it's not romantic to rip someones tongue out.....oh

Dude :cool: That is one of my favorite movies EVER!!

Wanna eat beans and watch it with me again? :wynaut:

Nightcrawler (2014) 7.5/10

Designed for uncomfortable viewing but you can see it being very true. A film from the outset that you know its going to build throughout, worth a watch.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I saw Ralph Breaks the Internet on Sunday, it was just as fun as the first and I recommend it to anyone that liked the first movie. It's a nice follow up and the fact they got the voices for all the still living Disney Princesses to participate was a nice bonus.

Day of the Doctor - 8/10

Probably the last decent thing Doctor Who did before it all went to hell. The end of Matt's reign was okay but not as compelling as everything up to that point, but DotD feels like the last high DW has managed to achieve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom