• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Shinzai

He who burns in darkness
Suicide Squad:
9/10
It was almost perfect if not for the lack of explanation as to how
the Joker managed to break Harley out like he did
Other than that, it's great.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Zootopia

I'm always slow on the uptake when it comes to disney, but everyone sees their latest offering sooner or later. This one comes courtesy of Netflix.

Never, ever underestimate Disney corps ability to entertain. This was another creative and amusing number. Lots of really well presented (and refreshingly unbiased) relevant social themes and commentary built in- and Disney even takes the liberty of indulging in some self-depreciating humor so you know it's all good :) Complete with Disney's fun quirky characters and laugh out loud funny bits throughout (and some noticeably adult callouts, situations and imagery for what is ostensibly a children's movie.)

11/10 Movie of the Year ALL YEARS!!!!

jk- it's like a solid 7 overall.

Misty

Ronin
Zootopia 5/10: Much better than expected, still not as good as the old era of film in my book. It was a surprising turn to have what is essentially a crime drama plopped into a children's film without it entirely ruining the crime drama aspect. That said, the police side of things tends to end up feeling like an overwritten plot device meant to serve both the "be yourself and everything will work out" message and the "racism is bad" themes. Goodwin and Bateman (the leads) make an unsurprisingly charming pair, that ultimately carry into the 5/10 rating what would be an otherwise mediocre movie full of half-formed and convoluted messages, and poorly-hashed references to much better movies. I'm disappointed with how easily Bateman's character gives up on his more realistic take on the world and just full ass believes in and follows Goodwin's cute-righteous-good thing. It was much better than Frozen, and most children's films these days...but it could have been a lot better. It just wasn't. Points for trying given.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Pan 5/10

It's a watchable film if you like Hugh Jackman. I just felt it was an unnecessary prequel with a lacklustre cookie cutter story of the chosen one.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The Crow - 8/10

A very dark and gritty revenge atmosphere with a lot of awesome setpieces and enjoyable one-liners (for a change). Basically about a man who gains Wolverinesque regeneration after he's resurrected and he hunts down the killers of his fiancee. Felt like a good place to kick off the season without getting into full-blown horror.

RIP Brandon Lee.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The Crow - 8/10

A very dark and gritty revenge atmosphere with a lot of awesome setpieces and enjoyable one-liners (for a change). Basically about a man who gains Wolverinesque regeneration after he's resurrected and he hunts down the killers of his fiancee. Felt like a good place to kick off the season without getting into full-blown horror.

RIP Brandon Lee.

You slap another 10 on that review score or the Crow's gon bring Brandon Lee back to roundhouse kickstart your good senses, pal.

Deepwater Horizon 8/10 Very suspenseful, exciting disaster movie where you actually care about the people in it. The hero feels like a real person and not just a gruff action hero with no emotions.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
This is a thread where you can post about the last movie that you watched, give it a rating and mabye write what was good and what was not so good about the movie. Please remember that not everyone has seen the movie you are rating so please NO SPOILERS unless you use the appropriate spoiler tags:
[.spoiler.]Your text here[./spoiler.]
(full stops (.) are not included so remove them from the spoiler tags when posting).

I'm not much of a movie goer so I hope that this thread can point me and others like myself to some good movies.

Gone Girl 10/10 my God that film is amazing.

Misty

Ronin
Imitation Game 4/10: One of those overrated movies because LGBT, feminist, and historical drama. Nothing really special going on. Found Cumberbatch unusually irritating in this. He needs to stop taking these rolls it makes him seem like a one trick pony. I found Knightly sorta charming, but the thematic tones on her character made her equally annoying. Watching motors of a computer turn isn't entertaining or insightful, nor is watching people write on paper and shout at each other. Would have been better to start at the end and watch the characters try to cope with hiding the project and deal with the weight of death on their shoulders.

Sausage Party 3/4 : It was ... a surreal experience. It was very funy and I'd recommend, but the obvious anti-religion message (while possibly not even a message, just how the story panned out) got kind of tedious at times. At least it says to not be a douche.
It's also some very blue and black comedy, if that isn't your type of thing don't even get close.
I am sad I watched the dubbed version (English isn't my native language) and such, lost a bunch of puns, oh well. I'll just wait until I can see it in English.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Gone Girl 10/10 my God that film is amazing.

I have the DVD of that and had heard good things. I had been meaning to watch it for a while and seeing your post I decided tonight was the night.

9/10 One of the best films I have seen in a while. Well casted. Visually entertaining, with a great plot which has some interesting twists. Can't really say much without spoiling there but I definitely recommend people watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom