• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Fantastic Four 1/10 (WARNING MILD SPOILERS)

Wow...this is a legitimately bad movie. I assumed the reviews were exaggerating. But wow.

For starters, the movie about the Fantastic Four, a team of four people, can barely get them all together. In fact, Sue Storm and Ben Grimm never have a conversation together. Aside from the final showdown, the two are not seen together (except for the very first scene Sue is introduced in, during which Ben stands off to the side doing nothing). There is very little of them coming together as a team, something you'd expect out of a movie like this.

Also, Dr. Doom's motivation makes no sense. Like, at all. In no shape or form, does Dr Doom have a reason to do what he does. He's pretty much just wedged into the movie.
I saw that one in the cinema. I was hoping the reviews were exaggerating but this is probably one of the worst films I ever saw.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Zoolander 2- 7/10
This is one where the reviews weren't too good but it was very funny like it's predecessor. And comedy films are supposed to be funny, that's why we watch them so definitely a 7/10 from me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Cinderella 6/10- This is the live action Disney version. It was ok. I wasn't that into it really. It's not bad by any means but the animated version is still the best version in my opinion.

Misty

Ronin
Flashpoint Paradox: 6/10
Becoming Jane: 6/10
Mr. Nobody: 9/10 (Highly recommend all peoples watch it)
L.A. Confidential: 10/10 (Highly recommend all peoples watch it).

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
X-Men: Apocalypse 8/10

It was pretty good. Not a masterpiece and not the best in the series by any means, The returning characters and younger versions of the classic characters were all fantastic. I'd say personally the weakest point was its villian. Apocalypse himself just wasn't... I dunno how describe it.... compelling enough. And at times he just felt ridiculous. It was hard to tell what he even wanted. Was it power? Or just chaos and destruction. He was an excuse villain to move the plot along. But the other characters I mentioned save it from being a bad film. I'd say the previous X-Men was better, but this was okay too. Personally, I think this was the best performance of the younger Magneto yet and his scenes were the absolute best we've seen. This movie did actually manage to make me cry a few times. I really liked the ragtag bunch of misfits feeling we got from the younger versions of the classic characters trying to muddle their way through this whole mess, untrained and having no idea what they were doing. It was an interesting contrast from the confident and professional ones we saw in the original films.

And my last little nitpick is the Star Wars reference.
That was INCREDIBLY anachronistic. There was a small joke about the principle characters just leaving a theater having seen Return of the Jedi. And they express opinions about the trilogy which are, frankly... far too modern and therefore, as I said, very anachronistic for 1983 because at the time, before the advent of Rotten Tomatoes, which was founded in 1998, the common opinions about Return of the Jedi and Empire Strikes Back was the other way around. Rotten Tomatoes actually started the whole thing about hating the prequels and worshipping Empire Strikes Back when it first launched purely because Empire was the least altered of the original trilogy in the 1997 Star Wars special editions. So when Phantom Menace launched the next year, they were still fired up over their loathing of the special editions and were just absolutely brutal in their reviews of the new prequel that just kept going for all three. Before then, Empire was considered the weak link in the trilogy and Jedi was praised for bringing the series back to the charm and class the first film had. An idea that is totally alien to modern audiences who have been brought up in the anti-prequel-Empire-worshiping hysteria.

Okay, I went on too long with that rant. We don't need to go into it here. Take it to another thread please if you wish to rip my head off over that (I know some of you do).

X-men: Apocalypse - 8.5/10

Not as good as Days of Future Past, but still a great time. Loved seeing all of the X-men that haven't been featured in flim yet, and I'm really looking forward to where they go with it.

Apocalypse himself just wasn't... I dunno how describe it.... compelling enough.

I kind of felt the same way. I thought Oscar Issac did fine, but I never really got his motive that well. He just wanted to control the minds of everyone? I dunno.

Captain America: Civil War. 6.5/10
My opinion on this movie is a lot different than what I've been hearing other people say. I just really didn't like it. I felt like if the characters had just sat down and talked with each other there would be no conflict. Apart from other things (not really enjoying the story line since the comic) it just wasn't my cup of tea. You might like the movie though. I'm not saying it was completely bad. O and for me, I feel like they brought Spiderman in just to bring Spiderman in.

Reactions: Dio

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Captain America: Civil War

Since Thor: The Dark World (but not including that film), I've been consistently impressed with the films Marvel studios has put out. Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy were both fantastic, but for different reasons. Age of Ultron had plenty of flaws, but it's still a great film. And Ant-Man is really quirky and fun. So what do I think of Civil War?

Well, for starters, I think it's the best MCU film since Guardians. Of course, that doesn't say much though. Performance wise, it was great, and I think this was the first time that Chris Evans put on the best performance (Downey usually steals the show). They did a really good job of explaining why the Avengers are fighting, and they also did a great job presenting genuine arguments for both sides. Black Panther and Spider-Man are awesome and I'm really looking forward to their upcoming solo films. In regards to the villain, Zemo was a decent villain, but he pulled a Loki in that his plan to turn the Avengers against each other just wasn't that great. He went through tons of trouble just so that Iron Man can witness the video of his parents' murder, which honestly doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Minor point though. The airport sequence was amazing, as was the final battle between Iron Man and Cap and Bucky. This movie did a much better job with the Black Widow character than Age of Ultron did. Also, Giant Man was awesome.

My main gripe with the film is the lack of death. The death of the Wakandan King is what set the movie in motion, but he was a character nobody knew anything about and his death did not have any real affect on the audience. Marvel had everybody anticipating a big Avenger death, but they didn't deliver. Rhodey got paralyzed, but even then, he was still able to walk. A movie like this should've featured a death of some kind, something to really wake the Avengers up and make them realize that their fighting is really tearing them apart. I was really disappointed nothing like that happened.

Overall, I really enjoyed this movie. 9/10

Dan

Batman Vs Superman

Really dull movie with characters you would expect to see at a farmhouse. I found both lead characters excruciating to watch. I didn't care for either of them. Batman was both played poorly and utilised poorly in this film. I understand it's an action orientated film but Batman felt way too wreck-less in this film. Prefer his comic and animated DC outings much more. Way too contrived which isn't bad in my book when you aren't taking your film seriously like Civil war. Oh and Martha.

4/10

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Captain America: Civil War

7.5/10

It was quite good but I feel that it didn't live up to Captain America: The Winter Soldier which is a bit of a let down. On the other hand, it's different from Winter Soldier, Avengers, and Age of Ultron. I think it stands well on its own but not when compared to the other films.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Captain America: Civil War. 6.5/10
My opinion on this movie is a lot different than what I've been hearing other people say. I just really didn't like it. I felt like if the characters had just sat down and talked with each other there would be no conflict. Apart from other things (not really enjoying the story line since the comic) it just wasn't my cup of tea. You might like the movie though. I'm not saying it was completely bad. O and for me, I feel like they brought Spiderman in just to bring Spiderman in.
Civil Bore I call it. Could have done without the first hour really and just watched the action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom