• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
While the whole world watched BvS, I watched:

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1: 10/10. I couldn't believe how faithful it was and how much I enjoyed it at the same time. I wasn't happy after Under the Red Hood, but this is the best animated film I've seen since Mask of the Phantasm and the Lion King.

Under the Red Hood was amazing. Better than The Dark Knight Returns Part 1, that's for sure.

Misty

Ronin
Under the Red Hood was amazing. Better than The Dark Knight Returns Part 1, that's for sure.

I don't care very much for the source material and they had the worst joker art style and voice acting ever...which if you're doing the Red Hood isn't a small issue. Dark Knight Returns Part 1, was beyond reproach in both of those departments. Certainly, I would prefer Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, but I'm just going to have to wait for the Killing Joke for that all star return.

Dark Knight Returns Part 2: 10/10 for all the same reasons.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't care very much for the source material and they had the worst joker art style and voice acting ever...which if you're doing the Red Hood isn't a small issue. Dark Knight Returns Part 1, was beyond reproach in both of those departments. Certainly, I would prefer Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, but I'm just going to have to wait for the Killing Joke for that all star return.

Dark Knight Returns Part 2: 10/10 for all the same reasons.

The Dark Knight Returns is one of the most overrated stories and the art style is horrible. Not only is Carrie Kelley one of the worst things ever, Frank Miller decided to ruin Superman too. John DiMaggio made a great Joker. Probably the best after Mark Hamill and his talented impersonator, Troy Baker. Also thought Bruce Greenwood was great as Batman. But yeah, can't wait for the Killing Joke. Glad they got their definitive voice actors back for it.

Misty

Ronin
The Dark Knight Returns is one of the most overrated stories and the art style is horrible. Not only is Carrie Kelley one of the worst things ever, Frank Miller decided to ruin Superman too. John DiMaggio made a great Joker. Probably the best after Mark Hamill and his talented impersonator, Troy Baker. Also thought Bruce Greenwood was great as Batman. But yeah, can't wait for the Killing Joke. Glad they got their definitive voice actors back for it.

The Dark Knight Returns would be a difficult work to call overrated seeing as besides, perhaps, the killing joke, it is the most definitive Batman title ever written and a work influential not only to graphic novels and comics as a whole, but also recognized outside of the nerd universe for it's general literary excellence. Love it or hate it, it's a standard to which all other comics and batmans must inevitably compare themselves. It's your grand-daddy that fought in WW2 that your daddy won't stop rattling on about when he wants you to have respect for other people's property.

As for Carrie Kelley, she's certainly a polarizing choice, but one I ultimately never had an issue with because I see her as more of a story device and symbol than as an actual character to be held against other robins.

As for ruining Superman, I really don't see this as ruining Superman so much as taking that which has always separated Superman and Batman and setting it in a dystopian nuclear war scenario and aging them both quite a great deal leaving them decades for that rift to grow. I actually find the dynamic between the two expressed her to be very well thought out and the execution of that thought experiment is flawless.

John Dimaggio's joke was unforgivable. It was like...hood rat joker. I kept imagining Samuel Jackson doing an impression of Omar Little doing an impression of the joker when he talked.

But we can agree Troy Baker's impersonation is golden.

I found Greenwood's Batman acceptable, although sometimes I didn't feel like he could hit the forceful tone enough. Although, he was also better for the emotional scenes so...

Aww yeah, I'm really glad they got permission for an R rating too.

Mido

Version 1
The Martian: 9/10

I was at my grandparents' house, and I got to watch this for the first time. Needless to say, I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was suspenseful, but in an anxious way. Mars as an environment was awe-inducing, yet threatening. I loved how creative the methods of survival were for Matt Damon's character, which really kept my intrigue at an all-time high. The plot, the acting, all being great, made this movie an enjoyable and entertaining watch!

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Return of the Jedi (Despecialized) - 10/10 Probably my personal favorite from the original Star Wars trilogy, with excellent characterizations, on-point storytelling, and the best lightsaber action in the original three.

Last edited:

Misty

Ronin
Exodus: Gods and Kings Moses' Revenge: 1/10...legitimately could not finish. Go watch the Prince of Egypt if you must know this story without reading it.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Batman v Superman
7.5/10

It was fine. Don't know why every critic and their mom lost their **** and reviewed it poorly. Ran a little too long, and one or two story elements felt a little contrived but overall was enjoyable, if not a little predictable.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Minions
7/10

my sisters were gushing over this movie and talked about how amazing it was. I watched it on a whim on Netflix and.... meh. It was mildly entertaining but nothing special. It struggled to maintain my attention at times, which is never a good sign for a movie. It was not terrible by any means. But really not that great either. Just mediocre.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Fantastic Four 1/10 (WARNING MILD SPOILERS)

Wow...this is a legitimately bad movie. I assumed the reviews were exaggerating. But wow.

For starters, the movie about the Fantastic Four, a team of four people, can barely get them all together. In fact, Sue Storm and Ben Grimm never have a conversation together. Aside from the final showdown, the two are not seen together (except for the very first scene Sue is introduced in, during which Ben stands off to the side doing nothing). There is very little of them coming together as a team, something you'd expect out of a movie like this.

Also, Dr. Doom's motivation makes no sense. Like, at all. In no shape or form, does Dr Doom have a reason to do what he does. He's pretty much just wedged into the movie.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
High Rise 7/10- Set in an all inclusive high rise with it's own store, pool and gym. Residents there become more and more reclusive and when things start to go wrong and the place goes to **** they still find themselves unwilling to leave, preferring the mayhem of the high rise.

It's not for everyone as it is quite a strange film but I found it to be enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom