• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Metal Gear Solid
This game was painful. I struggle to think of a single point where I was actually having fun. There are parts of the game that I thought were neat on paper, but there was always some aspect of it that ruined it, usually the awful controls. The top notch story and presentation save this game from being a complete train wreck, and I severely doubt that it would have gotten anywhere close to being as popular without it. The worst part is that it makes me want to try Sons of Liberty. 3/10

Apparently one of the reasons why I struggled so much with the controls is because my sticks didn’t work for whatever reason, meaning all of the movement and aiming was tied to the dpad. That probably had an effect on my enjoyment.

Last edited:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse for Wii U.

Well, I technically put this down awhile back and then finished it, but I remember some of it anyway to give it a fair score which I think is like an 8.9/.10, maybe even a 9/10. By the time I was done it almost felt like Kirby's adventure on NES, one of my earliest best game memories.

It's so revelatory after Kirby and the Forgotten Land and being told how great that was and just kinda feeling like everything is just B tier in the Switchverse era of Nintendo. I think at this point I'd say I prefer the Wii U library (which is technically basically all on Switch now, so it's moot), to the Switch library.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is really at best an 8/10 for me IMO.

Metal Gear Solid
This game was painful. I struggle to think of a single point where I was actually having fun. There are parts of the game that I thought were neat on paper, but there was always some aspect of it that ruined it, usually the awful controls. The top notch story and presentation save this game from being a complete train wreck, and I severely doubt that it would have gotten anywhere close to being as popular without it. The worst part is that it makes me want to try Sons of Liberty. 3/10

Apparently one of the reasons why I struggled so much with the controls is because my sticks didn’t work for whatever reason, meaning all of the movement and aiming was tied to the dpad. That probably had an effect on my enjoyment.

I played all the MGS games on release basically and as gamers we were just like whoa zomg conspiracy theories and such epic cinematic wow this is Hollywood more than in retrospect we should of been like, wait, is this game fun to play?

If you were playing the first one I would of at least said play the Twin Snakes version of it on Gamecube, MGS2 was like an improvement. No matter what though every MGS game is basically going to be a pain.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Elden Ring - 7/10

Pretty fun to play. Exploration and combat have their satisfying moments. Story is boring and I hate walking on eggshells wondering if I mess up a questline just because I wanted to explore. If I didn't have some friends helping me to know what to avoid doing to ruin questlines, I would have had so much less fun (not that playing like that was very fun either). Playing this unguided would be a goddamn nightmare for completionists like me.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Another Code Recollection, I loved it

it was amazing to see Trace Memory reimagined in full 3d, even if the controls and camera could've stood to be polished a little more, but the sequel though? I thought it was fantastic, the more I played into it the more engaged I was w/ the story, it was just a delight to see this reimagining come to fruition and play through it

I guess Revenge of Shinobi for Sega Genesis.

I feel like it's an 8.8/10, it's not quite as amazing as the best genesis platformers like Rocket Knight Adventures and Alisia Dragoon, or maybe even Sonic 2, but Shinobi has never really not been kinda cool so there it is.

Welp now it's Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi for Genesis.

9.2/10. Overall the simpler levels and enemy placement work than revenge of shinobi in exchange for 1 hit deaths are a fair trade, it's much more manageable than revenge and just more fun. I also think the graphics and style were pretty cool. Minus a lot for sorta cheap final boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom