• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the last album you listened to.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Idk if this will get anywhere but discuss albums you've listened to recently! I listened to Metallica's self-titled in my driving back and forth to work today, solid 10/10 there. I also checked out Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd recently, I enjoyed it, will probably give it another listen sometime.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Hanabie. - Reborn Superstar! - 9/10

I love this band and find them super impressive. Perfect blend of J-pop and metalcore and I think they do Babymetal better than Babymetal does. They play all their own instruments and the vocalist even does harsh vocals herself. It doesn’t seem gimmicky like most all-female metal bands too. My favorite song is probably Neet Game. Super catchy track even though I don’t understand most of it because it’s all in Japanese.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
The Zenith Passage's album Datalysium.

THE ZENITH PASSAGE | Datalysium

10/10.

Surprisingly, they manage to scratch a tech death itch I didn't know I had since Necrophagist's album Epitaph.

The guitars are great, and the songwriting is insanely creative.

Beck Hyperspace - 9/10

Still as great as what I first listened to it back in 2019. There's a lot of variety on this album with some slower and more somber songs and others giving off huge bursts of energy. Uneventful Days and Saw Lightning are my favorite songs on the album.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Cannibal Corpse - Chaos Horrific:

9/10.

It's disgustingly good. The guitar tones are thick, meaty, and have a nasty grind to them. Alex Webster's bass, as always is absolutely perfect, and Paul's drumming is nice and suitably brutal. It sounds like there's a layer of grime over this record, which is what you want for death metal.

The real star of the album though is George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher's wonderful vocal performances. He was, and still is, the standard I compare every other death metal vocalist to.

I would include album art, like I usually do, but Cannibal Corpse is notorious for having album art that, to put it mildly, is not exactly safe for work.

Search it up on your own time. :)

ZeldaFanatic64

Infrequently active ZD member
"Slipknot (10th Anniversary Edition)" by Slipknot — 8/10

I like the added demos and mixes, but I think it's better to listen to those songs separately. I listen to full albums and I don't want to pan it out with songs that are essentially the same thing. Otherwise, it's a solid album and I can't complain much when it has some of my favorite Slipknot songs, like Eyeless and Spit It Out. (There was also brand-new songs in that version, like Purity and Get This, so it's not exactly a copy-paste Self-Titled with some extras.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom