• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

R.I.P Carrie Fisher

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well unfortunately, there was someone else. Just today Carrie Fisher's Mother died. Wow, so sad. This seems very strange that two Fishers died in such a small amount of time!
I read that Debbie told her son she wanted to be with Carrie and missed her so much. Even though it's a sad thing someone else died, it's also a beautiful thing mom and daughter are now together again. maybe Carrie waited for her mom so they can take the road to the unknown together :)

I was really confused about the events today because I guess they were talking about Reynolds on the news earlier this evening, and my dad just stated matter-of-factly "that's Carrie Fisher's mom" but I didn't think anything of it. I didn't know why she was mentioned, I figured because of Carrie Fisher's death. Then I found out later, she died, so I thought that was why. But I guess it was because she was admitted to the hospital, and then died later. I'm pretty out of the loop with these things and I really do feel bad, but I also feel bad that their deaths get commercialized because they're celebrities. I feel they don't get the send-off they deserve. But I don't know these people personally so it seems disrespectful to their family and friends to speak as if I do. Yeah, I was familiar with the character Leia, but that's not who Carrie Fisher is. I didn't know much about her off the set. I didn't even recognize Debbie Reynolds' name or know who she was until I was told.

EDIT: Removed quote of removed post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
On Carrie's mother's death, I agree that the whole thing is being over-sensationalized on the news and I am not sure the families necessarily like all of the attention right after their family member dies. Unfortunately that's one of the downsides of a globalized society, so take the good with the bad I suppose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom