• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

PS4 Trailer?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's just a silly trailer; there's no rhyme or reason as to whether it's the PS4 or not at this moment. I still do not think Sony is int he position financially to release the PS4, but I sure would liket o know about that used-game sales curb -- whether it's happening or not.

If Sony does go with this the main questions on my list would be: "What will the price be?" as well as "Does it have backward compatibility?" If yes on the later, "Will they even KEEP it?" I don't want a system that may have backward compatibility without it staying as a part of the system.

A part of me is really excited for the PS4, but a part of me doesn't care as I've sort of shifted more towards PC gaming (along with Nintendo stuff of course). I think the only thing that would get me interested in a PS4 is great exclusive new IP's. I don't care about the Move 2, or how they can integrate all the social media sites into your PS4. I want new, original games, and maybe an improvement on the dual shock, its a great controller but seriously it's been the same since PS1, at least make the triggers better...

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Yeah, I'd say Sony is revealing the PS4 on the 20th. The PS3 had a longer lifespan of being Sony's newest console than its two predecessors.

The actual reveal will probably be disappointing-focus on more powerful hardware with little software revealed.

Entered this thread in hopes that someone had found a trailer of a new Persona 4 spin-off. Unfortunately, that is not the case, and I am welcomed with an alledged Playstation 4 trailer. Ah well... I must admit that I am kind of disappointed, though, seeing as my brother just recently purchased a PS3 about a year ago and we still have yet to compile a decent gaming library worthy of our hard earned Gil. Here's to hoping that that Sony's hypothetical console incorporates backward compatibility into its repertoire of gimmicks features...

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I personally think that trailer is way too over-the-top dramatic. xD
I mean, even if it is a new system, the light show seems way too..... showy.

It feels a tad ridiculous for what they MIGHT be advertising.
And the fact that they didn't even show any product makes it even more ridiculous! xD

........just seems too flashy.

Well.... its a nice trailer. liking the sighing at the end likes it some kind of perfume commercial, oohh maybe thats what it is, PS fragrance. :P

Aaaaanyway. There have been rumours for both Sony and 360 saying that they'll showcase new hardware, to me ps3 doesn't seem to have been out that long so a ps4 is gonna feel rushed, also, like Ven said, do they even have the money? If they release it prematurely it could probably finish sony off, we'll see. I'll agree too that the ps4 will just be a machine to say 'Ive got more going for me in hardware than the wiiU' but thats it since Sony software sucks and I'm sure people would rather wait for the Nextbox.

Twill be interesting.

Clank

Hmm
Well, personally since Nintendo just released the Wii U they are almost forced to reveal a new console this year or face a almost definite weakness this generation

In all honesty I don't know why Sony should reveal a PS4. What can it potentially do that a PS3 can't do? I may not like the PS3 as a Gamer, but I do believe that the Hardware is top-notch, and I just don't see how a PS4 could improve. Better Graphics and more storage space, that's it? Is that really worth making a new console? Game Consoles aren't about how pretty a game looks, it's about the game itself and how the gameplay works. If Sony use better graphics and more storage space as a justification to create the PS4, then I'm sorry but that is a complete waste of money. This applies to Microsoft and their supposed X-box 720.

I got thoughts, it'll be the exact same system that they released 3 times already, the controller will have an X, a triangle, a circle and a square, it will have two poorly placed joysticks, and a D pad that is almost useless, it will have 2 R and 2 L buttons, the second of which will probably be a trigger, it will have start and select in the middle and have few games worth playing on it. They will continue to have no recognizable Sony franchises, (that's right spyro and crash don't count if they can be played on the wii and 360, and it will continue to try and copy the success of great games like super smash bros, despite not having any sony characters to put in it.

In all honesty I don't know why Sony should reveal a PS4. What can it potentially do that a PS3 can't do? I may not like the PS3 as a Gamer, but I do believe that the Hardware is top-notch, and I just don't see how a PS4 could improve. Better Graphics and more storage space, that's it? Is that really worth making a new console? Game Consoles aren't about how pretty a game looks, it's about the game itself and how the gameplay works. If Sony use better graphics and more storage space as a justification to create the PS4, then I'm sorry but that is a complete waste of money. This applies to Microsoft and their supposed X-box 720.

The system seller this generation will not be better graphics, the important things for Xbox 3 and PS4 are social network integration, media features, and move 2/kinect 2. The casual fanbase does not care about how much better the graphics are, they want to be able to play all their media from one place and be able to control the system easily. The reason Xbox 360 beat PS3 last generation was because Xbox Live was better than PS Network. PS3 still doesn't have cross game voice chat, while Xbox Live had it since the beginning. Also Xbox Live downloads are much faster than PS3's, and had a head start on it's media features. (For the record I like PS3 better overall but being unbiased Xbox Live is a better service than PSN)

I got thoughts, it'll be the exact same system that they released 3 times already, the controller will have an X, a triangle, a circle and a square, it will have two poorly placed joysticks, and a D pad that is almost useless, it will have 2 R and 2 L buttons, the second of which will probably be a trigger, it will have start and select in the middle and have few games worth playing on it. They will continue to have no recognizable Sony franchises, (that's right spyro and crash don't count if they can be played on the wii and 360, and it will continue to try and copy the success of great games like super smash bros, despite not having any sony characters to put in it.

I disagree that Sony does not have any recognizable characters/franchises. While Sony doesn't have a Mario/Sonic type mascot, Sackboy, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, and Kratos are all easily recognizable as very popular Sony characters.

Also, while I agree the dual shock should get a change this generation, I think the d-pad has always been good and the fact that the dual shock has remained relevant for 3 generations shows that Sony made a really well designed controller.

Austin

Austin
I got thoughts, it'll be the exact same system that they released 3 times already, the controller will have an X, a triangle, a circle and a square, it will have two poorly placed joysticks, and a D pad that is almost useless, it will have 2 R and 2 L buttons, the second of which will probably be a trigger, it will have start and select in the middle and have few games worth playing on it.

It's almost like they got it right the first time and went with what worked. Crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom