• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Help Pokemon Dungeon Youtube Channel Useless?

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
Fellow Dungeon members there is a crime going on in our midst! I am sure most us are followers of the Zeldadungeon youtube channel which is well maintained and has new videos featuring LOZ walkthroughs,news,mailbags ect... and is a great reminder of how great this site is but if you move over to the Pokemon Dungeon channel it has been very poorly abused and maintained. For a series that has more games,better sales and a overall bigger fanbase then the Zelda series (i am not bashing LOZ i am a big fan of the games!) you would think there would be alot more to talk about! I mean look at all the stuff that could be talked about on the channel with walkthroughs,news,unboxings ect...

Pokemon Main Series Games
Mystery Dungeon Series
Ranger Series
Other Spinoffs
Anime
Manga
TCG
Online Battles

ect.....

So with all these features and options why is the channel abandoned? I am sure there are a few members here that could rework the channel and make it just as great as the LOZ channel and it would IMO be a very great channel to be a sub of! Is there another team of Axel,Mases,Trevor and Caleb that could make this channel just as golden as its counter part?

To be honest, I'm not sure who is in charge of Pokémon Dungeon since David, the founder of Pokémon Dungeon, hasn't been around as of late. I think the lack of Staff and management for Pokémon Dungeon is the reason the YouTube Channel is collecting dust. Not just the YouTube Channel, but a number of projects for Pokémon Dungeon were made but half of them have been abandoned for example the Pokémon Dungeon Pokédex that has been on life support for nearly 3/4 months due to some "server change".

I know we have Mases, Caleb, Axel and Trevor, but I don't think they are solely responsible for Pokémon Dungeon. I don't know what's going on, but I have to be honest, I don't think Pokémon Dungeon is on par with Zelda Dungeon. I think Pokémon Dungeon needs to improve significantly in terms of stability and formality, considering Pokémon X & Y isn't too far away.

Last edited:

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
Yes with X and Y just around the corner the Pokemon Dungeon channel would be so poplar with fans, its a golden opportunity for the site to have so many more members join us here! Theres so much stuff that could be added to put the PKMN Dungeon on par with other big name sites and if the youtube channel could just be 80% of what the Zelda channel is then it would be a smash hit with so much content to work with i mean we already have 3 new PKMN games comming out this year in Gates to Infinity,X and Y.

How can we get this fixed and up to par with the LOZ side of things?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
There are several reasons that factor in as to why the PD YouTube channel may be abandoned. First of all, unlike Zelda Dungeon, Pokémon Dungeon gets a lot less traffic. Secondly, they're looking for members to apply for staff because there aren't enough people that help out/people aren't willing to help out. Third of all, former PD Admins/Webmasters, such as David, are no longer active (iirc David will be gone for two years). Wyatt (Kybyrian) has internet troubles, so I'm not sure how he's handling things over there (although I know for a fact that he started the B/W video walkthrough). Mases is often busy, so I doubt he has time to write walkthroughs for PD. Caleb doesn't even work for PD (I'm pretty sure anyways), let alone create walkthroughs for it.

So if you're so concerned with the way the PD YouTube channel is handled, you should definitely apply for Staff as soon as possible. :yes:

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
As of for the bigger fanbase i'm not sure your right... But i do agree, Pokemon Dungeon itself is kinda bad, the layout isnt the best, and the posts have been kinda weak, I'm sure theres alout that could be improved, like maybe a Pokemon Mailbag? And more walkthroughs, but alas we dont have the staff for it...

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
As of for the bigger fanbase i'm not sure your right... But i do agree, Pokemon Dungeon itself is kinda bad, the layout isnt the best, and the posts have been kinda weak, I'm sure theres alout that could be improved, like maybe a Pokemon Mailbag? And more walkthroughs, but alas we dont have the staff for it...

You dont think Pokemon overall has a bigger fanbase? Im not talking about just this site im talking about everywhere cause i mean just looking at sales would make me think so, such as the last pokemon games sold around 15 million.Then you have an tcg, movies, anime, many more spinoffs/games and overall sales of the franchise is second only to Mario.

Back on topic though, If we dont have a staff for it then why dont we have a topic where people can volunteer to work on the channel/portion of the pokemon forum? Im sure we have some able body people here that would love to take this side of the dungeon to new heights :D

Fellow Dungeon members there is a crime going on in our midst! I am sure most us are followers of the Zeldadungeon youtube channel which is well maintained and has new videos featuring LOZ walkthroughs,news,mailbags ect... and is a great reminder of how great this site is but if you move over to the Pokemon Dungeon channel it has been very poorly abused and maintained. For a series that has more games,better sales and a overall bigger fanbase then the Zelda series (i am not bashing LOZ i am a big fan of the games!) you would think there would be alot more to talk about! I mean look at all the stuff that could be talked about on the channel with walkthroughs,news,unboxings ect...

Pokemon Main Series Games
Mystery Dungeon Series
Ranger Series
Other Spinoffs
Anime
Manga
TCG
Online Battles

ect.....

So with all these features and options why is the channel abandoned? I am sure there are a few members here that could rework the channel and make it just as great as the LOZ channel and it would IMO be a very great channel to be a sub of! Is there another team of Axel,Mases,Trevor and Caleb that could make this channel just as golden as its counter part?

Quite honestly, I don't have much to add. However, I couldn't agree more. I am baffled as to what could be the culprit behind Pokémon Dungeon's inferior qualities (for lack of better phrasing), but I am sure there is a logical explanation behind it all. In any event, the best to you can do at the moment is apply for a position at PD; judging from this thread of yours, it seems you'd be perfect for the position... :]

If we dont have a staff for it then why dont we have a topic where people can volunteer to work on the channel/portion of the pokemon forum? Im sure we have some able body people here that would love to take this side of the dungeon to new heights :D

Here's the thing though. I recently applied to work for Pokémon Dungeon, but I have not heard anything back from them and it's been at least a few days and I should of heard something from them by now. This kinda suggests they're not hiring people and they don't need more volunteers. I agree they should do more for the site, but if as far as I'm aware, all they care about is what happens on the main page.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Pokemon Dungeon lost it's webmaster last June, and another a few months ago. The majority of the old staff is gone or went on a hiatus for several months. Pretty much all you need to know as to why things have been so quiet.

The site hasn't had too much direction in the past, but riding the wave of hype that X and Y brought in new staff has been brought on (including me, hi everyone c: ) and we are working firstly on keeping up with the latest on all things Pokemon on the news front, as well as original content such as editorials and articles. I'm sure you've all noticed that the front page has been far more active and quick to get things up than in the past which is a big step in creating a following who will check in every day or even several times a day. I can say that we are aware of how much exposure the YouTube channel is capable of getting us and there are a few things in the works already and one of them is a mailbag that already has a few questions submitted. :yes:

Also I promise that other aspects of the series, not just the games, are going to be getting more love real soon and part of that plan includes the YouTube channel. ;) So keep an eye out and check the front page every day!

Users who are viewing this thread