• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Plot hole that's been bugging me...

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
I was playing ALBW again and I couldn't help but wonder how Ravio got back to Lorule. I mean, he gave Link the bracelet and without it you can't merge into walls and therefor can't go through those cracks!! Come to think of it, if he didn't know what the bracelet did, how did he get to Hyrule in the first place?

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I had a theory a while back that he got help from the Maiamais because they can travel between worlds, too (which you learn through an anecdote by talking to the shopkeeper in Lorule near the lake). Originally he got to Hyrule the same way that Yuga did, which was through the first crack in the stone tablet in their sacred realm. At least, that's what I remember.

Ravio's journal entries make it sound like he can go back and forth between kingdoms magically;

1 Day to Go
I have so little magic. Enough to
go there—maybe not to come back.
But tomorrow must be the day.
I may never see her again, but
I vow to save her from all of this."

He says he may not have the magic to return back, not that its impossible. He most likely just returned using the same magic he used when he entered.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
It's been a while since I played it, so I'm not sure, but maybe he had a second one he never spoke of. It does look like some sort of wristguard, and you usually have 2 of those, one for each arm.

I guess I never thought on it much. I would imagine however he got to Hyrule, he used the same way back.

I don't thonk he actually didn't know what the bracelet was. He was probably acting surprised.
Also, he could have another bracelet or learned how to do the wall merge magic without it

I go with the magic thing, Just seems sensible.

Zelda often has companions come about in strange ways, like Midna (though that one got explanation in game I guess)

Night Owl

~Momentai
Ravio's journal does a pretty good job of explaining Ravio's side of the story. It sounds like he had been scouting out Hyrule in secret for a while and orchestrated Link's part in the story.

Since Hyrule still had it's triforce, he likely was able to recharge his magic using rupees.

He's Ravio. If he can con you into renting your house to him I'm sure he can inter dimensional travel

Not only did he con you into renting your house to him, you also PAID him to rent the items IN THE SAME HOUSE that YOU are renting TO HIM.

Tired of his BS? No problem! Just pay him a premium at no discount and he will gladly sell you said items to keep. In fact, this makes you so greatful, he continues to stay in your house rent free, cause he helped you out soooo much.

Ravio is a freaking criminal mastermind. The "one of a kind" bracelet he gave you he gave you was probably just one of many he keeps in that bag of his.

Not only did he con you into renting your house to him, you also PAID him to rent the items IN THE SAME HOUSE that YOU are renting TO HIM.

Tired of his BS? No problem! Just pay him a premium at no discount and he will gladly sell you said items to keep. In fact, this makes you so greatful, he continues to stay in your house rent free, cause he helped you out soooo much.

Ravio is a freaking criminal mastermind. The "one of a kind" bracelet he gave you he gave you was probably just one of many he keeps in that bag of his.
I think we may be onto something here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom