• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Playstation 4 purchase advice

Zachie

Moo
It's not the best deal, but the price is solid. Why do you need the two controllers? There's other deals where you gets games as well, they'd be a lot better value.

It's not the best deal, but the price is solid. Why do you need the two controllers? There's other deals where you gets games as well, they'd be a lot better value.
Thank you for the advice :)

None of the bundles have interested me so far to be honest. That's why I linked this. Also You are right I don't need a 2nd controller, but that's the cheapest console (on it's own) price I could find and it just happened to come with a 2nd controller. If there's a cheaper price out there for just one controller I'd take it.
I am totally not against bundles. However bundles with games you don't want are not that enticing. That's not that many PS4 games I really want to be honest.

Does a cheaper slim price exist out there? If so I'd probably take it.
For bundles though I'd have to hunt around for a bundle I like as many of them don't fancy me. All I am after really in the console for cheap (well as cheap as possible) and then get a game or two to go with it, and maybe more in the future.

Thank you ZB. Much appreciated.

Zachie

Moo
Fun fact: if you get the console bundle with games you can trade those same games back towards the price of the console and get it cheaper. That's what I did when I got my first PS4. You can only do this at EB as far as I know though.

If I'm honest, this is probably the best value deal you'll snag. https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-801267-N...sole--2-Games--Extra-Controller-PlayStation-4

1TB Slim + 2 games that still retail for $99 & a controller that also retails for close to $100, you're easily saving 200-300.

I'll see what the trade in value on those is and make my mind up. Not sure I like HZD. It's not one of the PS4 games I want but that is a good deal. HZD is not a bad game at all honestly, it's great for what it is attempting to be. That is the best deal there total value wise, I would agree with you.

Thanks to your all advice I've decided I'll get one. I just need to decide if I need that second controller. If not I can trade it in for $30 off the console. And need to decide if I want 500GB or 1TB.

Zachie

Moo
If you're not going to be playing local multiplayer much, don't get a second controller, and get 1TB because bigger is better.

I finally got off the fence and purchased this.
I paid $314 (233 US based on current conversion rates for this).
Used my being a level 4 member to trade in the 2nd controller to knock $35 off the price to get it down to $314. It's not like I'll need a 2nd controller anytime soon.
And if I need more than 500GB one day I can upgrade, the saves are in the cloud anyway so they are not lost if I swap out the HDD. It's much easier to upgrade than the launch PS4.
I actually don't like the launch PS4. The shape and size, as well as the power draw of it are all negatives for me. But the slim fixes most of these things, so I am happy.
Thank you everyone for the advice.
The first non-Nintendo console I have ever bought.

Thank you @Zachie Blade your advice helped me a lot.

4BUT9JI.jpg

Ayyyyye, congrats on your purchase! Which games did you get with it? :)
Thank you so much.

I didn't get any games with it. However I did pick up Song of the Deep a long time ago for like $10 before I even wanted a PS4 and I do have Persona 5 on it's way to me.
I do look to get Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 one day also. Past that I have no idea. I'll think about it when I can afford it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom