• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Paper Airplane?

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Look at this, it's on top of a pillar around Ikana Castle:

What do you guys think the thought process was behind this? This just looks liek an easter egg or something but it's just a paper airplane it doesn't really mean anything specific.

What do you guys think? o_O Kind of weird lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghosi

Schmetterling
OMG. Was this recorded by you? It seems pretty strange. I will definitely check it out on my game; I am almost at Ikana Castle. I just need to get the mirror shield.

Din Akera

Sniper
I have seen this! I discovered it myself in my first playthrough of MM.

I think for the most part it is simply an easter egg, but if you want to get into theorizing, we can. ^^
The main themes in MM have to do with childhood, friendship, and 'playing' I don't for one second believe this airplane was put there unintentionally. It very well may be another extention of the main themes. But we do know that Ikana became deserted from the text given to us by the king inside Ikana castle. And I don't know about you but when I was a kid I made paper airplanes all the time, went up somewhere high and threw them just to see how far they would go. Back when Ikana was a thriving place it was very possible that the children that lived there went up onto the balcony and threw paper airplanes! One got stuck on the pillar, but none of them had jazzy Flower-coppers like DekuShrub-Link to go and get it. So, it sat there until Link came along to see it.

I think it is fun to theorize about this sort of thing. Easter-eggs, or whatever you want to call them, thing in Zelda that don't really matter. ^^

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Pretty weird, I .. Really don't know what else to say about that...

The video would have been more enjoyable if you repeated "HACK" over and over...

lol! I never considered it a hack XD so it didn't even come to my mind! Sorry for the disappointment =P

OMG. Was this recorded by you? It seems pretty strange. I will definitely check it out on my game; I am almost at Ikana Castle. I just need to get the mirror shield.

Yes this was recorded by myself. I think I did pretty well considering I had one hand to use for the controller lol =P

I have seen this! I discovered it myself in my first playthrough of MM.

I think for the most part it is simply an easter egg, but if you want to get into theorizing, we can. ^^
The main themes in MM have to do with childhood, friendship, and 'playing' I don't for one second believe this airplane was put there unintentionally. It very well may be another extention of the main themes. But we do know that Ikana became deserted from the text given to us by the king inside Ikana castle. And I don't know about you but when I was a kid I made paper airplanes all the time, went up somewhere high and threw them just to see how far they would go. Back when Ikana was a thriving place it was very possible that the children that lived there went up onto the balcony and threw paper airplanes! One got stuck on the pillar, but none of them had jazzy Flower-coppers like DekuShrub-Link to go and get it. So, it sat there until Link came along to see it.

I think it is fun to theorize about this sort of thing. Easter-eggs, or whatever you want to call them, thing in Zelda that don't really matter. ^^

I found it on my first play through also but I forgot about it(it's been years since I first beat the game), plus I wasn't even part of ZD to share it with :(. But now I am and I'm here to share all the paper airplanes I see in Zelda games lol =P

Nice theory by the way, it only makes sense.

lol yeah i noticed that when i played for the first time hahaha. but is it there on the gc version too? im not sure...

I have no idea, sorry :eek:

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
maybe its an easter egg from paper mario the thousand year door

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
maybe its an easter egg from paper mario the thousand year door

I think you may have something there! After all the mario mask is in MM also....But the paper airplane being pure white with nothing on it makes me wonder if this is indeed another mario-related easter egg.

i find it wierd that it apears as soon as we cant see the screen

I was expecting a post like this sooner or later. I had my camera in one hand and the remote in the other. N64 remotes aren't really "one-hand-friendly" so if you still don't believe me go in the game yourself. There is also someone in the site staff who posted earlier if you want more evidence. I didn't mean this to sound rude.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
THAT'S AWESOME!!! I just got past the Inkana Castle and I didn't notice that! (Maybe I was too caught up watching the ReDeads do the can-can) but now I want to go back and find that! Which pillar is it on?

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
THAT'S AWESOME!!! I just got past the Inkana Castle and I didn't notice that! (Maybe I was too caught up watching the ReDeads do the can-can) but now I want to go back and find that! Which pillar is it on?

If you go through the main entrance near the front gate(use light arrow on the block to go to the castle) it will be on the right side of the castle, last pillar(I think, about 90% sure).

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well I saw the paper airplane too. I found it really weird. They probably used it to show that the place was deserted or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom