• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

One World Government

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So I've been once again thinking about the government of the Pokemon world. Sue me.
One thing that I realized was that the Pokedex that includes Pokemon from every region, every continent, isn't called the World Pokedex, or the Global Pokedex, but the National Pokedex. National referring to a single country. This means that all the parts of the Pokemon world we've been in are probably all not different countries, but regions within the same nation. The reason we haven't seen the government of any region is because the government is bigger and probably situated elsewhere.
This also makes sense with the use of the word region; regions are less like countries and more like states, as they're used in a lot of countries that aren't called the US ('cuz we have to be different).
What do you guys think about this? Does it seem like reading too much into it? Can you think of any places in the Pokemon world that wouldn't fall under the one-government umbrella? Do you think I'm completely wrong? Tell me below.
Pokelluminati confirmed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom