• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

One Specific Song to Represent One Specific Time in Your Life

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Let me explain this a bit. When I was 12 years old me and my friends had the song One love by Bob marley as OUR SONG. We always sang this song when we did things. So everytime I hear this song my mind wanders back to that time in 1984. Do you have something like this too? And if yes what song was it and what does it represent?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My first Roller Coaster ride would probably be Highway to Hell. Anytime I hear that song, I think back to that moment of pure petrification while I was sitting there, holding the handles for dear life, and screaming at the top of my lungs. It seriously felt like the Highway to Hell. I love roller coasters now, though.

Funny enough, that song was actually playing at the roller coaster at that particular moment.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Electric Avenue by Eddy Grant. :P
I remember doing a music project like in grade 5, and we each had to choose a song to research. I don't know what one of my friends searched, but she came up with this song and we killed ourselves laughing listening to it. Other friends heard it too and it became almost an inside joke. I heard that song again recently and it made me think of those simpler times. It always amazes me how music creates these little memories.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
"In the Garage" and "Say it Ain't So" by Weezer makes me think of times with my first boyfriend. I have a bunch of instances where songs bring my memories back to a certain time and place.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
[video=youtube;Kk8eJh4i8Lo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk8eJh4i8Lo[/video]

This reminds me of 8th grade last day of school. In general, it reminds me of my stupidity, which is a bad thing. :')

Anything by Muse reminds me of my sophomore year of high school. Let's just go with Hysteria.

The album Costello Music by The Fratellis reminds me of going to the Renaissance Festival with my first girlfriend (before we started dating), because that's what we listened to on the way there.

Hold On by John Lennon reminds me of going to my anthropology class--which I hated--during my freshman year of college.

A whole lot of songs remind me of 'my childhood,' mostly the stuff my dad used to play on our iPod Mini when we drove places.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Me being me, we're finding ourselves some lovely Doctor Who OST ;)

First off, back in January, I'd received a computer on loan, and I spent all my time Skyping and doing Minecraft. Whenever I hear the below track, I immediately get hit with nostalgia. Bonus points are given if I happen to be wearing flannel for some reason.

[video=youtube;k-SBNgu1hO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-SBNgu1hO4[/video]

Also, whenever I'm trying to recover from rejection, I tend to listen to the below track, which never really helps.

[video=youtube;wXev8sJXtTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXev8sJXtTM[/video]

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Pretty much my entire childhood. :P Just, hanging around the house and local estate.

[video=youtube;p29MG7wn4F8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p29MG7wn4F8[/video]

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I have a few songs that are significant to moments in my life:

My earliest childhood is all 'Wonderwall' by Oasis. I love that song.

'That's Entertainment' by The Jam just makes me think of London. It doesn't represent a time per se, but it reminds me of being about 11 and makes me really emotional even though it's not really a sad song. Just reminds me of things that happened around that time: A police car and a screaming siren/ A pneumatic drill and ripped up concrete/ A baby wailing and stray dog howling/The screech of brakes and lamp light blinking/That's Entertainment. I guess I don't see it as sad, just kind of nostalgic of how much bigger the world had seemed up until that time in my life.

'From Despair To Where' by Manic Street Preachers is probably the song most relevant to being in love for the first time for me.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
[video=youtube;SSbBvKaM6sk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSbBvKaM6sk[/video]
This song used to get a lot of radio play on the station me and my dad always listened to when I was younger...I have vivid memories of singing this in my dad's old truck (back when I knew it as "the woohoo song").
So, yeah.
This, the Ramones, Green Day, U2, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers sums up my childhood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom