• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Number of Floors of Dungeons in Zelda

K

kiryadin

I have been thinking:

I have played Loz, LttP, OOT, MM and WW (currently assembling the triforce pieces so have not completed the game yet) so I may miss that what is in the other games...

In LTTP there were a few dungeons that had quite a lot of floors: Tower of Hera, Ganon's Tower, Hyrule Castle Tower and Ice Palace had seven or more floors.
In OOT, MM and WW, it seems as if the max. number of floors for a dungeon is 5 (OOT: Fire Temple, MM: Snowhead, WW: Forbidden Woods). Why weren't there 3d dungeons in those games with like eight floors? Is it maybe because playing through a dungeon would take too long? I liked big size dungeons like Ice Palace and Ganon's Tower. There was lots to explore which made it fun, to me at least, that is.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Good thought there. But the Temple of Time and City in the Sky from TP had 8 floors each (I think). But I get your point, and it could possibly be because there was really no need for that many floors. I like a lot of small floors, rather than one huge floor, as I think it makes the dungeon more confusing.

K

kiryadin

There you go. I haven't played TP yet. Good to hear that TP has dungeons/temples with that amount of floors for a change. I like the difference. Not all dungeons need to be that big but when I finished MM I noticed that all dungeons have two floors, except for Snowhead which had five (Basement and four floors) I think.

Ya, but even those dungeons in TP that have that many floors, they only have a couple rooms per floor. It would be awesome if they made a huge dungeon with a lot of floors in a 3D game, but I guess it just takes way longer to make a 3D floor than a 2D sprite floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom