• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nightmare Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
So, looking at my role and my MS, I think that the MS is something like that person's role. Since they tried to kill Heroine, maybe the current MS belongs to the vig, or a maf? Thoughts?

My role message gave me the same idea. What I'm confused about is that she received the PM that someone tried to kill her. Since she's still alive, we can assume that the attack either

1) failed. If this is the case, perhaps that would mean that Heroine is a bulletproof or immunity sort of role.

2) was blocked. But if only one mind state is active at one time, how is this possible? Are there any roles that can block during the day? I think someone mentioned a role that blocks votes, is there one that can block kills/moves during the day?

Does anyone else have any theories?

EBWODP:
I wonder, does this thought originate from the idea of her being Bulletproof?

I do think it's possible that Heroine is bulletproof. Does that automatically make her the godfather? No, but it is a possibility if this theory is true.

Last edited:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
This is Viral's game. Literally anything can happen.

kids-dancing-to-crazy-frog-o.gif

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
My role message gave me the same idea. What I'm confused about is that she received the PM that someone tried to kill her. Since she's still alive, we can assume that the attack either

1) failed. If this is the case, perhaps that would mean that Heroine is a bulletproof or immunity sort of role.

2) was blocked. But if only one mind state is active at one time, how is this possible? Are there any roles that can block during the day? I think someone mentioned a role that blocks votes, is there one that can block kills/moves during the day?

We could have a day roleblocker. But, if the kill is related to the mindset, I doubt that an RBer would have any effect. I think that it's probably best to say that the kill failed.

EBWODP:
This is Viral's game. Literally anything can happen.

Gummy's point has been made.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I belive her to be the best chance we have on day one. If she is the godfather the killer has good luck if town.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Music, I'm not thinking that bulletproof is proof of anything. If you have anything else, feel free to say it, but I'm not gonna vote on her just yet.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I'm seriously not bulletproof. I was just as shocked as you guys that I survived that. In my defense, if I was the bulletproof godfather, wouldn't I have not even bothered telling you guys it was a kill attempt? The person who attacked me probably doesn't even know what the PM I received looked like; for all they knew, I could have been just as in the dark about the attempt as the rest of you. Technically I didn't even have to tell you I was the one who was attacked.

Oh, and don't you think that someone's mindstate that was intended to target mafia would cancel anything that's protecting a mafia member? What would even be the POINT of their attack if it couldn't kill the godfather? It'd basically just be another kill attempt, which seems unnecessary if it's not special in any way. There are probably only two of three mafia members in this game. Having one of them be bulletproof and unable to be killed by a vig or something similar during their super-special day kill seems odd.

Certainly possible. Although like you said I doubt she'd waste a killing ability on the first post of the game. Seems more like the host could attempt to kill the first person who was voted for to me.
Now that I think of it, we have to keep in mind that even if it wasn't LotL, SOMEONE used up their ability at the very start of the game. And they targeted me specifically, which is why LotL is slightly more likely than anyone else. It's really nothing concrete; just an idea I was throwing out.

Well, what was the wording like? Obviously don't c/p, but could you be more specific as to what it actually said?
The private message basically said that I began to feel weak, and then thoughts that were not my own filled my head but left. Then it stated that someone tried to kill me with their mind. That's pretty much it. It really does say that they "left" though, which almost seems to imply that they willingly didn't kill me, or that someone else protected me. (Think there's a possibility for a day doctor? XD)

By serious I didn't mean the voting, I meant the actual discussing serious matters instead of posting simply about RVS, like Scar did.
I actually realized this like two seconds after posting it, but I was in a hurry to get out the door to go to a thing then so I couldn't correct myself. XD

And now I seriously should go write my essay finals... -.-

EBWODP
musicfan, you never answered this question:

And musicfan... why'd you vote? Was it a random vote or because of what Fused said?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Unvote for now, because of this rule:

That rule means nothing if we're 3 days away from the end of the Sleeping Phase. igmeoy

I highly highly doubt that the kill was blocked. So many things would have to line up for that to have happened: there has to be a Day Roleblocker-type role in existance, player with that role would have had to use it as soon as the day started, and they would have to have successful roleblocked the host. The odds of this? Astronomical, in my opinion.

Now that I think of it, we have to keep in mind that even if it wasn't LotL, SOMEONE used up their ability at the very start of the game. And they targeted me specifically, which is why LotL is slightly more likely than anyone else. It's really nothing concrete; just an idea I was throwing out.

Not necessarily. What if someone's mind state happened without their consent? I'm pretty sure Viral would have added plenty of loops and curves into these things, so I'm sure it's possible that some happen automatically.

The private message basically said that I began to feel weak, and then thoughts that were not my own filled my head but left. Then it stated that someone tried to kill me with their mind. That's pretty much it. It really does say that they "left" though, which almost seems to imply that they willingly didn't kill me, or that someone else protected me. (Think there's a possibility for a day doctor? XD)

The feeling I'm getting from this description is that the mind state probably only effected anti-town, which would imply two things: A) the host of today is a Town, and :cool: You're not Anti-Town. It makes sense because by invading your mind the host was obviously able to determine your alignment, which means that they would have known if killing you was good for their side. They obviously determined that it wasn't, and thus "left". I can definitely see this being the mind state of the Vigilante.

I actually realized this like two seconds after posting it, but I was in a hurry to get out the door to go to a thing then so I couldn't correct myself. XD

<_<

---

This paints an interesting picture for the rest of the day. It'd be really really interesting to find out Heroine's alignment, because they would definitely help us understand this situation a lot better than we do currently. However, if what Deku suggested is true, and that the mind state ability only works on scum, it would be a waste to lynch a Townie, even on Day 1. So.... thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom