• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild New official Artwork

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I think it looks pretty good... But Jesus Christ, I just want a trailer.

I want to see how this game actually plays.

Jedi Rise

Jedi Reach
It's awesome how the Zora Tunic became the main :P (kinda') I remember swapping to Zora Tunic and Hover Boots in OoT strictly for cosmetic reasons.

And is it just me or does Link have a kind of... Ranger-Aragorn feel to him now?

You mean with the hood? I could kind of see that, though I hear more poeple accuse Nintendo of trying to turn Link into Legolas. XD

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Gosh dang I'm loving his design more and more. I can't wait to see more of it in play.

I'm not surprised people are bringing up his handedness. That never mattered to me, but personally I always found that his sword and shield on his back are more aesthetically pleasing when he's right-handed. (maybe that's just cuz i am right handed idk)

The handedness isn't like that big a deal, but it's just that I always thought it was cool that Link was traditionally left-handed, because it's not something you see a lot of in characters in fiction. Like, when the handedness is known or shown in some manner, they're almost always right-handed. Like I legit probably can't name off the top of my head, five characters who are left-handed. I'd start and stop with Link because no one else really comes to mind. So I just think it's odd that they'd make him right-handed if there isn't an excuse for it--that is, motion controls.

And again, with the bow thing--it's not entirely unheard of to do one thing right-handed and everything else left-handed. Like, me--I don't really consider myself ambidextrous, though I probably fall under some extension of it--I write mostly with my right hand, but, for example, when I play sports, I always swing clubs/bats/etc. left-handed. I mean, I can write left-handed but it's not all that legible; likewise, I can swing clubs right-handed, but it's terrible. I just have designated hands for different things. So, yeah, I guess I'm a little bummed about it, but I'm not gonna fuss over it or anything.

However, if they force motion controls down my throat, then I will make a bit of a fuss, ha. If they incorporate them at all, at least make them optional. Please.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The handedness isn't like that big a deal, but it's just that I always thought it was cool that Link was traditionally left-handed, because it's not something you see a lot of in characters in fiction. Like, when the handedness is known or shown in some manner, they're almost always right-handed. Like I legit probably can't name off the top of my head, five characters who are left-handed. I'd start and stop with Link because no one else really comes to mind. So I just think it's odd that they'd make him right-handed if there isn't an excuse for it--that is, motion controls.

And again, with the bow thing--it's not entirely unheard of to do one thing right-handed and everything else left-handed. Like, me--I don't really consider myself ambidextrous, though I probably fall under some extension of it--I write mostly with my right hand, but, for example, when I play sports, I always swing clubs/bats/etc. left-handed. I mean, I can write left-handed but it's not all that legible; likewise, I can swing clubs right-handed, but it's terrible. I just have designated hands for different things. So, yeah, I guess I'm a little bummed about it, but I'm not gonna fuss over it or anything.

However, if they force motion controls down my throat, then I will make a bit of a fuss, ha. If they incorporate them at all, at least make them optional. Please.
Zelda U is pretty much confirmed to use the Gyroscope for aiming controls for the bow, first person, ect. So it's like TPHD and WWHD. They are optional. The game hasn't had a radical redesign yet because they are still using footage from when they announced to design the game.

So we can take Aonuma's word in that the delay was to expand ideas. Meaning no forced motion controls.

Plus this is an NX game too. So that matters as well.

Blue is definitely the colour this time around it looks like.

I really didn't like the last piece of official artwork, there was something slightly off about it, I really wasn't a fan.

This though, is awesome. I'm loving Link's face (the thing that looked a little off to me last time, when compared to the actual footage of him we'd seen in trailers), loving the cloak, loving Epona and the colours, blue really works for Link, I'd be happy if he never changed out of it.

Its a really nifty piece of artwork, got me a little hyped for E3, even though I'll only be watching official trailers (if there are any) rather than a day's worth of gameplay, which I think may spoil a few too many things.

To the fans of the tradition green tunic;

I wouldn't worry if I was you. It's very natural of them to promise and hype up something new and then back out on it halfway through the game. I'm calling it now; the blue hoodie won't last.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Anyone notice the cape?

If I recall Link just had the blue tunic in the first trailer and artwork. It could be just a change in design, but I've never seen Link wear a cape as a part of his usual get up and it looks way to badass to start off with. Maybe this is an important item of sorts that becomes a part of the story? Or it could be something similar to past Cape-related items we've seen in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom