• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New DragonBall Z Movie Announced

Unless you count DragonBall Evolution, there hasn't been a new DBZ movie in over a decade. Sure we got "The Episode of Bardock" and "Yo, Son Goku and His Friends Return," but those were T.V specials. Now, we are getting a new DBZ movie which will be released in March of 2013. Check out the link. New Dragon Ball Z Movie Confirmed for March 2013 - Saiyan Island
What makes this movie special is that the creator of DragonBall is actually working on it. Akira Toriyama was never involved in any of the movies. He did some character designs and thats pretty much it. If you look at the scan, we get a hint that the movie might take place during or right after the Buu Saga. What are your thoughts?

P.S: Sorry if you encounter a weird screen when you clicked on this thread, I don't know what is going on

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
after Toonami's recent renaissance anything is possible.

Yeah, but too bad that the rights to DBZ's English dub belongs to *cringes* Nick. (DBZ Kai)

This is pretty exciting, considering we haven't seen any true DBZ in a long time. Hopefully this will live up to what the series originally was.

masterSword2

Smile!
That's pretty exciting! It's been a while since I last watched DBZ, but them adding something new to the series makes me want to start watching again. It would be really cool if the movie gets really popular and because of this the decide to continue the series. I sure hope this turns out well! Also, thanks for posting this, otherwise I likely wouldn't have found out about it for a long time!

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Big Octo said:
Yeah, but too bad that the rights to DBZ's English dub belongs to *cringes* Nick. (DBZ Kai)

The Kai dub certainly "dumbed down" the series a bit but it's still far superior to nearly anything on television today.

masterSword2 said:
That's pretty exciting! It's been a while since I last watch DBZ, but them adding something new to the series makes me want to start watching again. It would be really cool if the movie gets really popular and because of this the decide to continue the series. I sure hope this turns out well.

I will definitely be doing something along the same lines as well. When I first learned of the Legend of Korra series I re watched the entirety of Avatar: The Last Airbender before diving into the sequel show. It brought back the good ol' times, the careless childhood summer nights of watching anime. What has me most excited is that the move appears to occur sometime before or during the Buu saga. As for continuing the main story, there really is no room after the eradication of Kid Buu. Now only filler movies will release to continue the tradition.

Dan

Oh neat, I'm glad to see their working on something new. DBZ never has really died since the games always came out every year :P

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I'm just glad it's not going to be a live action movie and that the original creator is working on it definitely looking forward to it.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Hey, anyone else having this problem?
I'm throwing my money and hope at the screen, but the movie won't come out of my hard drive?
ALL MY WANT!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This is exciting news indeed. I do hope for another attempt at live action some other time. If so, I hope that they stay truer to the source material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom